Tower of Ghenjei: An ICanon subplot

The Aspiring Archivist

22 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Lemme know if he falls asleep and dreams at all, or has any daydreams or something

Haly explored the various dreams. She slipped into worlds of endless curtains, clear blue skies, or thunder. She spent some time watching a delicate glass butterfly dance from raindrop to raindrop, the storm frozen in time. 

Then she came across a new dream, one more anchored in reality. Eyes widening, she stepped from the pencil cabin onto white, slightly springy ground. She knew that if she were to touch it, it would feel like tightly woven fibers of cotton candy. 

A white and silver palace could be seen off on the horizon, and small shapes swooped around in the sky.

A garden, complete with grass and stone paths, twisted off to her left. Wonderingly, she wandered into it, brushing her fingers against the very edges of each plants—large, dark green ones with glossy leaves, teeny tiny autumn-colored bushes, spiraling stalks with light streaks of pink and lilac. 

Skyvale.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Yep, they are, I think. At least Haly is.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly explored the various dreams. She slipped into worlds of endless curtains, clear blue skies, or thunder. She spent some time watching a delicate glass butterfly dance from raindrop to raindrop, the storm frozen in time. 

Then she came across a new dream, one more anchored in reality. Eyes widening, she stepped from the pencil cabin onto white, slightly springy ground. She knew that if she were to touch it, it would feel like tightly woven fibers of cotton candy. 

A white and silver palace could be seen off on the horizon, and small shapes swooped around in the sky.

A garden, complete with grass and stone paths, twisted off to her left. Wonderingly, she wandered into it, brushing her fingers against the very edges of each plants—large, dark green ones with glossy leaves, teeny tiny autumn-colored bushes, spiraling stalks with light streaks of pink and lilac. 

Skyvale.

TAAron sat in a corner, dejected. He still couldn't remember what had happened last time he was imprisoned like this, but he knew it wasn't good.

He wished that he was back in Terra de Lumine, with Nameless, and Wynn... and Haly. For some reason, he felt a looking to see her especially. He could only assume he'd known her best before losing his memory.

Slowly, he began drifting off into sleep.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

TAAron sat in a corner, dejected. He still couldn't remember what had happened last time he was imprisoned like this, but he knew it wasn't good.

He wished that he was back in Terra de Lumine, with Nameless, and Wynn... and Haly. For some reason, he felt a looking to see her especially. He could only assume he'd known her best before losing his memory.

Slowly, he began drifting off into sleep.

Cool what’s he dreaming about

Wynn did not like wherever she was. Bright lights burned her eyes, blinding her. Her body would not move no matter how hard she tried, but things around her moved. Creeping twisty things slithered against her skin, and a quiet static noise filled her ears.

Wait. Not static. Voices.

No! Not the People's only child! A feminine voice whispered, loud but soft, grinding it's way into Wynn's mind.

And who would you have us send instead? A man's voice responded in the same unnatural tone. The pair have failed, and no other remains. Her impure blood will allow her passage.

I have already lost a child to this venture. Can we not let the living be, set the last of our kind out of this miserable realm? It is my right as mother, and I choose to send my little one somewhere else, somewhere that can nurture her little life. No child deserves to be raised by the spirits of her family.

It is not your choice, the man's voice rasped gravely. For the good of we who wish to live again, we will send her.

NEVER, the woman's voice became loud, piercing Wynn to the bones. She whimpered, but was unable to move, unable to block that awful sound.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Wynn did not like wherever she was. Bright lights burned her eyes, blinding her. Her body would not move no matter how hard she tried, but things around her moved. Creeping twisty things slithered against her skin, and a quiet static noise filled her ears.

Wait. Not static. Voices.

No! Not the People's only child! A feminine voice whispered, loud but soft, grinding it's way into Wynn's mind.

And who would you have us send instead? A man's voice responded in the same unnatural tone. The pair have failed, and no other remains. Her impure blood will allow her passage.

I have already lost a child to this venture. Can we not let the living be, set the last of our kind out of this miserable realm? It is my right as mother, and I choose to send my little one somewhere else, somewhere that can nurture her little life. No child deserves to be raised by the spirits of her family.

It is not your choice, the man's voice rasped gravely. For the good of we who wish to live again, we will send her.

NEVER, the woman's voice became loud, piercing Wynn to the bones. She whimpered, but was unable to move, unable to block that awful sound.

The gardens were a place of centerment, one that she’d dreamt of for long enough that every detail was vivid and crisp.

She could feel a new dream, barely born, just outside. Harsh, gentle, quiet voices were all she could hear from the current dream. 

Casting a last wistful glance at the gardens, she slipped into the new dream. 

