Hemelurgy stuff

Immortal Platypus

Question

7 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

I'm relatively sure that you would have to spike the spike, but I don't know for certain.

I feel like the only problem with that is that you might have to break that spike with your spike which could be hard because the spikes are made of the same material

I dont think so.  The Spiritweb chunk in the Spike stays there in the Physical Realm rather than the Spiritual Realm where the Spike can target. So you divide and redistribute the physical spike but you cant steal the charge from one spike into another. 

Now, Per WOB you can steal fake Spiritweb created with hemalurgy, so that's possible.

I dont really know, but you might be able to steal something a Power grants via a different metal.  For example, you might be able to Spiking In Steel Allomancy with a Steel Spike, but then while they are actively Burning the metal you might be able to spike out SteelSight using a Tin spike, because you'd be stealing Senses that were temporarily augmented, rather than trying to re-take or subdivide the spiritweb chunk housed within the initial spike.  

On 10/26/2022 at 4:14 PM, Quantus said:

I dont think so.  The Spiritweb chunk in the Spike stays there in the Physical Realm rather than the Spiritual Realm where the Spike can target. So you divide and redistribute the physical spike but you cant steal the charge from one spike into another. 

Now, Per WOB you can steal fake Spiritweb created with hemalurgy, so that's possible. 

I'm with Quantus. You can't spike out a power from someone if that power is granted by the spike, because the power isn't actually in their Spiritweb, it's in the spike.

You could just remove their spike and give it to yourself though.

On 10/26/2022 at 4:14 PM, Quantus said:

I dont really know, but you might be able to steal something a Power grants via a different metal.  For example, you might be able to Spiking In Steel Allomancy with a Steel Spike, but then while they are actively Burning the metal you might be able to spike out SteelSight using a Tin spike, because you'd be stealing Senses that were temporarily augmented, rather than trying to re-take or subdivide the spiritweb chunk housed within the initial spike.  

Ooooo. I like it! Taking a Steelsight with Hemalurgic tin isn't something I had ever considered before, but it seems like it might be doable. 

I wonder, since Allomantic Bronzesense can be stored with Feruchemical tin, could Bronzesense be stolen via Hemalurgic tin as well? Maybe then you could have a permanent Bronzesense.