Honorblades and Ashyn

ash's_eyes

we know that ashyn was destroyed because surgebinding went unchecked. now, the ashyn form of surgebinding may have been different, we don't know for sure. but honroblades allow for surgebinding without any type of oaths. this could be insignificant or completely wrong, but is it possible that honorblades were as common as shardblades on ashyn and because there were no oaths to keep the people using them in check, this is what destroyed the planet? again, not much of a theory and i could be totally off, but any thoughts?

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

The honorblades were created by Honor specifically for the Heralds.

and that happaned after the exodus, right? Pretty sure it did. I wonder if Honor had to make some kind of item/totem for the Heralds for the Oathpact or if giving Surgebinding to them in this special form was something he wanted to do, whether for the war or another reason.

On 2/18/2022 at 6:21 AM, Benkinsky said:

and that happaned after the exodus, right? Pretty sure it did. I wonder if Honor had to make some kind of item/totem for the Heralds for the Oathpact or if giving Surgebinding to them in this special form was something he wanted to do, whether for the war or another reason.

Yup, it was after their arrival AND after the war breaking out with the Singers, because they were made in response to the Fused. 

Also in WOB he isnt sure that Shallash was born on Ashyn or after the Migration, and we know she had to exist when the Honorblades and Oathpact were created.