• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

"Dragon meat is the meaning of life!"

"I eat nothing that has been slain, for to do so would be to proffit from death." Xanth said.

But why is that wrong? the rebelious part of him wondered. They don't need it. And what of plants do you not kill them?

Plants don't live he thought back, they don't breath.

But do fish breath?

I do not profit from the death of that which can think, Xanth decided.

Do you know that plants don't think?

I don't know, and neither do you, so I will continue as is until I do know.

Edited by Ookla The Frustrated

Just now, Ookla The Frustrated said:

"I eat nothing that has been slain, for to do so would be to proffit from death." Xanth said.

But why is that wrong? the rebelious part of him wondered. They don't need it. And what of plants do you not kill them?

Plants don't live he thought back, they don't breath.

But do fish breath?

I do not profit from the death of that which can think, Xanth decided.

Do you know that plants don't think?

I don't know, and neither do you, so I will continue as is until I don know.

I'm seriously debating having a telepathic plant pet now.

Cancei passes a pile of shredded meat to that dude whose name he had already forgotten.

It's a wonder I can remember anything long enough to write... what was I doing?

Just now, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

I'm seriously debating having a telepathic plant pet now.

Just to make my moral dillema harder?

Do you know what I would have to do with his character at that point?

He'd have to wear metal!

And then he'd question if that could think!

Please I beg of you don't!

54 minutes ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Uhh, sure. Tualak was having a conversation with SfS, but they seem to have disappeared...it’s fine, this doesn’t have to be perfectly linear. We’ll say that we finished our conversation and then Tualak continued playing. When SfS comes back we can retroactively write that conversation scene. 

@Somebody from Sel

On 12/14/2020 at 8:50 PM, Ookla the Reserved said:

Eventually - ah, disaster - the man stopped playing. Sevyr waited a few moments. Ah, nothing. Perhaps a few notes would get him to begin again? ♫♫♪

Tualak was about to go looking for Gaboranth when he heard...something. 
Is that the same harmony I heard earlier? 

He decided to sit back down and keep playing, but he kept an eye out for what could be making that mysterious sound. 

You can Godmod Tualak a little bit here if you want, because I don’t know what he’s looking for or what he might see, and you do. 

Gaboranth returned, carrying his saddlebags, he was going to return to Tualak, but he noticed something peculiar. 
“Is that... are you dissecting a dragon? In a bar?”

1 hour ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

You can Godmod Tualak a little bit here if you want, because I don’t know what he’s looking for or what he might see, and you do. 

Well, he won't see anything. :P Whispers don't have visible form.

Sevyr sighed softly with pleasure, humming her harmony once more. Ah, wonderful.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

Tualak was about to go looking for Gaboranth when he heard...something. 
Is that the same harmony I heard earlier? 

He decided to sit back down and keep playing, but he kept an eye out for what could be making that mysterious sound. 

Gaboranth returned, carrying his saddlebags, he was going to return to Tualak, but he noticed something peculiar. 
“Is that... are you dissecting a dragon? In a bar?”

"yeah, the meat is delicious and I'm studying the bones, wanna taste?"

19 hours ago, Ookla the Reserved said:

Well, he won't see anything. :P Whispers don't have visible form.

Fair enough. I still don’t know how he would react to it though. 

17 hours ago, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

"yeah, the meat is delicious and I'm studying the bones, wanna taste?"

Gaboranth shrugged. “Sure, why not. Been a while since I’ve had dragon, it’s harder to find this far south.”

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

"Here you go. I need to get a specimen of an adult dragon to study its bones, could you give me directions on where to find a one?"

“Dragons seem to get bigger the further north you go, but I’ve never seen a corpse of one that’s much bigger than the one you already have here. Nobody’s killed an adult dragon in centuries, but I assume you already know that. I’m honestly not sure they even die naturally, they seem to just keep getting bigger and bigger.”

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

“Dragons seem to get bigger the further north you go, but I’ve never seen a corpse of one that’s much bigger than the one you already have here. Nobody’s killed an adult dragon in centuries, but I assume you already know that. I’m honestly not sure they even die naturally, they seem to just keep getting bigger and bigger.”

Lobster dragons?

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Disproportionate said:

Lyceran actually

1 hour ago, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

"Here you go. I need to get a specimen of an adult dragon to study its bones, could you give me directions on where to find a one?"

"Dragon bones are a fushion of metal and wood.." Xanth repiled 

9 minutes ago, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

"That seems unlikely, considering the fact that this juvenile's bones have no metal or wood in them, but what if they have knowledge of artificial bones? Metal and wood would only be useful for flightless draconic cousins, it would be too heavy otherwise"

"Of course they are metal and wood. All living things are primarally composed of wood. And in order to be as strong as they are they must include either stone or metal, and it can't be stone because stone is too heavy, so they must include metal. This debate was resolved by Philosophers centuries ago, Denotricus I believe was the first to put it to reason." Xanth said,  taking a drink from a gourd he kept at his side.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Rhadamanthine said:

"You speak of the classical elements of the Southern Tropic, correct?"

"They were the first to think of it yes, but they held all six as equally elementary, Bortain elemental system breaks them down as, water, earth and fire, as Primary elements, and metal, air, and wood as composite made of the primary elements that act like elements of their own." Xanth began to grow excited perhaps here he could learn something.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
Spoiler

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Let's just say Perr was eating and not joining in on the conversation. She won't be much use until we start the quest. From what I've seen she won't really have any input on what you are currently talking about.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:22 AM, Frustration said:

"They were the first to think of it yes, but they held all six as equally elementary, Bortain elemental system breaks them down as, water, earth and fire, as Primary elements, and metal, air, and wood as composite made of the primary elements that act like elements of their own." Xanth began to grow excited perhaps here he could learn something.

“The scholars of Krynata have discovered that all things are made up of tiny particles called atoms, atoms come in varieties, and the way they are combined as well as what types are combined determine the properties of a substance. Water is made of hydrogen and oxygen, air mostly nitrogen...”

Cancei explains his knowledge of atomic theory.