New Surge Combos: Now Daily!

Argenti

Radiant Order - Heartmender (Progression/Adhesion) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will heal and improve others. 

Heartmenders are another one of the healer-based radiant orders. Instead of being on the battlefield like edgedancers, heartmenders prefer to be in medic tents or in noncombat roles to help others. They want to help those who are injured but also find ways to help those who have been hurt in ways progression can't heal. 

Surges: Adhesion and Progression

Adhesion can be used to stick things together and bind things. Heartmenders are better at spiritual adhesion which they use to bind the soul of a person to their body when they are starting to drift into the beyond. (like how Szeth was dying at the end of Stormlight 2 but Nale used an adhesion fabrial to reattach his soul to his body. Only used when someone is flatlining but can be used in emergencies if for some reason they just need more time. )

Progression can be used to heal recent injuries. 

Resonance:  They can use their Adhesion to help heal others as mentioned above. (I'm still figuring out the difference between a combo of surges or what a resonance is) 

True Spren: Carespren  (or maybe mercyspren?) 

Platespren: Bloodspren

Ideals:  Healing others and helping them improve. 

First: LBD/SBW/JBD

Second: I will heal the broken and make them better

Third: I will heal those who are too far gone. 

Fourth: There are some people I cannot heal (maybe there are some people I should not heal, like enemies) 

Fifth: I will teach others to be healers (this one could use some work) 

Note - The sibling likes radiants of this order more because they share the surges of honor and cultivation. (Could maybe be a resonance?)

14 minutes ago, Elite01 said:

Very good work! I like orders not primarily focused on combat, but healer roles are hard to make work with the existence of Edgedancers. I can see this order being the professional surgeons of the world, or the last ditch healers as I suspect their unique Surge Combo would cost a LOT of Stormlight or exhaustion or both.

I think the simplest description of Surge Combos VS Resonances is that Resonances are unintentional. They're loosely related. Lightweaver resonances are their ability with memories, as shown with Shallan (and I think mentioned with other people of the Lightweavers). Surge Combos are a direct effect of using two Surges that normally never interact together. Resonances are more people-specific and can have variations, and are sometimes related directly to Surgebinding (Windrunners have greater Squire capacity) or are directly related to person (the aforementioned Lightweaver Resonance). 

Also, I thought Nale used a Regrowth fabrial? Might remember wrong though, Adhesion + Progression would be very good at revivals.

2 hours ago, Elite01 said:

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will heal and improve others. 

Heartmenders are another one of the healer-based radiant orders. Instead of being on the battlefield like edgedancers, heartmenders prefer to be in medic tents or in noncombat roles to help others. They want to help those who are injured but also find ways to help those who have been hurt in ways progression can't heal. 

Surges: Adhesion and Progression

Adhesion can be used to stick things together and bind things. Heartmenders are better at spiritual adhesion which they use to bind the soul of a person to their body when they are starting to drift into the beyond. (like how Szeth was dying at the end of Stormlight 2 but Nale used an adhesion fabrial to reattach his soul to his body. Only used when someone is flatlining but can be used in emergencies if for some reason they just need more time. )

Progression can be used to heal recent injuries. 

Resonance:  They can use their Adhesion to help heal others as mentioned above. (I'm still figuring out the difference between a combo of surges or what a resonance is) 

True Spren: Carespren  (or maybe mercyspren?) 

Platespren: Bloodspren

Ideals:  Healing others and helping them improve. 

Second: I will heal the broken and make them better

Third: I will heal those who are too far gone. 

Fourth: There are some people I cannot heal (maybe there are some people I should not heal, like enemies) 

Fifth: I will teach others to be healers (this one could use some work) 

Note - The sibling likes radiants of this order more because they share the surges of honor and cultivation. (Could maybe be a resonance?)

I really like the concept of an order of healers that are better to healing the people pasing to the beyond, like a magical RCP, i think is a nice niche that haven't been taken yet.

Also , maybe using their capacity to use connection they could be better at healing not so recent injuries, something like their connect with their spiritual perfect self using Adhesion to heal them even if their Cognitive Perception have changed?

P.S. For the true spreen I like more Carespren as Mercyspren is kind of "overused". And bloodspren feels very tematic for the Order , I think is a very very good choice

Radiant Order - Viewtwisters (Gravitation/Transformation) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will not conform with the stablished. 