[insert description; I’m not qualified to]

”Hello?” Haly whispered.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

He is dreaming of his home world, specifically sitting on one of two tree stumps in the middle of an open field. Around the field is a quaint town, and in the distance a large city. On the horizon, a rift is forming in the sky 

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

The gardens were a place of centerment, one that she’d dreamt of for long enough that every detail was vivid and crisp.

She could feel a new dream, barely born, just outside. Harsh, gentle, quiet voices were all she could hear from the current dream. 

Casting a last wistful glance at the gardens, she slipped into the new dream. 

[insert description; I’m not qualified to]

”Hello?” Haly whispered.

The dream is not lucid enough to have a physical description. Think of it as a smear of sharp, painful colors, sounds, and lights. Wynn is curled up on the ground.

A single whisper parted the rest, smooth and clear.

Haly? Wynn couldn't move... but... was that Haly she heard?

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

A single whisper parted the rest, smooth and clear.

Haly? Wynn couldn't move... but... was that Haly she heard?

Haly walked around, pushing at noncorporeal boundaries and obstacles. 

“Wynn?” Haly dropped down next to her. “Are you… okay?”

"Death and suffering is the boon of those who choose to live. If you have chosen this path, I am not hear to stop it." A figure spoke, standing unnaturally still in the haze from somewhere near Haly.

I know not from whence I came, nor how long I will persist in this realm. Where doest though go, blighted traveler of dreams? I can see the weariness of endless paths long traveled etched in your posture."

The figure stayed in it's still state, watching with eyes that seemed to pierce the confusion around it, though still veiled by a mask of darkness and shadow it remained hidden.

Spoiler

Sorry if I'm breaking unspoken rules of role play. I'm trying to figure out how this all works, so please be patient with me as I attempt to learn. I hate writing things like this because I feel like I'm messing up the formatting. How does everyone do that so naturally? Man, I'm kind of dumb.

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly walked around, pushing at noncorporeal boundaries and obstacles. 

“Wynn?” Haly dropped down next to her. “Are you… okay?”

"Haly?" Suddenly Wynn could move. "Where are we? What happened?"

The bright tendrils of light faded to a smooth, comfortable darkness.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"Haly?" Suddenly Wynn could move. "Where are we? What happened?"

The bright tendrils of light faded to a smooth, comfortable darkness.

“I don’t know. I think I found your dream?” Haly looked around nervously. “ I heard voices.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknowing said:

"Death and suffering is the boon of those who choose to live. If you have chosen this path, I am not hear to stop it." A figure spoke, standing unnaturally still in the haze from somewhere near Haly.

I know not from whence I came, nor how long I will persist in this realm. Where doest though go, blighted traveler of dreams? I can see the weariness of endless paths long traveled etched in your posture."

The figure stayed in it's still state, watching with eyes that seemed to pierce the confusion around it, though still veiled by a mask of darkness and shadow it remained hidden.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry if I'm breaking unspoken rules of role play. I'm trying to figure out how this all works, so please be patient with me as I attempt to learn. I hate writing things like this because I feel like I'm messing up the formatting. How does everyone do that so naturally? Man, I'm kind of dumb.

This is Wynn’s dream; maybe you have the ability to travel through dreams or something.

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Also perfect I’ll come in soon prolly

1 minute ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I don’t know. I think I found your dream?” Haly looked around nervously. “ I heard voices.”

"There's always voices." Wynn replied. "Sometimes we're just good at not listening."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Unknowing said:

Reveal hidden contents

A whisper caught Wynn's ear.

"Darkness? Who's there?"

Just now, Ookla the Obstinate said:

"There's always voices." Wynn replied. "Sometimes we're just good at not listening."

A whisper caught Wynn's ear.

"Darkness? Who's there?"

“That’s poetic.”

Stiffening, Haly looked around. “I hear it too.”

In the back of her mind, she could sense another dream. Nothing loud, or brilliantly shining, or anything like that. So why was she noticing? Was there something special about it?

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Obstinate said:

Aww bye Ranryu

“I’ll be right back,” Haly told Wynn. “There’s something… somewhere.” 

She slipped into TAAron’s dream.

@Ookla the Inverted

Ok time for me to sign off too XD

See y’all tomorrow evening (hopefully)

Edited by Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff

31 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I’ll be right back,” Haly told Wynn. “There’s something… somewhere.” 

She slipped into TAAron’s dream.

@Ookla the Inverted

Haly appeared in the middle of a large open field. On the edges of the field, a quaint town was visible, and further in that direction large city buildings cropped up. On the horizon in the other directions, a strange rift was visible in the sky. Lights flashed where the rift touched the ground. A fierce wind blew around them, seeing to come from all directions. Gray clouds above made the whole landscape look slightly dull in the odd way that it only does during the onset of a storm.

