Craftygames Interview Tonight! Post Questions Here!

KChan

I am pleased to announce that tonight, 17th Shard will have the distinct pleasure of interviewing the fantastic folks from Craftygames! These guys have been seriously amazing to work with, and I'm really looking forward to getting to talk with them about the upcoming Mistborn Adventure Game.

That said, we want you guys to have a voice too! If you have any questions you'd like to have answered, post them here. I can't promise we'll get to everyone's, but we'll try to ask what we can. So post away, and keep an eye out for our newest interview - coming soon to a front page near you!

No hurry or anything like that but is there a time that you guys are trying to have the interview posted by? I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to buy the RPG for the Feruchemical Table of Metals and the new content and it would really help me decide if I could hear about it from the people who made it.

This is going to be awesome! I can't wait to hear more about the game and I am totally planning on buying it on the 25th. (Plus, by having this game come out, I don't have to worry about finishing my MB conversion of SWSE, which was stalling badly...)

Since this seems to be the best thread for this question and I don't particularly wish to start a new thread with a fairly trivial question...do we know what the mechanical style of the game is? Is it d6 or d20-based, diceless, or something completely different?

Since this seems to be the best thread for this question and I don't particularly wish to start a new thread with a fairly trivial question...do we know what the mechanical style of the game is? Is it d6 or d20-based, diceless, or something completely different?

Completely different. We talk about it a lot in the interview. It involves a pool of dice (all d6), which depend on your stats.

This sounds awesome. I wish I had some friends nearby that would actually be willing to play a board game with me. I have the Zombies game sitting on the board game shelf. It has not seen the light of day once. I might get this for Christmas (or as an early Christmas present), would anyone be interested in doing a "hangout" on Google+ or something similar to play?

Completely different. We talk about it a lot in the interview. It involves a pool of dice (all d6), which depend on your stats.

Sounds like shadowrun. In shadowrun (4th edition. older editions have MUCH bigger dice pools) you have a stat (let's say, "strength"), and a skill (let's say, a "good ol' punch in the mouth") and you set your strength to say 4, and your skill to say 5. When you roll for punching someone in the mouth, you would then add these two numbers together, for a total of 9, and roll 9 D6's

Sounds like shadowrun. In shadowrun (4th edition. older editions have MUCH bigger dice pools) you have a stat (let's say, "strength"), and a skill (let's say, a "good ol' punch in the mouth") and you set your strength to say 4, and your skill to say 5. When you roll for punching someone in the mouth, you would then add these two numbers together, for a total of 9, and roll 9 D6's

Which, in turn, sounds like the Storyteller system that White Wolf uses, just using the d6 instead of the d10.

No idea which is older, so I can't comment on who was influenced by whom.

That isn't how it works. In this, you have a pool of dice (from two to ten), and you get more dice depending on your stats. Then, the GM assigns a difficulty of 1 to 5. You roll your dice. If you have any that match, like say, two 3's, then 3 is your outcome. If your outcome is bigger than the difficulty, you win. 6's don't count; they are used for something else.

I initially thought it was too weird, but they quelled my concern. There's also probability tables in the back of the book that you can see.

Another option is to put the campaign on the 17th Shard RP forums, so that anyone who comes to these forums can join in. Less redirecting, and all. It also keeps the Mistborn forum RP self-contained.

The initial proposal from Crafty was to do it via MBI, since they're both Mistborn RPs and all. We're still working with them on the specifics though, so rest assured that whatever decision we come to, it will be what we think is the best for all of us. I can tell you, though, that whichever forum has the actual RP, the other will have a redirect to it, so it definitely won't be lacking in visibility.