Viewtwisters are an order of idealist people that doesn't like to follow the current and the stablished order and laws, seeking always for better. 

Surges: Gravitation and Transformation

Gravitation can be used as usual to make basic lashings

Transformation can be to soulcast.

Combining they surges they can apply their lashing to the cognitive aspects of objects (the beads of Shadesmar) allowing them to lash more abstracts things like smoke or fire (although this is more stormligth consuming than lashing as regular) and can apply in this way a new type of lashing called Internal Lashing. An internal Lashing must be applied to an object that sees itself like an structure with an interior (like a house, a pàlace or a chest). Instead of the object gravity being altered all the objects and creatures inside the structure are affected by the lashing, making, for exemple, that while you are inside a palace the gravity pulls you to the ceiling instead of the floor. Any surgebinder with access to the Gravitation surge can nullify the effect of this lashing by appling their own as it is easily overridden.

Resonance:  They have an increased sense of spatial perception, allowing them to see patterns and calculate better the distance at where an object is found.

True Spren: Posibilityspren - In the physical realm they look like small persons made of crystal that walk over a platform made of crystal also, appering under their feet as they move. They like to walk in direction where the gravity shouldn't work. 

On the Cognitive Realm they look as humans made of crystals shining like a prism in different colors.

Platespren: Rainbowspren

Ideals:  The ideals are centered about non-conformism and following theie sense of justice. 

Second: I will seek justice for the people, even against the law.

Third: I will confront all unjust laws, even if they are benefitial for me. 

Fourth: I accept that some changes must be made carefully time to avoid mayhem.

Fifth: I will change the unjust and preserve the just.

Note - The Viewtwisters and Skybreakers had affairs and confrontations constantly as they had almost opposites perspectives regrding the laws.

Edited by icefenix7198
Completing info (Oaths of the order)

4 hours ago, icefenix7198 said:

Radiant Order - Viewtwisters (Gravitation/Transformation) 

This is really good! I like the establishment of the Internal Lashing, staying in line with how the other Lashings work. It's fine to leave Ideals unfinished, I'm pretty sure we never really made those mandatory (although they are preferred). However, if you do plan on working on them eventually, you could start out simpler like 'I will seek a better society for all' as a general second Ideal, and then maybe lean into the removal of what's established, like 'I will break down the old and build up the new' or something along those lines. It's your concept, so don't feel pressured to include these.

Also, again, I like the inter-order relationships, especially the conflicts. Skybreakers are a good opposite but keep in mind that Skybreakers aren't forced to maintain THE law, just a law or code. For example, I suspect the Skybreakers to be split in half, one trying to support the Viewtwisters and the other trying to maintain the original law, against the Viewtwisters. Good work! I'm trying to be a little more interactive with my responses now, as I realized I haven't been contributing much.

Radiant Order - Realmjumpers (Abrasion/Transportation) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will become better from my failures. 

Realmjumpers are an order that have a great variety of diferent people, from ligtheyes nobles to pilfers, but all of them have something in common: A failure or bad decision have changed their lives for the worst.

In the Radiant Knigths they act more as infiltrator or prisioners liberators than a militia, using their ability to easily change between realm in an area to sneak away, transport other people to a safer place, destoy or steal key items and ignore walls and other obstacles. They normally liked to avoid direct confrontation and when forced to figth they became unpredictable appering and desapearing in a blink of an eye

Surges: Abrasion and Transportation

Abrasion is used to reduce friction, allowing the Radiant to slip in surfaces and become dificult to restrain or make other objects frictionless.

Transportation is used to transition from the Physical Reakm to the Cognitive Realm and viceversa (Elsecalling).

Realm Blinking: Combining their surges they can create an area (the size depends on the skill and current Oath of the Realmjumper but varies from 3 meters/10 feet of diameter to 30 meters/100 feet) that looks like a mix of mist and diluted stromligth where they can Elsecall very efficiently in and out of the Cognitive realm (this effect only affect the Realmjumper as is Identity Keyed), allowing them to quickly appear and dissapear within the area. Additionally, due to the distorsion of distances between the two realms, they can reappear in places further away that were they entered , always within the cloud of stormligth. It is possible to make the cloud move over the time in one direction but is an skill that requires practice.

