Feels Like Fan Fiction?

VirtuousTraveller

Calling back to earlier in the conversation (I didn’t read the entire thing, so if I say something that has already been said, I apologize), VirtuousTraveler said all the Cosmere connections felt heavy handed. I respect your opinion, but in the Words of Brandon he said the he had decided to put them in all the time. He said that he used to feel worried about how some people would react when he put in all those connections, but now he doesn’t worry about that. I personally feel like he did really well. As to how you feel about Wayne, yeah, he is a little bit much sometimes, and some of the jokes are juvenile, but I feel like that might have been intentional. He’s going through a lot, and I think this is part of how that character might deal with it.

W&W to me feels mostly like an expanded WoB for books he hasn't written yet (Era "3"). Since it was inserted into the cosmere outline after the fact it was restricted in what sort of revelations it could deal in and what sort of stakes it could have. I am really curious to how different earlier books would have been if Brandon had indulged in the "gloves off" philosophy while writing them. Like would Lemex's secret Terris nurse have played a bigger role or something?