11th and 12th is college here 

And after that you have degree college where you go to the same college that you went for for 11th and 12 or you go to a seperate one, your choice

Edited by Elf

16 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

How does that work over there? I'm curious as the only system I know is the public system in the U.S..

Well basically 

Every school has 13 grades- the first three are pre-primary, primary, and junior kg. After that a student moves on to the first grades and then you have grades from 1 to 10. So basically school has students from ages 4 to 16. My school also has two additional grades -11th and 12th but I'm choosing not to go there. 

So once you reach tenth you have this big, BIG exam called the boards. The exams throughout the 10th year, those don't count. Those marks don't count towards your grade. Only the board exam marks do. Once you give your boards, the percentage you get determined which junior college you will go to. 

So then after the results, you fill out an online form stating five colleges you want to go to from most preferred to least prefered and based on your marks you're given admission into one of those colleges. The higher your percentage, the higher the chances of you going to a good college. If you get something like 80 percent then forget your dreams of getting into a very good college. You must get 90% above. (for the college i want, you need above 95%) 

And basically the same thing repeats when you get to 12th, when you have to give your 12th boards. 

Did i explain that well? I have no idea if this is just an incoherent mess.

50 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Is that like Undergrad and Graduate school in the US?

I do not know what undergraduate and graduate is

1 hour ago, Elf said:

I do not know what undergraduate and graduate is

It's college for us in America. Basically you go to elementary, middle and high school (grades Kindergarten-12), and your senior year of high school your apply to colleges. When you get into a school, your first degree (associate or bachelor) is called your undergraduate degree, then your second degree is a masters from a graduate school (which can be the same school as undergrad, just different degree), and you can go onto to get post-grad and professional/doctorate degrees after that.

• 1 month later...