New Surge Combos: Now Daily!

Argenti

3 minutes ago, Voidwatcher said:

I thought those weren't going to be counted. Then I guess we have some luck and plenty to do. I'll try and do the first Triplesurge today to test the Radiant Formula on it.

I did restrict pure triple surges because Illumination, Illumination, Illumination, is the same thing as Illumination, Illumination. Four surges is not happening thouggh because then we have around 9000 options which would never end

1 minute ago, Argenti said:

I did restrict pure triple surges because Illumination, Illumination, Illumination, is the same thing as Illumination, Illumination. Four surges is not happening thouggh because then we have around 9000 options which would never end

Yes, I meant Triplesurge as a term for Three Surges, assumably different. Thanks for the clarification. Once I finish with today's Triplesurge, I'll randomly select two random surges for a few more days before I decide to do a Triplesurge again.

Just now, Voidwatcher said:

Yes, I meant Triplesurge as a term for Three Surges, assumably different. Thanks for the clarification. Once I finish with today's Triplesurge, I'll randomly select two random surges for a few more days before I decide to do a Triplesurge again.

good luck! I'll be working on some stuff too

Today's Triplesurge (Rolled Randomly!)

Knight Radiant: Bondslickers!
Surges: Adhesion - Abrasion - Tension
Surge Combo: Bondslicking! This allows you to make Connections 'slick', making them weaker and easier to manipulate by others.
TrueSpren: Invested Cultivationspren (Near-Godspren)
Platespren: Growthspren
Resonance: Personal Reading: They have an enhanced Fortune due to their Investment, and this Fortune represents itself as intuition- allowing Bondslickers to 'read' people to see through lies and deceit and appreciate the person that's really there.
Ideal Theme: Their goal is to have people explore themselves and play around with their capabilities, they're an order dedicated to trickery and being mischievous in general, but still helpful.

First Ideal: LBD/SBW/JBD
Second Ideal: I will explore the strengths of the people.
Third Ideal: I will force the weaknesses of people to come to light.
Fourth Ideal: I accept that for some people I will be unable to invoke anything.
Fifth Ideal: I will see all people for who they are.

This one was very difficult, I didn't expect to roll Bondsmith surges right off the bat. Tried my best with it, any ideas for improvement?

Edited by Voidwatcher

Knight Radiant Order: Veilmender

Surges: Transportation+ Tension

Surge Combo: Strengthing the barrier between realms, which makes opening a perpendicularity harder or even impossible. This also makes Cognitve entities find it harder to appear in the area affected; spren don't manifest (except for bonded radiant spren, very powerful spren ex.), and stuff like Midnight essence or cognitive shadows can't enter until the stormlight runs out. 

True Spren: Wardspren

Plate Spren: Barrierspren

Resonance: Harder to effect with investiture, effects

Ideal Theme: Preserving the way the world is meant to be, and protecting's one's autonomy

Oaths:

Second Ideal: I will preserve the order of the world.

Third Ideal: I will not bend to the will of those in power, for they do not decide  how the world should be.

Fourth Ideal: There are some things that must not be preserved, for order may crush those it ought to protect.

Fifth Ideal: I am the bulwark against intrusion, so none may pass my eye.

Bit late; better late then never. thoughts?

Edited by Argenti
switched ideals around a bit

10 hours ago, Argenti said:

Bit late; better late then never. thoughts on my fifth ideal?

Fifth Ideals seem to be based around the key concept of the order in it's ultimate form, so maybe it'd be simple like 'I am preservation' which creates some Cosmere confusion but something along those lines, or just 'I am resistance to change' or 'I am protection of stasis' or something like that. Your third ideal is kind of your fifth ideal, with the 'I am' statements. If we go off the Windrunner Ideals and the Fifth Skybreaker Ideal, since those are the most complete regular ideals, it usually goes something like:

2nd: "I will (main purpose of order)."
3rd: "I will (main purpose of order applied to people that seemed to be exceptions at first)."
4th: "I accept (fault of the order, something against the main purpose)."
5th: "I am (something very closely aligned with the main purpose/the main purpose itself)."

So if you remade your third and slapped your previous third onto your fifth, you should be fine. Maybe keep the 'none shall pass my eye' bit with the third, but rewrite it? 'I am the bulwark against invasion' is a very strong fifth ideal on it's own.