Resonance:  Realmjumpers breath in Stormligth faster than most radiants and can do it from a sligthly larger distance.

True Spren:  Loopspren - Loopspren are the representation of new beginings and rebirth, like the water of the storms that after raining down evaporates to rain again.

In the physical realm they look like a ring of descending water and raising mist that is constantly flowing.

In the cognitive realm they look like humans made of water in its center that gradually become mist and vapor as its reaches its extremities and hair.

Platespren: Rainspren 

Ideals:  The ideals are centered about learning from mistakes. 

Second: I will accept that I may fail and continue foward.

Third: I will learn not only from my experience but also from the others, even my enemies.

Fourth: I will not repeat my failiures, and improve each day.

Fifth: I will help the world remembrer their mistakes to not repear them.

Lore: Altough they were seen as cowards by other orders more centred in the direct confrontation like the Windrunners, Edgedancer or Stonewards they had good relationships with orders more centered in the subterfuge as Thruthwatchers and Ligthweavers.

Edited by icefenix7198
Complet info (sprens)

7 hours ago, Argenti said:

Think I got them all, y'all really like using the word "Life" 

Life's an easy one. The two-word format is pretty difficult and the positivity focus of the Orders really narrows down the options. Anything with Progression will most likely have some variation of Life, and considering Cultivation's influence on the other Surges still, it's basically a default. However, that does give me an idea: Negative Radiant Orders? Odium-serving kind? Would be fun to theorize. I'll see if I can try my hand at one eventually, but school's been making my brain run dry.

On 21/9/2023 at 9:26 PM, Voidwatcher said:

Life's an easy one. The two-word format is pretty difficult and the positivity focus of the Orders really narrows down the options. Anything with Progression will most likely have some variation of Life, and considering Cultivation's influence on the other Surges still, it's basically a default. However, that does give me an idea: Negative Radiant Orders? Odium-serving kind? Would be fun to theorize. I'll see if I can try my hand at one eventually, but school's been making my brain run dry.

Odium serving orders seam very cool, although sadly we only know very little about the powers related with Voidbinding, we only know about seeing the future

But Odium knigth orders similar to Renarin with one of its surge changed with an Odium voidbindingg could be a blast to make.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:03 AM, icefenix7198 said:

Other Notes: Moonhidders were a order that had a lot of problems with other orders during history , specially the Truthwatchers and Sunbreakers. Whoever, they work helped to stop dangerous secret organizations and when the time of need came the leaders of the orden shared the knowledge with the other Orders to figth back. 

Now that I'm finally reading up on all these, I can see where the Moonhiders and the Suncrashers would disagree, up until the 5th oath of course, when the top brass of the Suncrashers turn into secret keepers onto themsleves.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:26 PM, Voidwatcher said:

However, that does give me an idea: Negative Radiant Orders? Odium-serving kind?

Wanna see an order of assassins that breaks bonds and is willing to do anything to succeed? I've got an order of Angry berserkers coming soon too (Tension-Division)

Knight Radiant Order: Shadewalkers (Illumination/Transportation)

The Shadewalkers are a fractured order, with two primary groups, Avast and The Rays of Dawn. The Rays of Dawn is Odium-leaning, composed of madmen and the disillusioned, who think the world must burn before anything great can come of it. Avast, on the other hand, is Honor Leaning. Avast is led by politicians and leaders who see the bigger picture and know that chaos must be used in order to prevail. Both sides utilize hordes of assassins who kill or protect targets to maximize chaos on Roshar.  

Surges: Illumination+Transportation

The Shadewalkers utilize both of their surges to great effect, using Illumination to disguise themselves. Illumination also aids in their silent killings, cloaking their victims in shadow and muffling screams as they die.   This Cloak also acts like a coppercloud, dampening investiture signatures, making them undetectable to secret spren and their ilk. Cloaks can be unwoven by any order with Illumination or Transformation. 

Transportation is used as normal, enabling realmatic transition to and from the cognitive. This combines with Illumination to allow Shadewalkers to “Shadewalk” where they travel from one shadow to another.

True Spren:  Nightspren

Nightspren appear in the cognitive realm as cloaked figures with long hoods hiding their face and eyes, if pulled back, the cloak reveals a vaguely head-shaped shadowy smear, they speak in a constant stage-whisper. In the physical realm they appear as a particularly dark part of their bonded radiant’s shadow.

