Site Design

Shivertongue

Might be impractical to do. We will see in the new version.

The way it checks if certain things are unread is strange and I don't like to break things I don't understand.

(This is a good reason as to why I try to avoid giving new subforums.)

I can believe that.  I've noticed that older threads just one day decide to up and mark themselves as completely read even if I've never touched them. 

I haven't had that happen, but what I have had happen is a thread with a couple new posts in it that I need to read marks itself as read while I'm catching up on another thread in the same forum. This usually happens in the SE subforum when I'm on mobile. There will be new posts in in 2-4 threads, and I'll click on one to read those new posts and when I go back to the subforum page, all threads have been marked as read, even though I know I haven't read them all. It's so weird. And slightly annoying.

Anyone else get it where a thread is marked unread, even though you know you read it? I get that a lot, especially lately.

Did they have polls in it? An annoying about polls is that if someone adds their vote, it marks the thread as unread (as far as I can tell). The other thing is if you have a post in a spoiler subforum, it sometimes gives the latest unread post in the main forum instead, I think.

I haven't had that happen, but what I have had happen is a thread with a couple new posts in it that I need to read marks itself as read while I'm catching up on another thread in the same forum. This usually happens in the SE subforum when I'm on mobile. There will be new posts in in 2-4 threads, and I'll click on one to read those new posts and when I go back to the subforum page, all threads have been marked as read, even though I know I haven't read them all. It's so weird. And slightly annoying.

Huh.  And here I thought what I was experiencing was just normal forum shenanigans.  I think I've gotten too many "functions as designed" responses from the tech folks at work...

No polls. Just phantom unreads.

It'll also do that if the thread is moved, but that's rare.  Weird.

Hey, at least you're a beta reader. We all have to wait even longer than you do.

Brandon has said in the past that he's going to do with Nightblood what he did with Warbreaker, and post it up as he writes it, chapter by chapter. So if that stays true, I'll be getting it the same time you do.

Rubix is a beta? That explains why he doesn't often post on theory threads: too much risk of spoilers.

I don't post much anywhere these days. This is a factor, however.

Hey, at least you're a beta reader. We all have to wait even longer than you do.

It actually makes it worse. We can't talk to anyone except a small pool of people, have to wait even longer to get the resolution, and can't even hint at what we know. (Though, one on the plus side: It's fun to watch people react, since we know it's coming.)

I remember the 5 days I had to wait to talk about Shadows of Self.... they were horrible XD 

I am curious, how much more do you know than we do? Dont go into details or anything, I want to read the books on my own, I am just curious how many books ahead you are.