Edited by Voidwatcher

Order: Realmbinders 

Surges: Adhesion + Transportation

Radiant spren: Journeyspren

Platespren: Starpren

Resonance: allows for the creation of stable perpendicularites, but they function better as gateways rather than infinite stormlight (but they still produce stormlight)  

First Ideal:  LBD/SBW/JBD

Second Ideal: I will push my limits, mind, body and spirit  

Third Ideal: I will give others the power to push their own limit

Fourth Ideal: I may not reach perfection

Fifth Ideal: The reach towards mastery is a goal unto itself

Theme: Bring together the physical, cognitive and spiritual aspects of yourself. push your own limits, and help others to do the same.

The way I am thinking this would work is that the surge of transportation works by creating a tiny perpendicularity, and with adhesion it would be possible to stabilize to create a perpendicularity that can last a bit longer. Again I don't think it would create much stormlight, and it would be a ability that is only unlocked latter.

22 hours ago, Voidwatcher said:

Fourth Ideal: I accept that some people will have nothing to invoke.

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by invoke? Invoke essentily means call for, do you mean they have no god to put in their cuss words?

3 minutes ago, Argenti said:

I'm a bit confused by what you mean by invoke? Invoke essentily means call for, do you mean they have no god to put in their cuss words?

A vagueness thing, the Order is based on exploring people's lives and mental states, so I basically mean that 'even if I try severely hard, they will show nothing' ie you cannot invoke a reaction from them. There's probably a better word for it or just better wording, but that's what it means. I'll edit it.

1 hour ago, Spearguy said:

The way I am thinking this would work is that the surge of transportation works by creating a tiny perpendicularity, and with adhesion it would be possible to stabilize to create a perpendicularity that can last a bit longer. Again I don't think it would create much stormlight, and it would be a ability that is only unlocked latter.

Makes sense, its basically a baby oathgate, I doubt it would make stormlight at all since a lot  is being consumed in the maintenance of the perpendicularity

1 minute ago, Voidwatcher said:

A vagueness thing, the Order is based on exploring people's lives and mental states, so I basically mean that 'even if I try severely hard, they will show nothing' ie you cannot invoke a reaction from them. There's probably a better word for it or just better wording, but that's what it means. I'll edit it.

Ohhhhhh that makes sense, you could re-phrase it smth like 
Fourth Ideal: I accept that in some people I will be able to invoke nothing.

5 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Makes sense, its basically a baby oathgate, I doubt it would make stormlight at all since a lot  is being consumed in the maintenance of the perpendicularity

I feel like it would produce a small amount of Stormlight, but that Stormlight would be drawn to the Radiant themselves, and then get consumed in order to maintain the Perpendicularity. Basically making it an infinite Perpendicularity (as long as the Radiant is awake to maintain it) but it can't generate Stormlight for your fellow Radiants, making it more balanced.

5 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Ohhhhhh that makes sense, you could re-phrase it smth like 
Fourth Ideal: I accept that in some people I will be able to invoke nothing.

Thanks, that works.

Edited by Voidwatcher

23 minutes ago, Voidwatcher said:

I feel like it would produce a small amount of Stormlight, but that Stormlight would be drawn to the Radiant themselves, and then get consumed in order to maintain the Perpendicularity. Basically making it an infinite Perpendicularity (as long as the Radiant is awake to maintain it) but it can't generate Stormlight for your fellow Radiants, making it more balanced.

These were my exact thoughts.

1 minute ago, Spearguy said:

These were my exact thoughts.

Nice! I thought you were originally implying it was more temporary, but glad I got it right. Good job with it! Something that I forgot to mention, though, is that it has been theorized Starspren are the Plate for Skybreakers. Not confirmed, so I don't care, but if you want to change it just incase go ahead- overall, great job!

Knight Radient Order: Skycaster

Surges: Gravitation & Transformation

Surge Combo: Can change the air pressure and composition of the air surrounding them.

True Spren: Skyspren

Plate Spren: Cloudspren(Edited)

Resonance: Can hold more stormlight than a normal Radient and are resistant to have investiture drained.

Ideal Theme: To inspire bravery and create a just world 

Oaths:

Second Ideal: I will inspire those around me and teach them the ways of bravery.

Third Ideal: I will teach even those need it but do not wish to learn.

Fourth Ideal: I accept there will always be those that refuse to be brave. 

Fifth Ideal: Being brave and just myself is enough to inspire those around me. 