Plate Spren: Fearspren

Resonance: The Shadewalkers can sense fear.

Ideal Theme: The Shadewalkers are pragmatic in their oaths, and care only for the result of an action, not the steps taken to get there (Hence the changed first oath). 

Oaths:

First Ideal: Death before Life, Weakness before Strength, Destination before Journey 

Second Ideal: I will do what I must.

Third Ideal: I will do what I must, even if  ____ (Think reverse windrunner, if I must hurt those I have sworn to protect, even if it is not right ect.)

Fourth Ideal: *A rejection of some long-held value or person*

Fifth Ideal:  ???? (5th ideals are always Impossible; ideally should be some denouncement of anything but results )

Lore: Most of the orders, be them Edgedancer, Windrunner or Viewtwister, loathe the Avast Shadewalkers, disagreeing with them fundamentally; the Stormfather views their oaths as a perversion of natural law, and many people refuse to work with them on principle. One notable exception to this are the Elscallers, who they have a friendly rivalry with (Who can be the most Machiavellian). The Avast Shadewalkers don’t care who likes them or not, and will save the world if it means destroying all the radiants. The Rays serve Odium and disturb even the fused, with the Shanay-im being the most disgusted by them.

9 hours ago, Argenti said:

Wanna see an order of assassins that breaks bonds and is willing to do anything to succeed? I've got an order of Angry berserkers coming soon too (Tension-Division)

This is exactly what I was thinking! I like the noticeable split between sides, and how both sides of the Order are hated by the sides they fight for. I'm not too sure about the First Ideal being changed though, as no matter the Order it is always universal. We still don't know much about the inverted LBD Death Rattle, so I'm not sure if we can assign that to Odium or whatnot.

On 9/24/2023 at 3:49 AM, icefenix7198 said:

Odium serving orders seam very cool, although sadly we only know very little about the powers related with Voidbinding, we only know about seeing the future

But Odium knigth orders similar to Renarin with one of its surge changed with an Odium voidbindingg could be a blast to make.

While yes, Radiants with Odium's Surges would be cool, I mean more so in an orientation way. Radiants that use Honor/Cultivation's Surges and powers but have Oaths and resonances and combos that make them likely to have members of the Order on both Honor and Odium's side.

(Triple surge, because why not)

Radiant Order - Willcarriers (Illumination/Transportation/Adhesion) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will give voice to the unheard. 

Willcarries are sometimes compared to Bondsmiths and Edgedancers. Their proupurse is to unite people, but instead of acting as leaders like the Bonsmith, they act as representatives and communicators, making sure nobody is ignored, even the lowest or despicable.

Surges: Illumination, Transportation and Adhesion

Illumination can be used to Ligthweave, although the ilusions made by the Willcarriers aren't as realistic as for example the Ligthweavers, but they can make more brigth ligth and louder sounds in comprasion.

Transportation can be to peer into the Cognitive Realm , allowing them to listen and see what is happening there, and to travel to Cognitive Realm from the Physichal Realm or viceversa. While peering in the Cognitive Realm they can hear the Rythms.

Adhesion is used to manipulate create full lashings and creating Connections.

Combining Ilumination and Transportation they can Ligthweave in the Cognitive Realm though the physical real, allowing them to create becons in the Cognitive Realm, or comunicate with other beings there without entering.

Illumination an Adhesion is used to connect a Ligthweaving to a person, due to not being the Radiant itself the ilusion aren't very good but allows the person to speak more loudly (or even speak if its mute) and create images of the ideas they want to represent.

Finally, using adhesion and transportation they can link two objects in various ways (normally gems as they hold stormligth way better), conjoining them as if they were fabrials, or making them resonate or reflect the same thing as the other, allowing to create communication devices that work from any distance.  

Resonance:  They have the capacity to hear frecuencies normally inaudible to humans.

True Spren: Pure Harmonysprens  

Platespren: Musicspren

Ideals:  The ideals are centered about giving voice to the Unheard. 

Second: I will speak for the ignored.

Third: I will give the ignored the capacity to speak from themselves. 

