Channelknight Fadran

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Fair enough, although the princess is also cheating very hard. There's a reason she's doing this in this cavern. :ph34r: Resisting will get easier the more each of them practices. Would it work to have her commands work best for about an hour until Miyako starts to resist them?

That would sound good. 

"So Mariel, where you from?" Miyako said in between the jumping jacks. Just a hint of an edge to the otherwise innocent question. There were other ways of resisting after all.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch raised her eyebrow. "I never said it was bad pressures. And lets not forget, your friend somehow stabbed me with a tree. I'm don't feel particularly inclined to work with you."

"Well, I think we would rather stay here. Unless you give us a good reason, we will probably do so."

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

"So Mariel, where you from?" Miyako said in between the jumping jacks. Just a hint of an edge to the otherwise innocent question. There were other ways of resisting after all.

Mariel hesitated for a moment before responding. "I'm from here. The nameless island. Where I lived before doesn't matter."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin glanced at Quest, unsure whether to pursue it further.

Quest glanced back. He turned to the witch. "Could I please just heal you? You're bleeding quite profusely...."

The witch glanced between the two. "Your desaturated friend just tried to attack me. You guys aren't giving me a lot of reasons to trust you."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Mariel hesitated for a moment before responding. "I'm from here. The nameless island. Where I lived before doesn't matter."

"I find the places you want to forget are the ones that usually matter most." Miyako pointed out in between jumping jacks.

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Quest glanced back. He turned to the witch. "Could I please just heal you? You're bleeding quite profusely...."

The witch glanced between the two. "Your desaturated friend just tried to attack me. You guys aren't giving me a lot of reasons to trust you."

"I find the places you want to forget are the ones that usually matter most." Miyako pointed out in between jumping jacks.

Antin shook his head. "Not attack you. I can't really attack anyone, at least not very well."

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Mariel's eyes flashed with... something. In the red light of the cave, it was hard to see.

"Do a lap around the cave," she commanded, gesturing with her scepter.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin shook his head. "Not attack you. I can't really attack anyone, at least not very well."

"Yes, it was very obvious that you dashing towards me in attempt to be my friend." The witch said drily.

Quest bit his lip and laid down his satchel and staff. "Can I please walk over and heal you?"

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

"Yes, it was very obvious that you dashing towards me in attempt to be my friend." The witch said drily.

Quest bit his lip and laid down his satchel and staff. "Can I please walk over and heal you?"

"I would tell you what I was doing, but I want to keep it to myself for now. Just let him heal you."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I would tell you what I was doing, but I want to keep it to myself for now. Just let him heal you."

The witch snorted. "That is not suspicious. Look I'm not looking for pity, just go away and give me my house." The witch began to walk towards the two, tome of spells raised before her.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Mariel's eyes flashed with... something. In the red light of the cave, it was hard to see.

"Do a lap around the cave," she commanded, gesturing with her scepter.

"Princess, this is a nice warmup but I can do this all day."

13 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch snorted. "That is not suspicious. Look I'm not looking for pity, just go away and give me my house." The witch began to walk towards the two, tome of spells raised before her.

"Princess, this is a nice warmup but I can do this all day."

It's a pretty big cave. You get out of earshot fairly quickly.

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What are you doing now?"

"Attacking you." 

Quest glanced nervously at Antin. "We should probably move out of the way right?"

9 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Ok, what are the dimensions of this cave. Is it circular or more like a 400 track that curves on the edges. Or maybe a triangle, who knows.

3 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Ok, what are the dimensions of this cave. Is it circular or more like a 400 track that curves on the edges. Or maybe a triangle, who knows.

Circular. Suspiciously so, as if it's not an entirely natural cave. Size-wise, a comparison to a 400 track seems apt. Probably about 100-150 feet in diameter.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Circular. Suspiciously so, as if it's not an entirely natural cave. Size-wise, a comparison to a 400 track seems apt. Probably about 100-150 feet in diameter.

Hmmm, interesting. In that case I revoke Miyako's line because calling out to the center would be impractical and I forgot she is still weak.

"Viney," Miyako quietly huffed out in between breathes. "I don't know if I'm going to throw up or collapse first, but whatever happens it won't be pretty." 

On 1/6/2023 at 5:17 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

She nodded in asknowledgement and closed her eyes, her breathing shallower.

Eej's grip on Vance's boot slackened and, weakly, he crawled to Kealie and went limp again.

A boy, somewhat young with shaggy, dark hair stepped out of the trees and watched the demon fly away, a satisfied grin on his face. He turned to the golem. "Thanks, buddy. Later." 

The golem rumbled in dislike and returned to the trees.

"All I feel is how empty my pockets are."

Whist went quite for a bit, thinking. She glanced out across the country side, the sun had fully risen by now, and even more travelers populated the road.

"But what if you filled your pockets with stuff you earned instead? Trust me it feels very satisfying to see hard, honest work pay off. Plus, no one would get hurt, or feel loss for it."  Whist had to raise her voice a bit, to be heard over the sound of hooves and wagons on the road.

@Tani @Shallan Stormblessed @NerdyAarakocra @InfiniteInsanity 

On 1/8/2023 at 0:58 PM, Mr. Misting said:

"Viney," Miyako quietly huffed out in between breathes. "I don't know if I'm going to throw up or collapse first, but whatever happens it won't be pretty." 

Hyron smirked. Many years of running through the forest and leaping across trees had given her the endurance and skill needed to run at decently fast speeds.

"I'm not carrying you again," She whispered, "But we can try to stop."

With some exertion from herself, Hyron slowed down, before coming to a stop, breathing hard.

"That's... harder than it looks," She muttered.

16 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron smirked. Many years of running through the forest and leaping across trees had given her the endurance and skill needed to run at decently fast speeds.

"I'm not carrying you again," She whispered, "But we can try to stop."

With some exertion from herself, Hyron slowed down, before coming to a stop, breathing hard.

"That's... harder than it looks," She muttered.

"That was one time." Miyako grumbled.

With much effort she was able to slow to a walk. Miyako barely refrained from throwing up. Tides, her use of her Shadow the other day and taken a lot out of her.