Thoughts? The ideals are a little rough would love feedback.

Edited by Rhythm of Discord
Thanks @Voidwatcher for the suggestions changed the Plate spren and modified the ideals.

5 minutes ago, Rhythm of Discord said:

Knight Radient Order: Skycaster

Surges: Gravitation & Transformation

Surge Combo: Can change the air pressure and composition of the air surrounding them.

True Spren: Skyspren

Plate Spren: Windspren

Resonance: Can hold more stormlight than a normal Radient and are resistant to have investiture drained.

Ideal Theme: To inspire bravery and create a just world 

Oaths:

Second Ideal: I will inspire those around me and teach them the ways of justice.

Third Ideal: I will teach even those need it but do not wish to learn.

Fourth Ideal: I accept there will always be those that refuses Bravery and Justice. 

Fifth Ideal: Being brave and just myself is enough to inspire those around me. 

Thoughts? The ideals are a little rough would love feedback.

There's an overlap with the Platespren for Windrunners, but besides that, it works well! I'm not sure if Platespren should be allowed to overlap or not, but it might be worth changing.

For the Ideals, I think you might want to lean in on bravery and try to cut out as many mentions of justice as possible in order to differentiate the Skycasters from Skybreakers. Besides that, the Ideals themself were written pretty great! You got the strategy down perfectly.

Knight Radiant Order: Soulbinder

Surges: Adhesion + Adhesion

Truespren: Oathspren

Platespren: Bindspren

Surge combo: A Soulbinder can manipulate Spiritual Connections in a Physical way. They can make Connections manifest physically, becoming visible as a white thread/rope, but are only tangible to them. They can create Connections between themselves and objects, and between two or more objects, and can then manipulate them physically. For example, a Soulbinder could summon a Connection between them and something far away, then grab that Connection and yank on it to pull the object closer. Conversely, they could grab the Connection, Command it, and have the object be shoved away. Through practice and Intent, a Soulbinder can eventually forgo the need to physically manipulate the Connection and can simply Command it mentally. They can also create Connections between two objects, then make them either get pulled towards each other or pushed away. This works a little like having Awakened ropes that grow from you to objects or from one object to another, and then move however the Soulbinder wishes, becoming longer/shorter only when commanded to. Creating a Connection requires Stormlight, but maintaining them does not. A Soulbinder can reabsorb the Connection to get roughly half of the expended Stormlight back. A 5th Ideal Souldbinder can summon hundreds of Connections as a time (so long as they have enough Stormlight) and are given enough of a mental boost from their passive abilities that they can distinctly Command each one separately, like A-Atium. They can also form Connections between themselves and walls, ceilings or other structures, then swing from them, lengthening or shortening the Connection as required. Conversely, they could also form a Connection between themselves and the ground, then make the Connection rigid and use them as stilts. If they have a lot of Stormlight, they could simply make rigid Connections to the ground, make them longer to shoot themselves into the sky at an angle, then create and dismiss more to essentially travel like a Coinshot. It is hard for a Soulbinder to Bind any living being other than themself, though this becomes easier in places where the realms are closer.

A Soulbinder cannot break a formal oath without immediately Dead-eyeing their Spren, as they are subject to Honor's truest surge twice. They cannot manipulate Connections Spritually like a bondsmith can, but if they use their powers in conjuction with a Bondsmith, they could create a permanent physical Connection.

Resonance: They have no official Resonance since they have the same Surge, however they do have some side effects. A Soulbinder can use Stormlight like a liquid and throw it. Wherever the splashes land, it immediately forms Connections with the closest couple of objects/people immediately becoming Connected to the ground and stuck there. However, these Connections cannot be commanded by the Soulbinder, and the Connections run out after a small length of time.

Ideal Theme: making oaths and adhering to them.

Second Ideal: I will hold the oathbound accountable to their promises

Third Ideal: I will remain faithful to my oaths, even if they shall kill me

Fourth Ideal: I refuse to accept the breaking of oaths, no matter what.

Fifth Ideal:  I will be the vow that binds the splintering world

3 minutes ago, Underwater_Worldhopper said:

Very complex! High quality, well thought out. Iron/Steel vibes on that combo, I like it! Love the restrictions. We should add more of those for side-effects of Doublesurges so that it gives it Savant-like feel since it's just a Surge but made severely strong.

