Nicrosil Kandra Skeleton

Trusk'our

Question

If a Kandra managed to get a large enough skeleton made of nicrosil and then used compounding to fill it enough to create a perpendicularity, what side effects would there be for the Kandra constantly toting around a perpendicularity?

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

I don't think that's how perpendicularities work.

seconded.  also, not sure that's how nicrosil ferruchemy works. and finally, I suspect you'd need a continent's worth of any metal to store enough into them to approach the investiture levels of a shard.  I just don't think a skeleton is anywhere close to the scale you'd need to make this work if it is even possible in the first place.

32 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

seconded.  also, not sure that's how nicrosil ferruchemy works. and finally, I suspect you'd need a continent's worth of any metal to store enough into them to approach the investiture levels of a shard.  I just don't think a skeleton is anywhere close to the scale you'd need to make this work if it is even possible in the first place.

Carried.  If a pile of pure godmetal isnt dense enough to collapse into a perpendicularity, I dont think normal metals would do it even if they are filled to capacity.  

But for the sake of argument, if you could create some fabrial/dakhor/metalmind, etc set of bones that used perpendicularity mechanics to blur the realmic lines as Elsecalling can, I think they'd be locked in some weird middle-state similar to when Shallan slipped partially into Shadesmar.  Or if it grants more practical control, it might let them shift back and forth between realms in a flicker, like the old school Blink spell or any ghost and/or intangible superhero/villain you can name.   But the limits of that would likely come down to how you made it and thus how you'd need to power it.  

Also, we don't really know how Investiture through a Nircosilmind works. BoM hints that it's the storing of the ability to use a power, not like storing Stormlight in a gemstone. Since all metal minds store Investiture for later use, I think any metal mind, if filled to the implausibly huge amount of Investiture close to that of a Shard, would have the same realmatic effect as a Nicrosilmind.

Yeah given that the Trustwarren didn't create a perpendicularity, if its possible at all to create one with metalminds or godmetals it would take a really colossal quantity.

(IMO it's possible that these forms of Investiture are too "locked in" to doing one specific thing, you might need more 'free' Investiture to make a perpendicularity?)