world hopping bonded to a deadeye possible?

LadyAstronaut

Could a person bonded to a deadeye Blade leave the Rosharan system?

Speculation: Since Radiants, Spren or Fused could not leave Roshar - probably for the same reasons stormlight gemstones get heavy for worldhoppers in Shadesmar. Therefore I imagine that Adolin or another Shardbearer could not bring their deadeyed spren with them thru the cognitive realm. However if Adolin were to leave Maya on Roshar could he even leave the Rosharam system? If so then traveling thru a perpendicularity back into the physical realm on another planet like Scadrial or Nalthis could he summon his blade? 

Would traveling with spaceships thru the physical realm get around the limits Mraize described? Now that Navani has invented airships and the southern scadrians also have airships were one step closer to spaceships. I always thought it'd be weird to build spaceships with the time dilation involved in FTL (will there be FTL in the cosmere?) when worldhopping thru the cognitive realm is relatively quick. 

1 hour ago, LadyAstronaut said:

I'm asking if the bond would prevent someone from leaving without the deadeye

The bond would prevent it the same way a Radiant bond would. It’s essentially the same bond, but messed up due to Mishram’s binding. It’s still an Invested bond, and while it will have some differences from a Radiant bond, it should still keep you on Roshar.

Maybe?

OrangeJedi (paraphrased)

Are there a significant number of Shardblades that have made it off Roshar?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Define significant.

OrangeJedi (paraphrased)

More than 1 / A number of them are that could come up later.

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

There is a connection between spren and Roshar that normally prevents spren, even dead ones, from leaving the planet. Note I said normally; do not imagine a large trade of Shardblades going off world.

Miscellaneous 2018 (Oct. 25, 2018)

• 2 weeks later...