LOVE the connection (pun intended) to Honor here, and how the Oaths are based closely on him. I'm gonna break the rules to do something similar soon, no randomization for me! Glad you finally put use to Bindspren too. I can see your mind ran away with how long that paragraph of a combo is :P

Looking forward to more insane combos from you! No complaints on anything, since Honor's Truest Surge seems to be pretty powerful anyways. What do you think a Soulbinder could do to Spren? What about Perpendicularities? Or, what about people in general? You stuck to objects alone, so I'd like to see those ideas.

37 minutes ago, Underwater_Worldhopper said:

Surges: Adhesion + Adhesion

Truespren: Oathspren

Platespren: Bindspren

Surge combo: A Soulbinder can manipulate Spiritual Connections in a Physical way. They can make Connections manifest physically, becoming visible as a white thread/rope, but are only tangible to them. They can create Connections between themselves and objects, and between two or more objects, and can then manipulate them physically. For example, a Soulbinder could summon a Connection between them and something far away, then grab that Connection and yank on it to pull the object closer. Conversely, they could grab the Connection, Command it, and have the object be shoved away. Through practice and Intent, a Soulbinder can eventually forgo the need to physically manipulate the Connection and can simply Command it mentally. They can also create Connections between two objects, then make them either get pulled towards each other or pushed away. This works a little like having Awakened ropes that grow from you to objects or from one object to another, and then move however the Soulbinder wishes, becoming longer/shorter only when commanded to. Creating a Connection requires Stormlight, but maintaining them does not. A Soulbinder can reabsorb the Connection to get roughly half of the expended Stormlight back. A 5th Ideal Souldbinder can summon hundreds of Connections as a time (so long as they have enough Stormlight) and are given enough of a mental boost from their passive abilities that they can distinctly Command each one separately, like A-Atium. They can also form Connections between themselves and walls, ceilings or other structures, then swing from them, lengthening or shortening the Connection as required. Conversely, they could also form a Connection between themselves and the ground, then make the Connection rigid and use them as stilts. If they have a lot of Stormlight, they could simply make rigid Connections to the ground, make them longer to shoot themselves into the sky at an angle, then create and dismiss more to essentially travel like a Coinshot. It is hard for a Soulbinder to Bind any living being other than themself, though this becomes easier in places where the realms are closer.

A Soulbinder cannot break a formal oath without immediately Dead-eyeing their Spren, as they are subject to Honor's truest surge twice. They cannot manipulate Connections Spritually like a bondsmith can, but if they use their powers in conjuction with a Bondsmith, they could create a permanent physical Connection.

Resonance: They have no official Resonance since they have the same Surge, however they do have some side effects. A Soulbinder can use Stormlight like a liquid and throw it. Wherever the splashes land, it immediately forms Connections with the closest couple of objects/people immediately becoming Connected to the ground and stuck there. However, these Connections cannot be commanded by the Soulbinder, and the Connections run out after a small length of time.

Ideal Theme: making oaths and adhering to them.

Second Ideal: I will hold the oathbound accountable to their promises

Third Ideal: I will remain faithful to my oaths, even if they shall kill me

Fourth Ideal: I refuse to accept the breaking of oaths, no matter what.

Fifth Ideal:  I will be the vow that binds the splintering world

I LOVE THIS! You found a way to make Adhesion useful in the coolest way possible I would give you all my rep if I could. My only minor nitpick is that most of your oaths say the same thing, but that can be fixed easily. Like Voidwatcher said, i look forward to more combos by you!

31 minutes ago, Voidwatcher said:

We should add more of those for side-effects of Doublesurges so that it gives it Savant-like feel since it's just a Surge but made severely strong.

I 100% agree that savantism makes perfect sense for the double surges; do you want to change anything in the Selfshapers? Maybe make it hard for them to lie?

40 minutes ago, Voidwatcher said:

Very complex! High quality, well thought out. Iron/Steel vibes on that combo, I like it! Love the restrictions. We should add more of those for side-effects of Doublesurges so that it gives it Savant-like feel since it's just a Surge but made severely strong.

LOVE the connection (pun intended) to Honor here, and how the Oaths are based closely on him. I'm gonna break the rules to do something similar soon, no randomization for me! Glad you finally put use to Bindspren too. I can see your mind ran away with how long that paragraph of a combo is :P

Looking forward to more insane combos from you! No complaints on anything, since Honor's Truest Surge seems to be pretty powerful anyways. What do you think a Soulbinder could do to Spren? What about Perpendicularities? Or, what about people in general? You stuck to objects alone, so I'd like to see those ideas.

