Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Hm. Weird." Miyako bumped her shoulder into them. "Thanks for saving me I guess." She mumbled. 

Hyron grinned. "Well, wouldn't want to lose you after just 2 kisses, now, would I? Besides, even if you did die I'd find a way to bring you back. We've got stuff to talk about."

Just now, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron grinned. "Well, wouldn't want to lose you after just 2 kisses, now, would I? Besides, even if you did die I'd find a way to bring you back. We've got stuff to talk about."

Miyako blushed furiously. She had made so many horrible choices while in the grip of emotions.

"So, um, Acolyte. How are you doing?" Miyako said, smoothly derailing the conversation. 

@xinoehp512

Miyako blushed furiously. She had made so many horrible choices while in the grip of emotions.

"So, um, Acolyte. How are you doing?" Miyako said, smoothly derailing the conversation. 

@xinoehp512

"Oh! Um, good, I guess." Despite his words, Yerik seemed somewhat downcast.

The guard led Hyron, Yerik, and Miyako down the staircase. They reached the level which they had entered from the previous day, the level where the throne room was- and continued descending.

6 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Oh! Um, good, I guess." Despite his words, Yerik seemed somewhat downcast.

The guard led Hyron, Yerik, and Miyako down the staircase. They reached the level which they had entered from the previous day, the level where the throne room was- and continued descending.

Miyako nodded. Acolyte was good, she was to wrapped up in her own troubles to notice much else.

She began to drift away from Hyron. Wait, would they think she didn't want to walk with them? She should probably walk with them. Miyako began to drift closer but paused. How would they take her walking with them? But didn't she want to walk with them? Right?!? Miyako folded her arms and stayed in the direct center of Acolyte and Hyron. Wait, why her hands sweaty? 

TIDES. Miyako could not wait until she figured out how to stab her emotions.

:) This is quite fun.

Edited by Mr. Misting

The walls of the stairwell transitioned from white stone into gray as the trio descended beneath the earth. At the bottom of the stairs, the floor sloped downwards, the walls getting rougher and rougher the farther it went on. The only light was a dim red given off by the metal strips overhead.

Edited by xinoehp512

41 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The walls of the stairwell transitioned from white stone into gray as the trio descended beneath the earth. At the bottom of the stairs, the floor sloped downwards, the walls getting rougher and rougher the farther it went on. The only light was a dim red given off by the metal strips overhead.

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron looked up and wondered what those red strips are. She'd never seen anything like them.

And how far deep were they going, anyways?

Miyako absently noted the red strips. She'd seen weirder.

Miyako absently noted the red strips. She'd seen weirder.

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron looked up and wondered what those red strips are. She'd never seen anything like them.

And how far deep were they going, anyways?

At last the tunnel opened up into a massive cave. A mesh of metal lined the ceiling far above, bathing the entire cavern in pale red light. In the center of the room was a crystal hovering in midair. It gave off its own red light, and dripped with a liquid that looked ominously like blood. Between the trio and the crystal stood the princess, her back turned to the entrance. She turned as Miyako, Hyron, and Yerik entered.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

At last the tunnel opened up into a massive cave. A mesh of metal lined the ceiling far above, bathing the entire cavern in pale red light. In the center of the room was a crystal hovering in midair. It gave off its own red light, and dripped with a liquid that looked ominously like blood. Between the trio and the crystal stood the princess, her back turned to the entrance. She turned as Miyako, Hyron, and Yerik entered.

Miyako held back an yawn with a raised a hand to her mouth. "Mornin' princess."

Edited by Mr. Misting

7 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Hyron raised an eyebrow at the crystal, but said nothing. She smirked at Miyako's comment, then elbowed her. Miyako's cockiness was... endearing, but sometimes it wasn't needed.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

1 minute ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron raised an eyebrow at the crystal, but said nothing. She smirked at Miyako's comment, then elbowed her. Miyako's cockiness was... endearing, but sometimes it wasn't needed.

"Good morning to you..." Mariel waved a hand, evidently trying to come up with something. "Intruders. I suppose introductions are in order?"

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Good morning to you..." Mariel waved a hand, evidently trying to come up with something. "Intruders. I suppose introductions are in order?"

"Viney," Hyron said, gesturing to herself, then gestured to Miyako and Yerik, "Stuck Up, Acolyte. And you?"

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

3 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

"Viney," Hyron said, gesturing to herself, then gestured to Miyako and Yerik, "Stuck Up, Acolyte. And you?"

"Princess Mariel?" Miyako elbowed Hyron subtly.

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

"Princess Mariel?" Miyako elbowed Hyron subtly.

"Indeed," she replied. "I am Mariel. Princess of the Nameless Isle." She leaned on her scepter thoughtfully. "Viney. Stuck Up. Acolyte." She raised her scepter and pointed at each one of them in turn. "Come here."

The words rang with the force of command, and the three felt their bodies move towards her involuntarily.

Sorry for the slight godmod. It's resistible, I promise, I just figured it would be better if it at least worked at the beginning.

7 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Shouldn't it not work at all? Because those aren't our actual names?

What makes a name actual? By allowing oneself to be called by a moniker, it gives it some nomenclative power, if very, very weak. Only enough to open the thinnest of channels, nothing more.

Edited by xinoehp512

Hyron cursed and fell to her knees.

She sat there, breathing heavily. "Don't..." She said, "Don't ever do that again."

Mariel's eyes glittered, and she smiled slightly. "Hmm. I don't think so, Viney. Stand up."

The command crashed into Hyron's mind, an irresistible impulse to follow the princess's command.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Mariel's eyes glittered, and she smiled slightly. "Hmm. I don't think so, Viney. Stand up."

The command crashed into Hyron's mind, an irresistible impulse to follow the princess's command.

Hyron tried to resist, but only managed to stand up slower than was probably expected.

She glared daggers at the princess, but restrained from smacking that infuriating smirk off her face with a vine.