Paalm/Lessie/Bleeder

AquaRegia

Did we learn ANYTHING new about Paalm from The Lost Metal?  I don't feel like any of my questions got answered:

How did she get involved with Autonomy in the first place, and how long ago?  How exactly was a Trellium spike delivered for her use?  To what degree was she controlled by Autonomy?  (That phrase never fails to make me laugh.)  Did she really hate Harmony as much as she seemed to?  What were her intentions, really?  Was she part of The Set, or was that just parallel play?

We didn't but I don't think we needed to. We've already have enough to put the pieces together. Becasuse of Harmony's demands towards her, she ends up getting "killed" to force Wax onto path that Harmony wants him to be. But she did love Wax. So we can imagine how angry she might get on Harmony, and what was she thinking. She decided that Harmony needs to stop playing with people, that she needs to free them from Harmony. And that's most likely led to meeting with Set and obtaining the spike. I wouldn't say she was controlled by Autonomy, nor she was insane. She just really thought she needs to stop Harmony from using people as a tool so nobody would ever got hurt like Wax was, that people would be better off without Harmony - which aligns with Autonomy intent and plans. And that's why she did what she did, with Set help. At least that's how I understand it. She loved Wax, after death, she asked Harmony to look after him.

Edit:
I do think that Autonomy spike influenced her and made her focused more on achieving independence. But that raise a question. If she had a spike of some other shard, like Endowment, would it make her more giving? Would Lerasium spike made her more preserving?

Edited by alder24

2 hours ago, alder24 said:

I do think that Autonomy spike influenced her and made her focused more on achieving independence. But that raise a question. If she had a spike of some other shard, like Endowment, would it make her more giving? Would Lerasium spike made her more preserving?

It could be that the spike gave Paalm a connection to the shard, and with a connection the shard can get into her head and influence her thoughts that way (like how Kelsier talks to spook in secret history)

36 minutes ago, DiePie said:

It could be that the spike gave Paalm a connection to the shard, and with a connection the shard can get into her head and influence her thoughts that way (like how Kelsier talks to spook in secret history)

Yes, that's an obvious way. But what if Autonomy did not directly interfere at all, and it was all because of fundamental property of Trellium that made her more independent? Can spikes made out of god metal alone change or influence thoughts and actions of person who was spiked by it aligning them with intent of an Shard?

On 12/9/2022 at 10:43 PM, lacrossedeamon said:

Tangential but someone specifically asked about Bloody Tan and Brandon implied we will get more backstory on him later so that might also tie into more backstory for Lessie as well.

If true, that would make me VERY happy!  The lack of closure there definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

10 hours ago, Ookla of axi said:

If true, that would make me VERY happy!  The lack of closure there definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Chaos2651

Seriously, what was going with Bloody Tan? Was he controlled by Autonomy? How did he move with what appeared like atium so Lessie died? It feels like there are a lot of open questions regarding him that we never addressed.

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, there are a whole bunch, aren't there! I'm not gonna answer those right now, but I'm glad you're still asking those questions.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 5 (Dec. 2, 2022)

I'm wondering if this might tie into the supposed serial killer plot of Era 3 and maybe a deeper look at Sliverism as well