Anniversary Game 9/Anonymous Game 13: Rebuilding Tyrian Falls

Elandera

3 minutes ago, Magenta Albatross said:

[OOC: Ah. This is why I don’t like group PMs and trust groups. Always leads to a massive cremstorm when things come out in the thread eventually.

As someone completely uninvolved with all of that mess, I think I slightly believe Rhino more. But only just barely. If Swan is who I think they are, then this feels perfectly in character for them. Which means that I think this whole situation on Swan’s part is like…98% NAI. There’s obviously a little bit of AI stuff we might be able to glean, but the actual act of lying to everyone and obfuscating things isn’t suspicious coming from them. In my opinion.

I am also perfectly willing to believe that both Rhino and Swan are village and this is just a clusterstorm. We’ll see how things shake out in the next couple hours.]

I don't disagree with this at all. Half of the reason I was suspicious of Coral Swan being a WGG was because they were in the supposed trust group. Swan should know better glares. Regardless of whether they flip elim or not, we're going to be going into day six with enough information that at this point I've more or less given up doing specific post analysis. I don't imagine this game will go too much longer tbh. 

Day Six: Plum Out of Luck

The factory was abandoned and quiet by the time Linaan and Sidor got there, arriving by different routes. Linaan looked the same as she had earlier in the day, while Sidor was dressed for combat, her shield and axe ready. Though she knew Sidor wanted nothing more than to put her weapons down forever, she looked far better with them than any Inquisitor. Linaan’s Blessing-enhanced feline senses detected no other people in the vicinity. “Nobody’s here,” she said after several seconds sniffing the air, ears held high. Ruin though, was never far away.

“See how she seeks to protect herself from me while leaving herself wide open to you. Make her pay for her presumptions. Strike her down.” 

“Acknowledged,” Sidor replied to her. “Still, there were reports of Spiked using this factory as a base. We’re sure to find clues regarding their financial activities.”

Inside, the factory floor had been stripped of machinery and furniture, the indentations where they’d been starkly evident on the dirty floor. 

“How was this all moved so quickly and stealthily?” Sidor questioned. “We’ve had this factory under surveillance since last night. We would have noticed anyone moving anything above ground.”

Further investigation revealed scraps of paper nailed to the walls, the ink on them constantly forming and reforming new words in a rapid cycle. They weren’t written in Ruin’s usual style though. “me horn will find a way. the path, the path, the path. i will follow i will follow R̴̢̝̞͇̰̣̰͕̝̖̒́̒̾̀̒̒͝ͅͅU̴̥̭̻͔͔̤̪̓͌͛̑̿́̈̀̏̕̕İ̸̢̢̡̦̙̫͈͈̙̗͉̯͕̓̒̉͑̿̋̀͠N̸̢̯̺̫̘̈́͗͆͐͝ͅ no no no me horn follows meerkat.”

“I recognize that handwriting,” Sidor said. “One of the anonymous messengers writes like that, but the words are all wrong.”

“The words are closer to Rhino, but under duress,” Linaan mused, tail flicking anxiously. “I don’t like this. The floor sounds wrong when we walk on it.”

“Trapped,” Sidor asked, as she held her shield out in front of her. 

“Not trapped, more... hollow,” Linaan responded.

