Rogue One

Okay, very controversial opinion. I love Rogue One. 

In fact, I think it's the best Star Wars. It's just so good! The characters are so good, and I don't care what you say, the ending is beautiful. Usually I'm not a huge fan of that sort of thing, but...

Also. K-2SO. The BEST DROID! Actually just the best ever. SO superior to C-3PO.

I know, this is an older movie and it's kinda random. But I don't care, because I just watched it and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
Spelling

Rouge One is incredible. I love Star Wars as a franchise, and the way it sets up A New Hope is amazing. It basically took a sentence or two from the opening crawl of that film and made a whole movie about it. And that movie is perfect.

The characters are great, the story is great, and it just overall expands and adds to the rest of the franchise. So many things that are only mentioned briefly in A New Hope suddenly become relevant and meaningful.

I don't see why it's controversial. Rouge one is an incredible film.

*Rogue

I know! Well, to the Star Wars fans, it is probably controversial that it's the best. I think it is, hands down. Because the characters are so amazing, and the ending is beautiful, and I just love it! Also, why is C-3PO in EVERY STORMING MOVIE, and K-2SO is only in one? He's a much better, less annoying robot in my opinion.

Also, Alan Tudyk should definitely play M-Bot.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

Also... one thing I liked... they DIDN'T KISS at the end! No random out of nowhere romantic relationships. Just a hug, that's it. Other movies could learn something from that... *sideye at Rise of Skywalker*

57 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Also... one thing I liked... they DIDN'T KISS at the end! No random out of nowhere romantic relationships. Just a hug, that's it. Other movies could learn something from that... *sideye at Rise of Skywalker*

yes! people can be friends without having romance! that is something that more film studios need to realize.

1 hour ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Ah, yes, thank you for acknowledging that....

I mean, it might have worked if they had somehow survived and gotten to continue working together, or if they had somehow met earlier and had spent months or years wokring together. But based on the characters and how much time was given, that scene was handled perfectly.

On 7/27/2022 at 4:25 PM, Shallan Stormblessed said:

They are JUST friends. Indeed, it is possible for a man and a woman to not be in love. Shocker, I know.

Upvoted. It happens too often where if there just so happens to be two protagonists of opposite sex, they fall in love 97% of the time in fantasy books. It gets really annoying, especially when the main character (usually a girl) thinks about how she’s so ugly and how she has a crush on someone and even though he hugs and has interesting moments with her, there’s just no way he could like her back. It makes me want to pull my hair out. It’s so cliche and happens in so many books. Why is it so impossible for a main character to be single? 

To be fair, I might not be the best to talk about on this topic, because my solution is make two main characters fall in love, have one of them betray then other (they were evil the whole time), and to have the other fall into deep depression as the other laughs evilly at them and insults their sensibilities. 

I think I’ve taken this conversation a bit off topic. Sorry :P