D&D with Null

Negative_Null

6 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"I would let them mind their own business- they are giving us work after all."

Kodwola gives him a shocked look. "But they lied to us, Mr. Usavi. Could you not tell? And they have the rest of this town quite frightened of them. This is exactly what an adventurer is to do, yes?"

15 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

19 in deception

"I... Don't think I know of anything. Tell me, do you happen to know much about the world?"

"I'd certainly think so, although I'll be the first to tell you, my expertise is definitely more with nature and trees than in towns and cities." Eben laughs

5 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I'd certainly think so, although I'll be the first to tell you, my expertise is definitely more with nature and trees than in towns and cities." Eben laughs

"Right, have you dealt much with the north? Maybe heard a few things about a village that... disappeared?"

4 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

"Right, have you dealt much with the north? Maybe heard a few things about a village that... disappeared?"

... I really hope I didn't forget to write something down about this, because I don't remember saying anything about that.

All joviality gone, Eben frowns. "Can't say I have."

10 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Kodwola gives him a shocked look. "But they lied to us, Mr. Usavi. Could you not tell? And they have the rest of this town quite frightened of them. This is exactly what an adventurer is to do, yes?"

"Hmmm. Alright, we'll investigate- however, let's do their job first and collect our payment so we can use it against them."

13 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Hmmm. Alright, we'll investigate- however, let's do their job first and collect our payment so we can use it against them."

"Could their motivation for this mission not also be a falsehood, though? If we act without information we may inadvertently find ourselves to be co-conspirators in a plot to exploit the residents of this region. Obviously I do not know that this would be the case, but I also do not know that it wouldn't be, yes? It is paramount that we understand all facets of the situation before becoming involved ourselves."

7 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

"Could their motivation for this mission not also be a falsehood, though? If we act without information we may inadvertently find ourselves to be co-conspirators in a plot to exploit the residents of this region. Obviously I do not know that this would be the case, but I also do not know that it wouldn't be, yes? It is paramount that we understand all facets of the situation before becoming involved ourselves."

"Perhaps. But would they not get suspicious of us if we do not do their job that we already agreed to do?" 

1 hour ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Perhaps. But would they not get suspicious of us if we do not do their job that we already agreed to do?" 

"Ah, well, I may not be subtle, Mr. Usavi, but I am aware of my own areas of ineptitude, yes? If they have not already seen through my attempt, such as it was, at deception, then they are not nearly the threat that I have assumed."

1 minute ago, Rushu42 said:

"Ah, well, I may not be subtle, Mr. Usavi, but I am aware of my own areas of ineptitude, yes? If they have not already seen through my attempt, such as it was, at deception, then they are not nearly the threat that I have assumed."

"Well, how confident are you on this, then, Wola?"

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Well, how confident are you on this, then, Wola?"

Kodwola sighed, considering. "One can never be positive with these matters. It is possible that Mr. Eben was lying about something benign and unrelated to us. But it is clear that his claims about the owner of this establishment were falsehoods, and the others in this room are hardly regarding the two of them with warm smiles, yes? I believe that the barkeeper will speak to me once the rangers leave - it is at least worth staying to hear what he has to say before accepting the job."

1 minute ago, Rushu42 said:

Kodwola sighed, considering. "One can never be positive with these matters. It is possible that Mr. Eben was lying about something benign and unrelated to us. But it is clear that his claims about the owner of this establishment were falsehoods, and the others in this room are hardly regarding the two of them with warm smiles, yes? I believe that the barkeeper will speak to me once the rangers leave - it is at least worth staying to hear what he has to say before accepting the job."

"Shall we wait, then?"

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Shall we wait, then?"

"It seems that is the most promising course of action." Kodwola sits for a moment, as if unsure of whether to continue the conversation, then reaches into her bag. She emerges with a book in her hands - a thesaurus, of all things - and begins to flip through it with a disappointed air.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:38 PM, Rushu42 said:

"It seems that is the most promising course of action." Kodwola sits for a moment, as if unsure of whether to continue the conversation, then reaches into her bag. She emerges with a book in her hands - a thesaurus, of all things - and begins to flip through it with a disappointed air.

Timeskip?

55 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"You probably didn't notice, but those two rangers don't have yours or my best interests in mind."

"They certainly did not strike me as the trustworthy sort, yes. What exactly do they do around here? I'm not inclined to accept their own explanations."

• 1 month later...

@Negative_Null

I'd like to join.

I've played a lot of GURPS and only a bit of D&D and am currently making my sheet. Are there any prohibited races/classes here? (I know the GM I play GURPS with has some things prohibited (lycanthropy, necromancy, etc,) so I'd like to check on bans before I make my character)