Fourth: I accept that I cannot hear all voices. (This has two meanings, first that they won't be able to know or help all the ignored people, and also that sometimes they need to make decision without listening to everyone) 

Fifth: I will unite all the voices I can to choose our future.

Knight Radiant Order: seasprinters
Surges: abrasion+gravitation

the use of abrasion makes it possible to move through air and water really quickly. you can slick up the water to break the surface tension. for this reason, seasprinters are the fastest order of knight radiant. they are faster above ground too because they can ignore air resistance, but their abilities are more obvious in water. while they don't need to breathe underwater because of stormlight, they have the ability to "slick" the air around them and lash it towards themselves, allowing them to breathe, useful for getting stormlight. something about the combination of abrasion and gravitation makes it easier for them to isolate specific things in a substance with their lashings(i.e. air in water, dust in the air, different types of metals in stone) it is theorized that this has something to do with the slicking making it easier to separate them in real life.
True Spren: explorationspren
Plate Spren: wavespren
Resonance: seasprinters tend to like the outdoors, not the cities. they are often alone. they tend to be good at learning new things, especially if those things have anything to do with self reliance or the outdoors. they often have strange fascinations and skills that others don't understand
Ideal Theme: being independent/not being affected by society

Oaths:
First Ideal: LBD/SBW/JBD

Second Ideal: I will stand out

Third Ideal: I will not yield, even when it distances me from others

Fourth Ideal: I accept that there are some who I must obey

Fifth Ideal: I'm not entirely sure about this one, I'm open to suggestions

Edited by witless hoid

Knight Radiant Order: Pathcravers (Division/Transformation) 

Ideal Theme: I will clear the way and advance. 

Altough they posses both of the more destructive surges, historically Pathclearers always acted more of a support order instead of a combative one, helping create tunels, clear obstacles like rock slides and rescue people from fires and collapsed buildings by opening a way. Although they preferd to act as rescue units during the Desolation they also acted as demolisher of enemies structures using they powers and resonance.

After the recreance some Crumblespren become resentful with the Radiant Knigth, choosing to only bond Singers and join forces with Odium to destroy the past and create a "new and better world", bonnding Knigths and giving them less restrictions at the moment to destroy thinghs.

Surges: Division+Transformation

Division is used to touch an object and cause it to burn, turn to dust, or decay in other ways. Pathclearers have a very fine control over what they affect with division and can access this surge since the beggining, but can only be used on unliving matter until the fourth ideal is reach.

Transformation is used to soulcast. Due to the interaction of their Surges, Pathclearers are more efficient (consume less Light) in Soulcasting to non solid materials - those covered by the Essences of Spark/fire, Vapor/smoke, and Zephtr/air but have problems soulcasting other things in a non decay form, being able normally to only soulcast into thinghs like rusted metal, rotten grain or frail stone.

Combining their surges they can apply division in investiture itself, allowing them to destroy kinetic investiture (for example destroy a time bubble of a allomancer, a surgebinding lashings or a Forgery on an object, but they wouldn't be able to depleat the stormligth a Radiant has breath or the metal an allomancer has ingested) and send it back to the spiritual realm. Note: This ability isn't instantanous so its dangerous to use it on incoming projectiles at risk of dying before can be destoyed. 

True Spren:  Crumblespren.

Crumblespren represent the pass of time and the inevitability that all things one day must fall.

In the Cognitive Realm they look like persons made of chiseled stone and metal full of cracks, rust and plant growing in them, like if they were made of ruins. On the Physical Realm they can only move in surfaces like Cryptics but instead of showing a pattern they make things where they pass over look as ruinous and destroyed, plants appear withered, flesh rotten, stone broken, etc.

Plate Spren: Decay sprens (or Dustsprens if in any moment is confirmed to be the Dustbringers/Releasers Plate Spren).

Resonance: The Pathclearers have the ability to more easily detect flaws on structures or people (they can more easily see weak structural points like cracks, rust, spot errors in patterns or percive if a bone isn't fully healed) .

Oaths: Their oaths revolve about avancing in their objectives through the difficulties. In the case of Odium aligned Knigths their ideals take a more destructive and murderous path against its obstacles (the Radiant Knigths and humanity).

Second Ideal: I will persevere in my journey no matter what obstacles I encounter

Third Ideal: I will help others advance even if it means having to wait.

