I need help with sheet music!

I'm auditioning for my college's marching band, but I'm awful at reading rhythms. Can someone either recommend a free software that will read the rhythm for me or volunteer to tell me what it is? I audition in two weeks and I still can't figure it out, so if you have any suggestions please let me know!

This may be a little complicated, but it's the only way I know how to do it.

Look up a free sheet music making website. I've used Noteflight before, and I think it worked well, but there are lots out there. It makes you sign up, but it's free. Put the rhythm into it and then have it play it back to you. It will take some time, but it should work.

On 7/28/2022 at 4:42 PM, Ghanderflaffle said:

I'm auditioning for my college's marching band, but I'm awful at reading rhythms. Can someone either recommend a free software that will read the rhythm for me or volunteer to tell me what it is? I audition in two weeks and I still can't figure it out, so if you have any suggestions please let me know!

I agree with @ash's_eyes, Noteflight is a great sight, and though it would take a while to write in the rhythms, it should help. But my other suggestion is to get a metronome app and slow it down and figure out exactly where each note lines up with the beat. It would take a long time as well, but it's a worthwhile activity and it'll help you become a better musician in general. 

I also wouldn't mind plunking it out on the piano for you if you're really pressed for time.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:36 PM, ash's_eyes said:

This may be a little complicated, but it's the only way I know how to do it.

Look up a free sheet music making website. I've used Noteflight before, and I think it worked well, but there are lots out there. It makes you sign up, but it's free. Put the rhythm into it and then have it play it back to you. It will take some time, but it should work.

On 8/5/2022 at 0:47 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

I agree with @ash's_eyes, Noteflight is a great sight, and though it would take a while to write in the rhythms, it should help. But my other suggestion is to get a metronome app and slow it down and figure out exactly where each note lines up with the beat. It would take a long time as well, but it's a worthwhile activity and it'll help you become a better musician in general. 

I also wouldn't mind plunking it out on the piano for you if you're really pressed for time.

Thank you both! My section leader sent out a clarinet-only recording thankfully, but I'll keep it in mind for later!