I did mention it's harder to Bind a person, due to the whole Investiture resists Investiture thing, so it holds true for all Invested beings and objects. It becomes way easier near a Perpendicularity, like Soulcasting. If you can get the Connection to stick to a person or Spren, it would essentially work the same way, letting you fling them around as you wish, maybe Connecting them to the ground or other structure to trap them there. You could trap someone to the ground, then Connect two large things on either side of them and make them smash together as a particularly violent way of killing someone. You could Connect an object to them, then have it get pulled at them, almost like Lashing something at them, only the thing would fly directly at them no matter where they moved. You could Connect them to yourself and have them pulled back to you, or launch yourself at them. They can't touch the Connections, so you could leave yourselves Connected the entire fight and continually keep them off balance. You could bind one part of them to another and have them be torn apart. All sorts of combat applications are possible, but it's very overpowered, so I'd imagine it's extremely hard to Connect a living being like a human, and even more so for a Spren, and the whole thing costs ten times as much Stormlight. You could Connect and trap the manifestation of a Spren in the Physical Realm though, and if you could force the Radiant they're bonded to far enough, the Spren would eventually lose sapience, and the bond would (if temporarily) dissolve.

As for Perpendicularities, beyond making Binding easier, I doubt it would have much of an effect on the powers, or that they could create or sustain a Perpendicularity, since I wanted them to be distinct from Bondsmiths (notice how they can't manipulate Spiritual Connections, which is what makes Bondsmiths so powerful). Its an important line to draw, since this order is already so powerful and Savant-like that Perpendicularity Creation would be too much. There have to be some hard limits, after all.

12 minutes ago, Argenti said:

My only minor nitpick is that most of your oaths say the same thing, but that can be fixed easily.

I found it a bit annoying as well, but where Oaths are concerned, given their nature as unchanging and unbreakable, this is about as well as I could differentiate them. The second is about accepting the importance of Oaths amd starting on the Soulbinder path, the third is about learning to adhere to your oaths no matter what, not even if puts you at a disadvantaged position, not even if means you get killed. The fourth I actually quite like, because it intentionally breaks the "I accept (such and such) exceptions to my ideal" pattern, but It just goes to show just how important Oaths are to this order. It makes sense that they would never accept any form of broken or bent oath, because their entire order revolves around Honor. The fifth is about truly understanding and embracing the nature of Oaths, so much so that (since you are now practically one with an Oathspren) it is now your duty to enforce Oaths indiscriminately. I would definitely love some feedback and/or alternative ideas though.

Hm. I wonder if there's actually about twice as many possibilities (excluding doubled identical Surges). If we're breaking the fixed order of Surge pairs, perhaps it matters which is which. A/B might not be the same as B/A; Cohesion/Transportation might not be the same as a Willshaper (perhaps it'd be the Order with riverspren plate, representing fluidity = Cohesion and travel/mobility = Transportation).

I'd also like to "stake a claim" to Adhesion/Transportation (Order: Hearthfounders, core Ideal: I will establish) and Adhesion/Progression (Order: Lifewright, core Ideal: I will enliven) so that I can write them up properly.

Edited by cometaryorbit

1 hour ago, cometaryorbit said:

I'd also like to "stake a claim" to Adhesion/Transportation (Order: Hearthfounders, core Ideal: I will establish) and Adhesion/Progression (Order: Lifewright, core Ideal: I will enliven) so that I can write them up properly.

Duplicates are allowed and encouraged!

Hm. I wonder if there's actually about twice as many possibilities (excluding doubled identical Surges). If we're breaking the fixed order of Surge pairs, perhaps it matters which is which. A/B might not be the same as B/A; Cohesion/Transportation might not be the same as a Willshaper (perhaps it'd be the Order with riverspren plate, representing fluidity = Cohesion and travel/mobility = Transportation).

Really, I doubt it works like that, It just wouldn't make sense to have 2 combos for each blend, but this is just for fun so knock yourself out.

3 hours ago, Argenti said:

I 100% agree that savantism makes perfect sense for the double surges; do you want to change anything in the Selfshapers? Maybe make it hard for them to lie?

Maybe, I'll think of something.