Fourth Ideal: I will accept help of others when I cannot continue my path alone.

Fifth Ideal: I will clear the obstacles that I carry myself. (This oath refers to eliminating fear/doubt/ or other weaknesses) 

Edited by icefenix7198
Improvements due to feedback

On 9/29/2023 at 11:37 AM, witless hoid said:

Knight Radiant Order: seasprinters

Good work, I like it. Don't sweat the Fifth Ideal too much, we only have the Skybreaker to pattern it off of, and even then their order is a tad different from most. The Fifth Ideals aren't intended to be fully accurate, due to our overall lack of understanding them. I feel like the description of (what I think is) the Surge Combo more closely matches something like Cohesion + Abrasion, so you might want to save that for something else. May I suggest something like something being Slicked when Lashed? Thereby allowing a physical object to negate air resistance/friction but not allowing the high-level alteration of matter that could be found with a Cohesion/Abrasion Combo? Either way, do what you want. Just trying to help :D

On 9/30/2023 at 5:19 PM, icefenix7198 said:

Knight Radiant Order: Pathclearers (Division/Transformation) [I'm not very convinced with the name]

May I suggest 'pathcarvers'? Not too much better, but might help. Besides that: Great work! I like the elaboration on the difference between pre-Recreance Radiants and modern Radiants. The only thing I'd change would be a minor adjustment to the Resonance, maybe it could just be towards flaws in general? Like noticing an outlier in a pattern, a crack in a wall, or just something wrong altogether? This could also apply to people if you want to boost it. I also like the elaboration of the Crumblespren, a very unique description, both for its purpose and its physical description.

9 hours ago, Voidwatcher said:

I feel like the description of (what I think is) the Surge Combo more closely matches something like Cohesion + Abrasion, so you might want to save that for something else. May I suggest something like something being Slicked when Lashed? Thereby allowing a physical object to negate air resistance/friction but not allowing the high-level alteration of matter that could be found with a Cohesion/Abrasion Combo? Either way, do what you want. Just trying to help :D

you're right, that does seem more of a cohesion/abrasion. thanks! I love the idea of slicking items when lashed, that sounds really fun! appreciate the feedback!

On 2/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, Voidwatcher said:

May I suggest 'pathcarvers'? Not too much better, but might help. Besides that: Great work! I like the elaboration on the difference between pre-Recreance Radiants and modern Radiants. The only thing I'd change would be a minor adjustment to the Resonance, maybe it could just be towards flaws in general? Like noticing an outlier in a pattern, a crack in a wall, or just something wrong altogether? This could also apply to people if you want to boost it. I also like the elaboration of the Crumblespren, a very unique description, both for its purpose and its physical description.

Oh, I like more Pathcarvers, thanks for the suggestion
Regarding the resonance I don't see a very big difference although english is not my native languaje so could be my directly translating in my head, I will change it

Thanks for the feedback

16 hours ago, icefenix7198 said:

Oh, I like more Pathcarvers, thanks for the suggestion
Regarding the resonance I don't see a very big difference although english is not my native languaje so could be my directly translating in my head, I will change it

Thanks for the feedback

The 'difference' is that the original Pathcarver Resonance was more aimed towards structural flaws only, in non-living obects, ex: a cracked wall, but the more general resonance i suggested can refer to flaws in general, such as people (physically or cognitively), which I feel would fit more. Again, don't change anything you don't want to, but if you think my idea works as well, go ahead, no need to doubt yourself. :D

Knight Radiant Order: Bodysforgers (Tension/Progresion) 

Ideal Theme: I will push my limits 

Bodyforgers were an order formed normally by persons that in their past failed to accomplish a task due to their physical (and sometime emotional but normally those people would be choosen by other radiant sprens) weakness, and that failure caused a point of inflexion in their lives , maybe losing a beloved, maybe failing to accomplish their dream. Either way, Endeavourspren encouraged them to try again and become better.

In battle during the desolations Bodyforgers stayed at the second line , enhacing the other Radiants and mundane troops with their powers and swiftly jumping into action when necesary in case something failed. They also healed when necesarry but prefered to let that task to other Orders more centered and specialized in healing like Worldhealers or Edgedancers.