The words on the walls suddenly stopped cycling, as every paper displayed the same message. “f̶̧̟̹̮̝͉̝͇̤̭͎͙͖̭̏ȋ̷̗̉̃͋͐̈́̔̎̌̏̈͛͆̕ņ̴͙͙͙͎͙̠͈͔̪̞̒͌̐̋͝d̵̨̢̝̲̖̙̻̪̥̙͍̠̂̈́͛̉̈͆͘͠ ̶̡̖̱͖̬͓̱͈͚͈͆̐͆̏̽̾̈́́̊͝ͅͅm̴̡̢̰̰̲͉̠͔͙̓̒̽̽͒̈͆̃̈́̌͛̅e̴̛̞͌̊̎͆̾̒̅͠͠ f̶̧̟̹̮̝͉̝͇̤̭͎͙͖̭̏ȋ̷̗̉̃͋͐̈́̔̎̌̏̈͛͆̕ņ̴͙͙͙͎͙̠͈͔̪̞̒͌̐̋͝d̵̨̢̝̲̖̙̻̪̥̙͍̠̂̈́͛̉̈͆͘͠ ̶̡̖̱͖̬͓̱͈͚͈͆̐͆̏̽̾̈́́̊͝ͅͅm̴̡̢̰̰̲͉̠͔͙̓̒̽̽͒̈͆̃̈́̌͛̅e̴̛̞͌̊̎͆̾̒̅͠͠ f̶̧̟̹̮̝͉̝͇̤̭͎͙͖̭̏ȋ̷̗̉̃͋͐̈́̔̎̌̏̈͛͆̕ņ̴͙͙͙͎͙̠͈͔̪̞̒͌̐̋͝d̵̨̢̝̲̖̙̻̪̥̙͍̠̂̈́͛̉̈͆͘͠ ̶̡̖̱͖̬͓̱͈͚͈͆̐͆̏̽̾̈́́̊͝ͅͅm̴̡̢̰̰̲͉̠͔͙̓̒̽̽͒̈͆̃̈́̌͛̅e̴̛̞͌̊̎͆̾̒̅͠͠ f̶̧̟̹̮̝͉̝͇̤̭͎͙͖̭̏ȋ̷̗̉̃͋͐̈́̔̎̌̏̈͛͆̕ņ̴͙͙͙͎͙̠͈͔̪̞̒͌̐̋͝d̵̨̢̝̲̖̙̻̪̥̙͍̠̂̈́͛̉̈͆͘͠ ̶̡̖̱͖̬͓̱͈͚͈͆̐͆̏̽̾̈́́̊͝ͅͅm̴̡̢̰̰̲͉̠͔͙̓̒̽̽͒̈͆̃̈́̌͛̅e̴̛̞͌̊̎͆̾̒̅͠͠ f̶̧̟̹̮̝͉̝͇̤̭͎͙͖̭̏ȋ̷̗̉̃͋͐̈́̔̎̌̏̈͛͆̕ņ̴͙͙͙͎͙̠͈͔̪̞̒͌̐̋͝d̵̨̢̝̲̖̙̻̪̥̙͍̠̂̈́͛̉̈͆͘͠ ̶̡̖̱͖̬͓̱͈͚͈͆̐͆̏̽̾̈́́̊͝ͅͅm̴̡̢̰̰̲͉̠͔͙̓̒̽̽͒̈͆̃̈́̌͛̅e̴̛̞͌̊̎͆̾̒̅͠͠ f̶̧̟̹̮̝͉̝͇̤̭͎͙͖̭̏ȋ̷̗̉̃͋͐̈́̔̎̌̏̈͛͆̕ņ̴͙͙͙͎͙̠͈͔̪̞̒͌̐̋͝d̵̨̢̝̲̖̙̻̪̥̙͍̠̂̈́͛̉̈͆͘͠ ̶̡̖̱͖̬͓̱͈͚͈͆̐͆̏̽̾̈́́̊͝ͅͅm̴̡̢̰̰̲͉̠͔͙̓̒̽̽͒̈͆̃̈́̌͛̅e̴̛̞͌̊̎͆̾̒̅͠͠ 

The floor panel under their feet ripped open, sending both of them falling into the dark. “Perhaps imprisonment will improve your temperament.”

Linaan was an expert at redistributing muscle and fat, and quickly reconfigured her body to cushion Sidor’s fall. Recovering, the two saw rhino chained to a desk at the end of a hallway, a cloaked figure watching over them. “Worthless, worthless, worthless,” the figure muttered. “If you will not serve our lord,” “you must be eliminated.” 