3 hours ago, Underwater_Worldhopper said:

I did mention it's harder to Bind a person, due to the whole Investiture resists Investiture thing, so it holds true for all Invested beings and objects. It becomes way easier near a Perpendicularity, like Soulcasting. If you can get the Connection to stick to a person or Spren, it would essentially work the same way, letting you fling them around as you wish, maybe Connecting them to the ground or other structure to trap them there. You could trap someone to the ground, then Connect two large things on either side of them and make them smash together as a particularly violent way of killing someone. You could Connect an object to them, then have it get pulled at them, almost like Lashing something at them, only the thing would fly directly at them no matter where they moved. You could Connect them to yourself and have them pulled back to you, or launch yourself at them. They can't touch the Connections, so you could leave yourselves Connected the entire fight and continually keep them off balance. You could bind one part of them to another and have them be torn apart. All sorts of combat applications are possible, but it's very overpowered, so I'd imagine it's extremely hard to Connect a living being like a human, and even more so for a Spren, and the whole thing costs ten times as much Stormlight. You could Connect and trap the manifestation of a Spren in the Physical Realm though, and if you could force the Radiant they're bonded to far enough, the Spren would eventually lose sapience, and the bond would (if temporarily) dissolve.

Nice, I figured as much but wondered if there was any unique effects if you had enough Stormlight to do so.

3 hours ago, Underwater_Worldhopper said:

As for Perpendicularities, beyond making Binding easier, I doubt it would have much of an effect on the powers, or that they could create or sustain a Perpendicularity, since I wanted them to be distinct from Bondsmiths (notice how they can't manipulate Spiritual Connections, which is what makes Bondsmiths so powerful). Its an important line to draw, since this order is already so powerful and Savant-like that Perpendicularity Creation would be too much. There have to be some hard limits, after all.

I didn't mean creation of Perpendicularities, I meant if there was any effect you could apply to existing Perpendicularities. With such a 'lock' onto the Physical Realm, could you force large amounts of the Cognitive Realm/Spiritual Realm through the Perpendicularitiy simply by Binding through it? Transfer a ton of Stormlight or Spren? That'd probably immediately shut down the Perpendicularity, but I wanted to know if there was any interesting interactions planned with them. Could they maybe be unable to travel to the Cognitive Realm due to their own 'Adhesion' to the Physical Realm? What would happen if they tried Binding in the Cognitive Realm? Such an interesting power, that I just want to know all the details!!!!! :P

OK, this is a super weird one, but the concept just seemed fitting...

Lifewright (Adhesion/Progression) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will enliven. 

The Lifewright was an unique type of Surgebinder or Radiant - now extinct, and not properly a Radiant Order strictly speaking as none existed by the time the Orders were properly established. The unique Lifewright spren, Re-Shephir, was transformed into an Unmade by Odium one Desolation after Nohadon's time.

The principle of the Lifewright is liveliness, excitement, wonder, and inspiration. They could be teachers, political leaders, artists, poets, or many other things - but the core of their approach to life and the world is inspiring others to see the world as a wondrous place.

Surges: Adhesion and Progression  Lifewrights can use Adhesion to make the Full Lashing, and Progression for both Growth (speeding the growth of plants) and Regrowth (healing).

This powerful set of Surges includes the Truest Surges of both Honor and Cultivation. The combined Surges allow manipulation of Intent and Identity, as a Bondsmith manipulates Connection. 

Light Transfer: The Lifewright transfers Light via manipulating Identity keying, either passing their own Light to another Surgebinder (by touch or breath, up to a few paces away) or pulling Light from another. This ability also allows ending lingering effects of other Surgebindings, such as absorbing another's Lashing or Lightweaving. The Lifewright can then use the Stormlight themselves. Lifewright can draw Voidlight from a Regal or Fused -- or even sap Investiture from other worlds' Invested Arts -- but cannot use it themselves.

This was the only available combined effect, in a time when Surgebinding was limited by Honor.  A hypothetical current, Unchained Lifewright could use these abilities to far greater effect - terrifying and wondrous powers trespassing on the territory of other magic systems and even the Shards themselves.

Enlivening: The basic effect of this is a Warbreaker spoiler.

Spoiler

By infusing light into an object alongside a Command, they can grant it a semblance of life. This is the same effect as Awakening on Nalthis (to create ordinary Awakened objects, not Lifeless) but due to the evanescent nature of Light, it is temporary.