Surges: Tension+Progresion

Tension is used to alter the stiffness of an object as normal, although they can also use the surge on living beings, but is more difficult as they have more innate investiture.

Progresion is used to Regrowth , allowig to heal the soul and body of people as normal. Bodyforgers have also the ability to use Growth to accelerate the growth of organic beings, although they aren't as efficient with it as other orders, so they use less this surge.

Combining their surges they can enhace the physichal charactheristics of others such as skin hardness, strength , explosiveness etc. This ability is more easy to do on themselves than others. 

True Spren:  Endeavorspren.

Endeavourspren represent the impossible made posible, the capacity and determination of humanity to overcome new challenges each day.

In the Physical Realm they look like braided roots that have a small humanoid form like a marionette or mannequin , larger like the majority of other sprens. In the cognitive realm they look like very tall and muscular humanoid made of wood that look like muscular fibers, their eyes made of iron.

Plate Spren: Exhaustionspren.

Resonance: The Bodysharpeners have an enhaced flexibility.

Oaths: Their oaths revolve about pushing the limits of themeselfs and others.

Second Ideal: I will push my limits and those of the people I care to become better.

Third Ideal: I will continue and push myself, even when I wish to give up.

Fourth Ideal: I will accept that some limits must not be broken as the consequences .

Fifth Ideal: I will become better every day. (Fifth Oaths are always complicated) 

Edited by icefenix7198

On 10/5/2023 at 9:29 AM, icefenix7198 said:

Knight Radiant Order: Bodysharpeners (Tension/Progresion) 

Nice! I like the surge combo a lot. I think you copy-pasted the wrong first two paragraphs, however, that holds some Pathcarver lore. I'll edit this response once you update it, so I can give my opinion on the lore for Bodysharpeners. Also, may I suggest Bodyshapers? It's a bit closer to Willshaper, but I think it matches the format better. Do what you want!

Edit: Nice call with the Bodyforgers. It's a great choice, and I like the overall lore of the Bodyshapers. Endeavourspren are a strange one, but I like that description a lot. Not many go for the Cognitive AND Physical description, so props to you for that. I love a good support role, nice development. Great work!

Edited by Voidwatcher
add-on

Knight Radiant Order: Ruinholders (Tension/Division) 

Ideal Theme: I will destroy evil 

Ruinholders is an order composed mostly by former dangerous people, pryomaniacs, assasins, and other criminals, as Havocsprens liked to help people redirect their desctructive nature to something more profitable. Even then , a lot of orders despised the Ruinholders for their ease to kill and cause colateral damage. Even the Stormfather disliked them due to how little they respected the first oath of the Radiant Knigths allways being near breaking it, due to this , little Ruinholders ever existed and only in times of great necesity.

On combat, the order acted away from the direct conflict on the battlefield, breaking supply lines, creating traps like landmines with their Ruinholding, and making gaps in the walls of enemy fortifcations.

Surges: Tension+Division

Tension is used to alter the stiffness of an object as normal, which allow them to make a material rigid or brittle.

Division is used to make things decay, burn or break up as normal.

Combining their surges they can apply a division to an object or person but with a delay (this ability is called Ruinholding), only releasing the destructive surge after a condition is meet, like some amount of force is aplied or some time has passed (for example, a Ruinholder could infuse a bridge with Ruinholding to relase its energy when a great amount of weigth is over, so a person could walk over without danger but when a cart passes over the threshold is reached and the division is realesed, setting in fire the bridge and the cart over it).

True Spren:  Havocspren. 

Havocspren represnts the inavitable chaos and destruction that will come one day.

In the physical realm , Havocspren look like a small storm made of fire and ligthning, and although they cannot become invisible or change their size they can use a little bit of division to ignite things like paper, firewood or candles. In the cognitive realm they look like humanoid made of swirling fire with chunks of stone moving around they bodies shaping more they figure.

Plate Spren: Furyspren.

Resonance: Ruinholders resist less investiture, with makes them positive investiture effects like healing more efficient in them, but also negative effects like Soulcasting or Emotial Allomancy a little bit more easy to do on them. Also, the more broken is the spirit web of the Ruinholder (which is very common due to that most of their members are "crazy¨or inestable) more pronunced is this resonance.

Oaths: Their oaths revolve about destruction .

Second Ideal: I will destoy the evil of the world.