TAAron was there, sitting on a tree stump, head bowed. Only a few feet away, another stump sat empty.

"Haly?" TAAron looked up. Tears were streaming from his eyes, blowing sideways into the air. "You should leave. Something bad is happening, I know it somehow. I don't want you to get hurt. I can't..." His voice cut off, sounding choked.

On the edge of the field, a young boy who Haly didn't recognize stood. He looked about five years younger than TAAron. He was hard to make out, but she could see that he had pale skin and messy brown hair that blew in the wind. On his wrist was a glowing, solid crystal bracelet, the very same that TAAron had gifted to Emma and Calano. In the dream, TAAron had an identical bracelet.

"TAAron? Is that you?" The young boy's voice could barely be made out in the screaming wind.

Nameless woke up to nothing. An ominous void surrounded him, an infinite expanse of emptiness. Except... at the corners of his vision, he could swear he saw movement. Nothing moving in nothing, an impossibility. He shuddered. How far did I drift before regaining consciousness? Must be pretty far, if things are this unreal. He glanced around, hoping to see some sign of the others, although he had no idea what they'd look like.

For the void thing, I think that its true form is that it is beyond mortal comprehension, so everyone who enters it sees and interacts in a different way as their mind tries to interpret the information it receives in a way that won't cause it to break. Some people, particularly those with dimension-hopping abilities, would be better at comprehending it. For people like Nameless whose brains don't work well at comprehending it, they're pretty much on a timer before their mind can't filter everything out anymore and they go insane. Feel free to give more input on this, I don't want to dictate the plot or anything.

22 hours ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Haly appeared in the middle of a large open field. On the edges of the field, a quaint town was visible, and further in that direction large city buildings cropped up. On the horizon in the other directions, a strange rift was visible in the sky. Lights flashed where the rift touched the ground. A fierce wind blew around them, seeing to come from all directions. Gray clouds above made the whole landscape look slightly dull in the odd way that it only does during the onset of a storm.

TAAron was there, sitting on a tree stump, head bowed. Only a few feet away, another stump sat empty.

"Haly?" TAAron looked up. Tears were streaming from his eyes, blowing sideways into the air. "You should leave. Something bad is happening, I know it somehow. I don't want you to get hurt. I can't..." His voice cut off, sounding choked.

On the edge of the field, a young boy who Haly didn't recognize stood. He looked about five years younger than TAAron. He was hard to make out, but she could see that he had pale skin and messy brown hair that blew in the wind. On his wrist was a glowing, solid crystal bracelet, the very same that TAAron had gifted to Emma and Calano. In the dream, TAAron had an identical bracelet.

"TAAron? Is that you?" The young boy's voice could barely be made out in the screaming wind.

“If something bad is happening,” she said, taking in the surroundings, “I’m not leaving you here alone.” She walked closer. I’ll bet the kid is important. Maybe Tristan, even.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“If something bad is happening,” she said, taking in the surroundings, “I’m not leaving you here alone.” She walked closer. I’ll bet the kid is important. Maybe Tristan, even.

"TAAron, I'm sorry! I... I..." The boy fell to his knees, sobbing.

"Please go. I'm not worth it." Lightning struck the ground only a few yards behind TAAron. He didn't flinch.

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"TAAron, I'm sorry! I... I..." The boy fell to his knees, sobbing.

"Please go. I'm not worth it." Lightning struck the ground only a few yards behind TAAron. He didn't flinch.

She shrugged. “Well, it’s just a dream. Mentally dangerous? Absolutely. Physically? Nope. Even if it were, I can walk through walls. And I refuse to leave.”

12 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

She shrugged. “Well, it’s just a dream. Mentally dangerous? Absolutely. Physically? Nope. Even if it were, I can walk through walls. And I refuse to leave.”

"A dream? Oh." He looked pensative. "So you aren't real? Good. I still wish Haly didn't bother to try and help me. She doesn't deserve all the trouble."

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

"A dream? Oh." He looked pensative. "So you aren't real? Good. I still wish Haly didn't bother to try and help me. She doesn't deserve all the trouble."

Haly siiiiiiiiiiighed. “I’m real. This isn’t. And it’s no trouble; that’s the goal anyway.”

2 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

Haly siiiiiiiiiiighed. “I’m real. This isn’t. And it’s no trouble; that’s the goal anyway.”

"I... I'm confused. How could you be real? If you're real, good do you know I'm real? And WHY DO YOU INSIST ON ENDANGERING YOURSELF FOR ME?" The last words came out in a painted, raw yell.