Linaan and Sidor rushed down the skidmarked hallway, but were too late to prevent the Spiked from dragging a glass knife across rhino’s throat. By the time they arrived at rhino’s side, both the Spiked and the Tineye were gone. 

~~~

A scream pierced the night, calling Oleinda’s attention. She and Afandor were on their nightly patrol. A patrol which weighed heavily on Oleinda’s heart.

Night after night and they had accomplished nothing. Staying alert each evening was more difficult than the last.

But that scream dissipated all of her exhaustion quicker than the warm sun burned away the mists.

Afandor changed their direction mid-air, and Oleinda’s stomach lurched. Wind tore at her hair and clothing. The cold clawed at her exposed cheeks. None of it daunted her. Not when someone could be dying and they could do something. Anything.

They landed with a thump just as Oleinda began hearing the groans. There were no other footsteps, no other coins. No other signs of life. Except the moans coming from down a narrow street. The sound bounced strangely off the wood slat buildings.

Afandor ran forward, boots heavy on the stone. “Are you alright?”

“Wot?”

“Are you hurt?”

“Guy sleepy. Try naps. Then guy shoots Guy. Make Guy rich.” A clink of coins followed.

“But are you hurt?” Afandor asked again. “How are you alive?”

“Guy no kno. Guy was sleeps. Now goes back to sleeps.”

Afandor returned to Oleinda’s side and led her down the street, away from Guy. “He’s strange, but he’s fine. I think.”

Oleinda sighed, leaning into him. “What are we even doing?”

“What do you mean?”

“Night after night we come out here. We search and try to save lives. And we’re always late. Nothing we do helps.” She yawned and dropped her head, practically resting her chin on her chest as the exhaustion hit with force.

“Look at how many people have survived, though.”

“Did we save any of them?” She sighed again. “We’re trying, but I can’t help but think we’re missing something big. There’s something else going on here.”

“More than just Spiked and vigilantes?”

“Yes. And I intend to find out what.

Opal Lion was attacked by a Coinshot, but survived!
Plum Rhinoceros was killed by the Spiked! They were a Village Tineye!

Day Six has begun! This turn will end Friday, January 13, at 6:00 PM PST / Saturday January 14 at 2 a.m. GMT / 1 p.m. AEDT

PMs are Open

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Amethyst Scorpion - Scop

2. @Azure Mouse

3. @Charcoal Hyena - Aylia

4. @Chartreuse Penguin - Donn Keihote (Insane)

5. @Coral Swan - Onidsen (Scholar, Caroler; has animal companion)

6. @Cream Tuatara - Willam (Terris Steward) Vanilla Villager

7. @Emerald Falcon - Luciel (sheriff)

8. @Fuchsia Ostrich - Koros (Secret Agent)

9. @Indigo Weasel

10. @Ivory Dragonfly - (Manic Ghostblood)

11. @Magenta Albatross -VarLeel

12. @Mauve Crocodile - (Obli-gator) Spiked Tineye

13. @Melon Dingo - Reverse (Glassblower, not psychologist) Village Smoker

14. @Mint Heron- Reneau (Former Obligator in denial) Village Smoker

15. @Onyx Flamingo - Agolac (Forgetful) Spiked Lurcher

16. @Opal Lion - Guy (Internet Speak)

17. @Sunburst Toucan - Avil Ejir

18. @Pearl Chameleon - WitLees (Kandra barkeep)

19. @Plum Rhinoceros Village Tineye

20. @Saffron Iguana - Taltin Keriell (Undercover nobleman spy) Village Rioter

21. @Sage Kangaroo - (High Imperial) Village Lurcher

22. @Salmon Meerkat - Aurelien (Awake) Village Mistborn

23. @Sapphire Elephant - Ciril Yuanivori (Sleeptalking oversleeper)

Tineye Messages:

For the Falls! For the Fifth Cohort of the Iron Hawks! For the Cult of the Salmon Meerkat!

The silver swan, who living had no note,
when death approached, unlocked her silent throat.
Leaning her breast against the reedy shore,
thus sang her first and last, and sang no more:
"Farewell, all joys! O Death, come close mine eyes!
More geese than swans now live, more fools than wise."

It's mildly hilarious that everyone's talking more in PMs than in the thread

Edit:

10 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The silver swan, who living had no note,
when death approached, unlocked her silent throat.
Leaning her breast against the reedy shore,
thus sang her first and last, and sang no more:
"Farewell, all joys! O Death, come close mine eyes!
More geese than swans now live, more fools than wise."

sus

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin

I've realized I'd maybe rather avoid clogging the thread with yet another consecutive boring unanimous vote against an uncommonly tenacious spiked player. And the spiked can't possibly prevent a coinshot on Lion tomorrow night, due to how lurching works. So maybe I'll unvote Opal Lion and push Amethyst Scorpion instead.