Third Ideal: I will destroy even what I love to better the world.

Fourth Ideal: I will accept that some problems cannot be destroyed.

Fifth Ideal: I will become destruction.

Note: Odium has a great interest in convince this sprens to join its side, althogh it hasn't been yet archived.

Edited by icefenix7198
Update to resonance

On 10/13/2023 at 4:37 AM, icefenix7198 said:

Knight Radiant Order: Ruinholders (Tension/Division) 

Hooray! More 'evil' orders! :P

Anyways, great work here with the Ruinholder development, and I like how the title ties into the power akin to Windrunning and Lightweaving. Havocspren are a great concept as well, along with the simple but still fitting Furyspren for the Plate. The only minor adjustment I'd make would be with the Resonance- not every Ruinholder would be one in the same circumstance, and I'd bet some would have more perfectly sealed Spiritwebs (by fixing it themselves beforehand or just not breaking it that terribly in the first place). Unless you mean to imply their Resonance naturally breaks down their own Spiritweb over a set time period (like they're Ruinholding themselves or something along those lines), I'd adjust it to be a little different since the way you phrased the Resonance makes the effect feel circumstantial instead of universal for all Ruinholders.

Besides my awfully worded minor issue, great work! I find this a funny reference to Mistborn:

Spoiler

Definitely a clear Ruin reference (it's in the name), but I find Ruinholding a powerset closely related to Pres/Ruin's plan or Harmony: Preserving something for a while until the time is right, and then Ruining it. If this was intentional, nice job! If it wasn't, well, you're pretty lucky!

I see you're practically the only true consistent poster here, at this point. Thanks for sticking around! I'll try to add to this whole thing eventually, but my school workload is making even this simple response difficult. Thanks for sticking around and having fun (and letting me 'critique' your work :D)!

On 16/10/2023 at 3:12 PM, Voidwatcher said:

The only minor adjustment I'd make would be with the Resonance- not every Ruinholder would be one in the same circumstance, and I'd bet some would have more perfectly sealed Spiritwebs (by fixing it themselves beforehand or just not breaking it that terribly in the first place). Unless you mean to imply their Resonance naturally breaks down their own Spiritweb over a set time period (like they're Ruinholding themselves or something along those lines), I'd adjust it to be a little different since the way you phrased the Resonance makes the effect feel circumstantial instead of universal for all Ruinholders.

I thought their spirit web would be more broken due to their madness (Mistborn HoA)

Spoiler

That’s the reason Ruin could also comunícate with “crazy” people like Zane or that beggar without having and spike

Although it make sense that not all Ruinholders would be equally broken or maybe not broken at all, when I have time I will rework a little bit the resonance, thanks for the feedback

Besides my awfully worded minor issue, great work! I find this a funny reference to Mistborn

The Mistborn reference part was pure luck in the combinations of the two :D, the first one was intentional, specially with the resonance 

I see you're practically the only true consistent poster here, at this point. Thanks for sticking around! I'll try to add to this whole thing eventually, but my school workload is making even this simple response difficult. Thanks for sticking around and having fun (and letting me 'critique' your work :D)!

Don’t worry for posting, school always go first, I also don’t have a lot of time so probably I would disappear a little for a time.

14 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Does this page have a weird aspect ratio for anyone else or is just me?

Yes, most definitely. I have to scroll just to read responses (and give rep). Very strange.

1 hour ago, icefenix7198 said:

I thought their spirit web would be more broken due to their madness (Mistborn HoA)

Reveal hidden contents

That’s the reason Ruin could also comunícate with “crazy” people like Zane or that beggar without having and spike

Although it make sense that not all Ruinholders would be equally broken or maybe not broken at all, when I have time I will rework a little bit the resonance, thanks for the feedback

Ah, I wasn't really thinking about insanity. Yes, madness does cause cracks in the Spiritweb, but as you brought up yourself, not all Ruinholders will have that same insanity.

The Mistborn reference part was pure luck in the combinations of the two :D, the first one was intentional, specially with the resonance 

Makes sense, I figured as much.

Don’t worry for posting, school always go first, I also don’t have a lot of time so probably I would disappear a little for a time.

Yeah, I have a big test today even, won't be on for long. Feel free to disappear for a bit, we'll still be here when you come back.