They can theoretically create equivalents of half-Shard shields, or even temporary Shardblades, but the amount of Light needed would be impractical.

Beyond even that, such an individual could "cultivate" spren, increasing their Investiture -- even creating newborn truespren from nonsapient spren, or raising a truespren to something like an Oathgate spren (though the amunt of Light this would consume would be truly incredible, straining the limits of even an Unchained Bondsmith's Perpendicularity). Potentially, they could create new spren from sufficient free Investiture.

Spren: Re-Shephir (before she was Unmade) 

Platespren: Awespren (in theory); none (historically - in that era, proto-Radiants did not yet have Shardplate).

Ideals: The Lifewrights existed in an era before the current formalized structure of Oaths. Their Ideals focused, however, on inspiring others, appreciating wonder, and making the world a better and more wondrous place.

1 hour ago, Argenti said:

Hey @Voidwatcher, your name seems strangely like a knight radiant order name.

Yup. I have the Voidbinding version of the Truthwatcher for my pfp, so you combine Void and Truthwatcher and you get Voidwatcher. Very easy naming.

OK, this is a super weird one, but the concept just seemed fitting...

Lifewright (Adhesion/Progression) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will enliven. 

The Lifewright was an unique type of Surgebinder or Radiant - now extinct, and not properly a Radiant Order strictly speaking as none existed by the time the Orders were properly established. The unique Lifewright spren, Re-Shephir, was transformed into an Unmade by Odium one Desolation after Nohadon's time.

The principle of the Lifewright is liveliness, excitement, wonder, and inspiration. They could be teachers, political leaders, artists, poets, or many other things - but the core of their approach to life and the world is inspiring others to see the world as a wondrous place.

Surges: Adhesion and Progression  Lifewrights can use Adhesion to make the Full Lashing, and Progression for both Growth (speeding the growth of plants) and Regrowth (healing).

This powerful set of Surges includes the Truest Surges of both Honor and Cultivation. The combined Surges allow manipulation of Intent and Identity, as a Bondsmith manipulates Connection. 

Light Transfer: The Lifewright transfers Light via manipulating Identity keying, either passing their own Light to another Surgebinder (by touch or breath, up to a few paces away) or pulling Light from another. This ability also allows ending lingering effects of other Surgebindings, such as absorbing another's Lashing or Lightweaving. The Lifewright can then use the Stormlight themselves. Lifewright can draw Voidlight from a Regal or Fused -- or even sap Investiture from other worlds' Invested Arts -- but cannot use it themselves.

This was the only available combined effect, in a time when Surgebinding was limited by Honor.  A hypothetical current, Unchained Lifewright could use these abilities to far greater effect - terrifying and wondrous powers trespassing on the territory of other magic systems and even the Shards themselves.

Enlivening: The basic effect of this is a Warbreaker spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

By infusing light into an object alongside a Command, they can grant it a semblance of life. This is the same effect as Awakening on Nalthis (to create ordinary Awakened objects, not Lifeless) but due to the evanescent nature of Light, it is temporary.

They can theoretically create equivalents of half-Shard shields, or even temporary Shardblades, but the amount of Light needed would be impractical.

Beyond even that, such an individual could "cultivate" spren, increasing their Investiture -- even creating newborn truespren from nonsapient spren, or raising a truespren to something like an Oathgate spren (though the amunt of Light this would consume would be truly incredible, straining the limits of even an Unchained Bondsmith's Perpendicularity). Potentially, they could create new spren from sufficient free Investiture.

Spren: Re-Shephir (before she was Unmade) 

Platespren: Awespren (in theory); none (historically - in that era, proto-Radiants did not yet have Shardplate).

Ideals: The Lifewrights existed in an era before the current formalized structure of Oaths. Their Ideals focused, however, on inspiring others, appreciating wonder, and making the world a better and more wondrous place.

Very cool idea! I like how you went in depth with lore here, making it like an Order that could've been but never was. Nice way of skipping out on the Ideals too ;)

I like your use as one of the Unmade as the equivalent of a Godspren. The overall description makes it feel like an ancient scroll that was discovered in the depths of Urithiru, or maybe in the Gem Archive? Overall, very immersive AND a great surge combo! I'd like to see a more in depth version with the Ideals included, but those aren't necessary, and are needlessly complex for these, to be honest. Good job!