49 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Oh yeah that too

Opal Lion

Alright, you. You've been avoiding my posts all this time. All the way back on day 2 you read me as village. I am truly baffled by that, and it feels off. Would you please, please explain your thought process? Why the heck was I village read on day 2, when I'd done nothing helpful at all? You've also been avoiding my attempts to extract this info from you, although maybe that could be chalked up to IRL stuff. 

Lion

Let's see where this leads. Prefer not to bog thread down with only votes, however. Hyena, you were adamant to defend Flamingo, who flipped elim. Too obvious to be elim? Perhaps. Or a newcomer to this town could claim naive trust to hide ulterior motives, hm?

The stones have been neglected. Another has gone

OK, while I know you all would like some closure on this, you won't be getting it this turn. I am a Mistborn, but I suspect the spiked were behind my protection last night. I certainly didn't do it, I rolled Smoker last turn, and turned it off in hopes of a scan hitting me.  Unfortunately, it didn't. But apparently I'm some sort of twisted chromium ferring since I rolled thug again this turn. Honestly, if I had rolled lurcher on one of these last turns, I probably would have left myself unprotected just to be done with it. 

I guess you can try to call my bluff and exe me anyways, in fact, that might be the best thing to do, but I can't be the only one who's tired of this kill the survivor chulldung. With any luck I'll roll something provable next turn, and I can finally be done with this.

*a small orphan boy rolls out from under a table, smelling intensely of alcohol*

oh thank god rhino and shwan finally stopped arguing with each other. I had to drink like 14 shots of joosh to block out their fighting! Glad they’re getting along now, I assume they finally put ashide their differencesh and come together in friendship —- oh, no, actually it wash because rhino wash brutally murdered.

Well, at leasht it’sh quieter.

i would like to hear people’sh reasonsh for voting for lion. I don’t think shurvivimg is reashon alone to vote to kill lion honestly. The coinshot obviously shishpectsh him, but the coinshot is a human being (shorry, animal) and is not infallible. Flamingo ended up being evil, but there were reasons to shushpect him beyond just shurviving. There are multiple roles which interrupt night kills for various reasonsh. Intereshted to hear lion’sh eclshplanashun. Also, sheems like a bully move to jump on him while he’s down, plenty already on that *hic* wagon.

In the meantime there are many people (shorry, beashtsh) who are not lion who I would like to hear more from. Shartroosh Penguin, I will chooshe for now, however you shlice it his votesh have sheemed a little opportunishtic. Would like to hear shome more … reasoning … from that *hiccups ferociously for 17 minutes* party. Or any.

(Also, in another life I was famously racist against birds.)

(Alsho alsho, praise the ja, I do believe this here alcohol hash cured my shtutter giving me the confidenshe to shpeak my mind! Yes definitely that and not it being really hard to type stutters all the time.)

2 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

apparently I'm some sort of twisted chromium ferring since I rolled thug again this turn.

Well, that simplifies matters a bit, doesn't it?

Either you're a spiked and lying, or a very very improbable thing happened.

2 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

I can't be the only one who's tired of this kill the survivor chulldung

I agree. Sorta. It's a bit of a drag, if only because there isn't much to talk about without retreading old ground. I can understand why you'd be getting tired of it.

But, my sympathy is limited :P Particularly if you're spiked, obviously :P

For one, I don't have any extra lives :P If you want to be all "woe is me, my lot is unfair" when you've cheated death twice and are claiming to have been gifted with the power to do it a third time.... bruh :P

And secondly, you aren't in the situation you're in right now just because people blindly kill survivors. Look, if somebody wanted to kill you once, it makes complete sense that they'd want to do it again if nothing changed. That shouldn't be surprising. The only way something changes between then and now, is if you change it. An extra life isn't a second chance, it's a delaying tool. The reason you're in this situation, is because somebody decided they wanted to kill you in the first place, not particularly because you survived the initial two attempts. And the reason I can only assume that the village voted for you and then the coinshot targeted you, is because you're pretty suspicious. :P In ways that have nothing to do with surviving a kill. I've pointed out ways that you're suspicious in the thread more than once now, and I'm definitely not the only one, heck I'm a latecomer to all of this and other people have definitely done a better job of it than me. And you haven't addressed these reasons.

