Wish List

Vin(Diesel)

What are your wishes for the remaining Stormlight Archive books? 

Here are some of mine: 

1. For Hoid and Jasnah to either break up or have a child. Their relationship feels weird and wrong. Let it end, or if it must continue, at least give us something as interesting as a Hoidling. 

2. MOroden! Sorry. More Oroden! I love the way Brandon writes family members, neither making them appendages of the main characters nor writing their relationships perfunctorily. Oroden!

3. For that most oath-keeping man, Lirin, interact with Honor in some vital way. If he bonds an honorspren accidentally, ascends to Honor, or reads the honorspren the riot act for not being honorable enough, I'll be pleased. Lots of Lirin, with Lirin actually doing something important with Honor instead of just randomly happening to be honorable to a fault in a world where Honor is god, that is my #1 wish. Cmon. Don't tell me he isn't significantly connected to Honor's intent. 

4. More Cultivation. I assume we will be seeing more of Cultivation. It makes no sense for us not to.

5. A firsthand view of Braize. 

7. Hoid's flute.

8. Rock. 

So what do you want in the next 6 Stormlight books?

A Hoidling would be awesome... but jasnah is pretty clearly ace and that would be making a weird statement, i think. And yeah their relationship is weird.

Also, on rock, in state of the sanderson he said he is going to make a ROCK NOVELLA! i am so storming excited for that

Wishes:

I hope that szeth and nightblood legally adopt lift lmao

Serious wishes:

I hope for more of Jasnah's past, and maybe more of the kid who was in a couple interludes, Aiden. And DEFINITELY more Cultivation. I love what you said about Lirin, none of that occurred to me until you said it, but that would be awesome.

Those are all my wishes. But my biggest wish is that Kaladin doesn't die ;-;

• 2 months later...

On my wish list 

1) kaladin to find a way to stay alive beyond a normal lifespan 

2) more tahl 

3) shard war foraged or at least honor and odium working together

4) possible “arms race” between other planets 

5) I want the back five books to lean more into cosmer stuff 

6) mass production of perfect gemstones 

7) anti light bombs

8) shard guns 

And others but that’s just the top of my head

Stormlight 5 - More on the Shin and how/why they kept the honorblades, as well as more on the current disposition of the Honorblades.

Stormlight Back 5:

• Rall Elorim!
  • More on Ayshen and what happened to cause the exodus
  • Maya!
  • Spren Viewpoint (maybe an interlude - like Syl's) of forming the early bond
  • Truthwatchers (including normal and Renarin Style - for comparison)
On 2/15/2022 at 10:19 PM, Vin(Diesel) said:

3. For that most oath-keeping man, Lirin, interact with Honor in some vital way. If he bonds an honorspren accidentally, ascends to Honor, or reads the honorspren the riot act for not being honorable enough, I'll be pleased. Lots of Lirin, with Lirin actually doing something important with Honor instead of just randomly happening to be honorable to a fault in a world where Honor is god, that is my #1 wish. Cmon. Don't tell me he isn't significantly connected to Honor's intent. 

Wow, this surprises me. Lirin is in my least-favorites cast list, as I find him to be almost as hypocritical as Amaram (nowhere near as morally bankrupt - but sooo hypocritical), which does not feel very "Honor" to me at all.  

3 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Stormlight 5 - More on the Shin and how/why they kept the honorblades, as well as more on the current disposition of the Honorblades.

Stormlight Back 5:

• Rall Elorim!
  • More on Ayshen and what happened to cause the exodus
  • Maya!
  • Spren Viewpoint (maybe an interlude - like Syl's) of forming the early bond
  • Truthwatchers (including normal and Renarin Style - for comparison)

Wow, this surprises me. Lirin is in my least-favorites cast list, as I find him to be almost as hypocritical as Amaram (nowhere near as morally bankrupt - but sooo hypocritical), which does not feel very "Honor" to me at all.  

Gotta look at why people love lirin especially with how, I’m pretty sure, he’s never broken an oath, saved people that he hates, works under any circumstances in order to protect the ones he loves. Sure he’s hard headed and insensitive but it’s not like he knows that kaladin has clinical depression, he just know how to get kaladin to do what he thinks is right. Tho in a horrific way especially for people that hold onto guilt like kaladin 

42 minutes ago, Rg2045 said:

he’s never broken an oath

Pretty sure stealing Laral's inheritance counts against this. . .

I'm not saying he doesn't have some admirable qualities - but for somebody that espouses the supposed theory that everyone is equal he certainly embodies the stereotype "My opinion is more equal. . ."

Honestly, the way he treats Kaladin is the low on the list of reasons I dislike him (but still on the list).

1 hour ago, Treamayne said:

Pretty sure stealing Laral's inheritance counts against this. . .

I'm not saying he doesn't have some admirable qualities - but for somebody that espouses the supposed theory that everyone is equal he certainly embodies the stereotype "My opinion is more equal. . ."

Honestly, the way he treats Kaladin is the low on the list of reasons I dislike him (but still on the list).

But did he break an oath? He never said he wouldn’t steal but that’s splitting hairs and I don’t think this is the place to have this discussion anyways

I mean, I always love me some good lore, so yeah, learning more about Ashyn/Braize, Shinovar and its history, Aimians, Horneaters, etc would be pretty cool.

I would also love to see even more people from other shard worlds on Roshar. We've already seen Azure/Vivenna, Zahel/Vasher, Wit/Hoid, and of course, the Seventeenth Shard. But it would be AWESOME to see people like Wax & Wayne, Khris, Nazh, Kenton, and maybe even other shards, like Harmony (though that's probably unlikely)

More about the Iriali. They are the most interesting ethnic group in Roshar imo, as they don't come from Ashyn 

More about Reshi Islands

More about the Pure Lake the Selay people, they seem to be fairly neutral in the conflict so far 

More Rysn

More Renarin and Rlain ship!

More details about how the Fused organization and powers works. We still not seen the Fused who can use the surges Division and Tension

Voidbinding. It has been a while it was teased and never showed 

Old Magic, we still don't know HTF this works 

Axies the collector to appear again and getting a more important role 

The Mink to become a Dustbringer asap! 

A view of other Nahel Spren cities such as Inkspren and Highspren

Aesudan to become a major villain 

Official illustrations of Kaladin, Jasnah and Shallan shardblades and shardplates

Dalinar to get some squares. I would love to see Bondsmith squares lol 

Edited by IcaroRibeiro