So,if anybody has any SA fanart ideas...

The part in Rhythm of War where Kaladin is flying over the fused when Navani bonds the Sibling, when the Urithuru is coming back to life (so to say), and warns the fused to leave Urithuru without causing any more chaos. Such an amazing part of the back, the peak and culmination of it.

• Kaladin's Third Ideal--not after he says it but before. Because after, when he's healed, he's powerful and terrifying, but it's beforehand, when he's fatally injured and stands up anyway, is what's awesome about that scene, in my opinion
  • Kaladin vs. the Pursuer--that incredible showdown!
  • Kaladin held by Tien, comforted by him. Instead of Kaladin, grief-ridden, holding Tien's dead body, Tien holds Kaladin, comforts him and tells him it's okay. Finally! We waited for that scene for a looong time.

22 hours ago, WindjoggerTriggerhappy said:

Recently I have started drawing characters from SA since it felt easier and familiar because of the topic.If anybody has ideas for fan art just post them below pls!

Jasnahoid. That's all I can say.

11 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

*joins in on the evil laughter*
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(This goes on for some time.)

7 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Um... I'm not sure what I think of Hoidnah. It's a little weird...

I ship them sometimes. It's odd, but it depends on my mood and what hoid book I'm reading. I honestly think that they could be great for each other, or destroyer each other's sanity 

8 hours ago, Morningtide said:

I ship them sometimes. It's odd, but it depends on my mood and what hoid book I'm reading. I honestly think that they could be great for each other, or destroyer each other's sanity 

There has never been a truer three sentences uttered.

• 2 weeks later...

Or that part in chapter 70 where he barely escaped drowning in the well, and he's so exhausted he blacks out/falls unconcious while dangling from his hand. That sounds kinda weird to want fanart of that, but it would be an interesting picture.

What level of difficulty are you looking for? On the scale of character portraits to Thunderclast smashing through Kholinar, flinging soldiers into the sky?

Here's some ideas:

• Lift with her Shardfork (Edgedancer chapter 20)
  • Considering what is coming next...
    • Spoiler
      • Dalinar and Taravangian discussing philosophy next to a fire at the bottom of the artwork with the two as Odium and Bondsmith at the top
  • Kaladin parting the Highstorm with windspren to protect that random village (Oathbringer chapter 31)
  • Adolin fighting off the Tukari bandits with Maya in Shadesmar (RoW Chapter 35)
  • Adolin teaching Maya how to groom Gallant (RoW chapter 22)
  • Shallan at the end of Hoid's version of "The Girl who Looked Up" (Oathbringer chapter 82)
  • Taln coherent and reunited with Ash (Oathbringer chapter 119)
  • Szeth and Nightblood hitting Ishar's Honorblade (RoW chapter 111)

If none of these strike your fancy, a good way of looking for material would be to go through the Coppermind and see if you can fill in any of the articles that are low on artwork, and it would be really cool if they used your artwork. For example, there isn't much for the different Brands of Fused.

Edited by Duxredux

Or Kaladin going completely off-the-charts TERRIFYING:

His eyes were glowing like a Radiant’s, his face a mask of pain and anguish, but the eyes … she swore the light had a yellowish-red cast to it. Like … like …

Would NOT want to face that. Of course, I wouldn't really want to face Kaladin ever.

Or, alternatively, you could do something not related to Kaladin, but that would be completely insane.

Such as:

Shallan staring into the highstorm on the balcony in WoR

Dalinar leaping a chasm in his Shardplate

You. Cannot. Have. My. SACRIFICE! 

We! CHOSE!

Maybe something with Dalinar, because I feel like he has some epic moments that no one really depicts enough (one quick google search tells me there's plenty of Dalinar portrait art, but not much Dalinar epic art). Also, not enough Mraize sitting and being condescending or enough Gavilar doing some conquering/being a bad person. 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...