Quick Fix 64: Spies in Starsight

Szeth_Pancakes

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Fifth has noted his vote on me

Isn't Fifth voting on Matt still?

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You yourself V!read Fifth. I fail to see where that goes beyond an attitude clear and would point out that the fact you believe that is good for Fifth and bad for me seems to only be explainable by double standards. If you believe my attempts to make sense of Dannex and to voice my various thoughts of players is Evil, you can explain why.

I'll note that I described them as vibes rather than solely reads because there's little to go on right now. Fifth got a Goodish because their posts feel par for course to me. Only reason why you're not on goodish is because I want to avoid reading you strong village out of habit, and I felt a little weird about the focus on Merlin at the time. 

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

The IC does but in a different way - the dynamic I'm interested here is more in how the uninformed majority protects an informed minority against another informed minority. In other words, I'm not looking at this from the Winzik POV. I'm looking at this from the Village POV. But I also think this is a moot point so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've not had the chance to actually process this yet, so I hadn't adjusted anything on the reads/vibes.

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

We're a bit late for pressure. 15 minutes left. Wizard CFD anyone? :P Or at least consolidate on Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnex so D1 isn't a total waste.

I'll say this: the early state of the Danex train made me feel uneasy, and I still think (!) that I could see a V!Danex world especially based off his E!playhistory, but at the same time, I'm just utterly at a loss as to why V!Danex is looking at this and not getting in here. He's been lurking in the thread at least on two occasions I can see now.

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Nerdy is voting me because he's sheeping Fifth, and Fifth has noted his vote on me is based on raw paranoia.

Fifth is still voting me, so unsure where this came from. Nerdy never said they were sheeping Fifth, either. I’d be surprised if that specifically were the case.

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Again - I'll be honest, I don't care. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I can keep on paranoiding on you if you like, for the next few months, and see how you like it. You could have talked me into caring in LG91, but right now I'm at the place where I'd much rather keep flipping Village and keep getting MLed so people learn :)

You can say what you want and echo Hael. My rant in the dead doc stands. It's the double fricking standards that is pissing me off so very much. If you believe I should never play SE again, honestly at this juncture, I'm happy to agree with you, because I don't care. If you can't give me the exact same grace or suspicion you can another player, then I don't see why I should care to continue with this community.

I guess it’s fine if you don’t care. But, I don’t really think it’s fair to imply that I (and everyone else) have straight paranoia-d you for months and treated you different because I really don’t think I have. I’m sorry if you feel that way though.

Edited by Ookla the Tall
Ninja’d six times

I'll say this: the early state of the Danex train made me feel uneasy, and I still think (!) that I could see a V!Danex world especially based off his E!playhistory, but at the same time, I'm just utterly at a loss as to why V!Danex is looking at this and not getting in here. He's been lurking in the thread at least on two occasions I can see now.

Great minds and all that :P

1 minute ago, Haelbarde said:

Isn't Fifth voting on Matt still?

Sorry - meant Nerdy has noted his vote on me. This was a typo.

Just now, Ookla the Tall said:

Fifth is still voting me, so unsure where this came from. Nerdy never said they were sheeping Fifth, either. I’d be surprised if that specifically were the case.

See above. Nerdy specifically said he was voting me, right after Fifth's post, because people keep mentioning sus of me and not voting me so he went on. What do you think is the case, then? That's fundamentally a sheep of Fifth.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Tall said:

I guess it’s fine if you don’t care. But, I don’t really think it’s fair to imply that I (and everyone else) have straight paranoia-d you for months and treated you different because I really don’t think I have. I’m sorry if you feel that way though.

Do you really want me to start naming names? Because if I go in that territory, we go into grudge territory and I'd really rather not go there, nor even begin to hold grudges in the first place, beyond getting utterly fed-up. I do note that you were at least fairly mild about paranoiding on me in the dead doc, for which I am grateful. Again, my sticking point is: if you treat the same line of reasoning as exculpatory of any other player, kindly extend me the same courtesy. (This is a general statement.)

Okay I seriously laugh every time Hael spells my name ‘Matt’ please don’t stop

Idk if I want to move. Not to Dannex or Kas because I can’t bring myself to save one over the other and Wiz feels like a cop-out.

Edit: I like that Aman point though…..

Edited by Ookla the Tall

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Okay I seriously laugh every time Hael spells my name ‘Matt’ please don’t stop

Idk if I want to move. Not to Dannex or Kas because I can’t bring myself to save one over the other and Wiz feels like a cop-out.

At the very least, voting outside this group means a lot of D1 gets extended into D2. Do we really want these votes to repeat later?

Current state of my willingness:

No: [Fifth, Aman, Mat, Stick, Silver, Almond, Insanity, Hael]

Sure: [Danex, Devo, TUN, Xino, Wiz, JNV, Bookwyrm]

I've missed someone and IDK who and it's driving me crazy.

I say this but still want to die, tbh.

Edit: FFS missed Nerdy, he can go into No.

Edited by Kasimir

But I need my threadPMbro to keep me from going too off the rails :(

Just now, Ookla the Omniscient said:

Coinflip!

Alv approves of this message.

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I kinda feel like e!Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnex is banking on a Kas ML at this point. Hard to see v!Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnex not even taking Kas out of danger imo

What do you think are the odds wincon!v!Danex wants to keep me in there.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

IF Almod is Exotic, then maybe Nerdy?

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

At the very least, voting outside this group means a lot of D1 gets extended into D2. Do we really want these votes to repeat later?

I mean my vote right now isn’t changing the current trains, I just wish the trains were different and would rather not help something I generally disagree with :P As I mentioned in an edit I ninja’d you with, I do like your reading of the Dannex train so idk.

A tie. Hmm. Well I’m not breaking it :P.

Edit: Also not sure what votes you’re referring to being repeated. I think the side trains need to be investigated later.

Edited by Ookla the Tall

Just now, Haelbarde said:

IF Almod is Exotic, then maybe Nerdy?

Yeah I realised and edited it in. Nerdy is a no - a lot of pragmatic "don't wanna D1 them" people in No but some actual reads so I'm fine. Though gauging from the fact Insanity and Almond haven't yet joined us, this may be a rash call. But we can let the filter sort that out I suppose.

Sigh. Ffs.

If Danex is Village or even IC/Winz this is just going to make me want to die more.

Danex I guess, not sure how I feel about Danex's dgaf.

Edited to add: @Ookla the Tall You can feel proud of yourself, I guess. I've decided to play to the team over the amounts of crems I cannot actually find myself giving for them anymore.

Edited by Kasimir