The size of Tai-na gemhearts

Frustration

So, I have often through about the size of gemhearts the Tai-na(Reshi isle greatshells) have, and finally decided to calculate it.

Chasmfiends are roughly 50 feet tall, and have gemhearts the size of a child's head, or roughly 14 inches in diameter.

Note that all of these numbers are generalizations, but they should be within the realm of reason, they are chosen to make calculations easier.

Tai-na have fifty feet between the top of their head and their eye, which based on the chasmfiend picture would be about 1/200th of its total size. Which is horribly inaccurate, but it's the best I can do, totalling 10,000 feet.

Comparing the height, because I'm assuming that the other dimensions are proportional, which is still horribly inaccurate, but I can't think of any better way, we get a circumference of 233 1/3 feet.

Edited by Frustration

9 hours ago, Frustration said:

totalling 10,000 feet.

Are you estimating this to be the (rough) Diameter of their "shell" on which the Reshi live? At roughly 50 ft for from "see to eye", that seems far too large to be a hieght above the water (and does not match the descriptions in the Rysn interlude).

On a separate note, I would not be surprised to learn that the Tai Na have multiple smaller gemhearts rather than one massive one.

Fun. It could fit description from Coppermind: 

Rysn believes that the Tai-na known as Relu-na is as large as a town.[3] A single Tai-na eye is described as a "the size of a house" and it is situated more than fifty feet from the top of its head.[1] They have huge mouths with massive mandibles; they enjoy fruit as a snack, although their primary sustenance is not known.[1] Their legs are over sixty feet long, able to reach the bottom of the Reshi Sea as they walk along. The main body of the Tai-na is hundreds of feet tall, and hiking to the top of the shell from sea level is a long, arduous trek.

But if they are 10000 feet long (3 km), then having only 60 feet (18 m) long legs isn't a bit too little? 

And there is the question if the largest of Reshi Isle, drawn on map, like Kadrix are also a Tai-na? Shallan in WoK ch 36 mentioned that on Kadrix live people who ride greatshells. Does this mean all Kadrix inhabitants ride Tai-na as the island is one? Or that some people living there periodically go to ride one close to Kadrix as a "job" (taking care of young and small Tai-na for example)? Kadrix is 364 mi / 587 km long, and 219 mi / 352 km wide on eastern side (interactive map). That's quite a lot for a living being.

Edited by alder24

3 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Are you estimating this to be the (rough) Diameter of their "shell" on which the Reshi live? At roughly 50 ft for from "see to eye", that seems far too large to be a hieght above the water (and does not match the descriptions in the Rysn interlude).

On a separate note, I would not be surprised to learn that the Tai Na have multiple smaller gemhearts rather than one massive one.

Height from their foot to the top of their shell.