Greatowl University [Fantasy RP]

Knight of Iron

So... What do you do when you have a dissonance between how you'd react to something and how your character would? Because... Well...

My high school had the whole "we are family" stuff. In hindsight it kind of worked, mainly because my high school had about 24 students in my class. And there was only one class for each age - at least in my time. I'm not sure that I'd buy such a thing a second time... Though for all I know, Ben might. I'm not sure I understand him that well. Gal was easier to play, really.

Sorry for all that, just wanted to pour it somewhere.

Gal clapped at the end of the speech. He was... A bit surprised by Jared's and that Dwarfish boy who was their neighbor's reaction. 

"I think she tries her best." He said. "I'm sure we'll all find the classes interesting in general."

Sorry for not quoting people/reacting to everyone, it's another page and it's late here. 

I'm not sure that Enshao introduced himself to Ben, but he probably saw him in the corridor, so...

On 7/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, Eluvianii said:

Ilia had to suppress a groan, it seemed every school wanted its own version of this speech. Still, she couldn't help feeling a little excitement rising all over again. This was yet another reminder that she had made it. However... 

"I'm so not looking forward to those activities she mentioned at the end." she told Tessa. Every school year started the same way. What's your name? How do you want to be called? What are your hobbies? Say something nice about the classmate to your left.

Once they were settled though, it would be worth it. 

"Yeah... me neither," Tessa agreed. "I'm more excited to start classes tomorrow. I've been planning on mind harvesting for years now... oh!" She turned to the person in the glasses that she'd been talking with earlier. "They'll be in mind harvesting, too! Uh..." she looked at him. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name?"

@DramaQueen

17 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

"Why do you all dislike her so much? She seemed very cheerful."

18 hours ago, Flaming Coinshot said:

"Eh, I don't dislike her." Tak grimaced. "She was just a little...generous with her words, I got to say."

17 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I don't dislike her." Enshao blinked. "I just disliked her speech."

Shaun smirked. "Told ya! The Chancellor words around like that all the time, you get used to it. She just really likes words. Which is totally fine, it's just not my thing. I like waffles. The Chancellor likes wording. Everyone's got their own little thing!" He spread his arms at the group. "And, yeah, we're gonna have to do some friendship activity stuff, but for our group, we do that after the tour."

Anmil's smirk widened. "Yeah, I bet that if they had given her a few more minutes, she would have either tried to incite us to attack the rival universities or talked about the power of rainbows. Not sure which one."

I will be gone for the next three weeks. During this time, consider Anmil to be in the background, rolling their eyes and smirking.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:58 PM, Knight of Iron said:

"Yeah... me neither," Tessa agreed. "I'm more excited to start classes tomorrow. I've been planning on mind harvesting for years now... oh!" She turned to the person in the glasses that she'd been talking with earlier. "They'll be in mind harvesting, too! Uh..." she looked at him. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name?"

@DramaQueen

"Uh." Tuncay was taken aback. "Tuncay. And...yeah, I'm in mind harvesting."

On 7/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, Flaming Coinshot said:

Tak sighed. "Thank the Spirits. We put off the 'togetherness activities' for as long as possible and we're all good here."

On 7/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, NerdyAarakocra said:

Anmil's smirk widened. "Yeah, I bet that if they had given her a few more minutes, she would have either tried to incite us to attack the rival universities or talked about the power of rainbows. Not sure which one."

Shaun shrugged. "Aw, they're not too bad. Not with me, at least."

12 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

"Uh." Tuncay was taken aback. "Tuncay. And...yeah, I'm in mind harvesting."

"Sweet! This is Illia, my roommate. She'll be in enchanting."

@Eluvianii

"Oh, nice. That was my second choice, but I didn't think it would be enough of a challenge." He flushed bright red, realizing what he was saying. "Sorry! I mean...mind harvesting seemed more like my kind of thing, but I'm sure enchanting will be great for you." He looked down, falling into an awkward silence.

Edited by DramaQueen

16 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

"Oh, nice. That was my second choice, but I didn't think it would be enough of a challenge." He flushed bright red, realizing what he was saying. "Sorry! I mean...mind harvesting seemed more like my kind of thing, but I'm sure enchanting will be great for you." He looked down, falling into an awkward silence.

Tessa just nodded.

16 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Enshao sighed. "Alright, miss. Where exactly do we do here?"

"Well, ma'am," Shaun said, "If all of y'all would follow me, we can get started on the tour real quick!"

He put his hands into his pockets and began walking off the field, the rest of Group D following him.

Ilia was a bit startled as her roommate introduced her. 

"Uh, don't worry about it. I just thought it looked the most fun and, um... Oh I'm Ilia by the way, nice to meet you. Oh wait, I guess Tessa already told you that. Well, nice to meet you again!" 

As she said that Ilia heard the group leader say something and everyone else started moving. She followed suit, hoping the exchange hadn't been too awkward. 

2 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Ilia was a bit startled as her roommate introduced her. 

"Uh, don't worry about it. I just thought it looked the most fun and, um... Oh I'm Ilia by the way, nice to meet you. Oh wait, I guess Tessa already told you that. Well, nice to meet you again!" 

As she said that Ilia heard the group leader say something and everyone else started moving. She followed suit, hoping the exchange hadn't been too awkward. 

"Nice to meet you too." Tuncay mumbled, following the group.

Shaun led the group through the field and circled back around to the entrance area of the castle where people had checked in. He led them through around the check-in guy's table at the front, through the entrance tunnel, and into a grand courtyard area behind it. It was fairly large, with gardens and plant life flourishing around it, and solid gray stone benches scattered around. In the center of the courtyard was a large fountain with the statue of a giant stone owl, watching the entrance. All around the courtyard there were tunnels that led further into the castle.

"First off, we have Crawnly Keep! This is the main courtyard, a lot of people just kinda hang out here and study, or talk, or whatever. It's pretty chill. Crawnly's where all the classes are at, too." He took the group around the water fountain and to the main tunnel/hallway, and gestured in the direction. The head of the owl statue turned its head to face him as he moved around it. "Down there, there are, like, a bunch of classrooms and stuff. I dunno, I could show you the rest of the castle, if you want."

9 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Looking concerned, Enshao raised a hand. "Are we supposed to know where stuff is or not?"

"Heck, I don't even know what half the rooms are," he chuckled. "Like, right over there? I could've sworn there wasn't ever a door there. But apparently there is."

He pointed to a door that was in the wall directly to the side of them. It was made up of thin reeds tightly packed together and was decorated with a snaking vine dotted with pink flowers.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

"That would take some insane levels of enchanting." My father said automated doors are basically his limit, and he's really good..

Shaun gave an approving look. “Exactly!  Far more than anyone who has ever worked here to pull off! Hard to say if it’s even possible to enchant an entire castle like that! It’s possible I just never noticed it for the last two years. Though it does stick out, I feel I would’ve noticed…” he shrugged.

Edited by Knight of Iron