So yeah no hard feelings hopefully but by Trell I want blood :P

2 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

*a small orphan boy rolls out from under a table, smelling intensely of alcohol*

oh thank god rhino and shwan finally stopped arguing with each other. I had to drink like 14 shots of joosh to block out their fighting! Glad they’re getting along now, I assume they finally put ashide their differencesh and come together in friendship —- oh, no, actually it wash because rhino wash brutally murdered.

Well, at leasht it’sh quieter.

i would like to hear people’sh reasonsh for voting for lion. I don’t think shurvivimg is reashon alone to vote to kill lion honestly. The coinshot obviously shishpectsh him, but the coinshot is a human being (shorry, animal) and is not infallible. Flamingo ended up being evil, but there were reasons to shushpect him beyond just shurviving. There are multiple roles which interrupt night kills for various reasonsh. Intereshted to hear lion’sh eclshplanashun. Also, sheems like a bully move to jump on him while he’s down, plenty already on that *hic* wagon.

In the meantime there are many people (shorry, beashtsh) who are not lion who I would like to hear more from. Shartroosh Penguin, I will chooshe for now, however you shlice it his votesh have sheemed a little opportunishtic. Would like to hear shome more … reasoning … from that *hiccups ferociously for 17 minutes* party. Or any.

(Also, in another life I was famously racist against birds.)

(Alsho alsho, praise the ja, I do believe this here alcohol hash cured my shtutter giving me the confidenshe to shpeak my mind! Yes definitely that and not it being really hard to type stutters all the time.)

While I appreciate any attempt to diversify the vote as a matter of principle, this isn't necessarily the best look for somebody I think might be E/E with Lion, you know? :P Where exactly was all this introspection and logic when Flamingo was up on the chopping block?

...it's the alchohol, isn't it.

Don't you know that drinking at your tender age is probably illegal or something >:|

6 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

OK, while I know you all would like some closure on this, you won't be getting it this turn. I am a Mistborn, but I suspect the spiked were behind my protection last night. I certainly didn't do it, I rolled Smoker last turn, and turned it off in hopes of a scan hitting me.  Unfortunately, it didn't. But apparently I'm some sort of twisted chromium ferring since I rolled thug again this turn. Honestly, if I had rolled lurcher on one of these last turns, I probably would have left myself unprotected just to be done with it. 

I guess you can try to call my bluff and exe me anyways, in fact, that might be the best thing to do, but I can't be the only one who's tired of this kill the survivor chulldung. With any luck I'll roll something provable next turn, and I can finally be done with this.

This is very sad. However, we can Exe you and let the Coinshot clean you up tonight. To me, this seems like a much better strategy than waiting a cycle for the Lurcher to reset, and taking the word of someone under heavy suspicion who has just been saved by a Spiked Lurcher. 

However, if you are interested in an alternative course of action, what were your metals C1/2/4, and what were you doing with them? There’s been no evidence of them existing, which makes me suspect that you are simply a Thug who has already lost a life trying to drag out your survival. 

10 hours ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Alright, you. You've been avoiding my posts all this time. All the way back on day 2 you read me as village. I am truly baffled by that, and it feels off. Would you please, please explain your thought process? Why the heck was I village read on day 2, when I'd done nothing helpful at all? You've also been avoiding my attempts to extract this info from you, although maybe that could be chalked up to IRL stuff. 

About two days ago I looked at the post-it I was marking reads on in C2 and it says I read you more elimmy than village

I may have mistyped or somethin but idek

Sorry about that...

It might've been just the tone of your posts? Idek