Discovery implications

meanfar

So there's now both anti-Stormlight and anti-Voidlight and both sides know how to make more of it. How does this influece war in the future? Fused are mortal now and so are spren. It's not so easy to apply though as one needs Raysium and there's not a lot of it. Will spren die if they are in the blade/spear-form and touch dagger with gemstone filled with anti-Stormlight?

I assume that current war will end in 10 days one way or the other, but the next one will have much higher stakes as both sides will produce futher applications of this. 

Also, how did Gavilar get it? Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, meanfar said:

So there's now both anti-Stormlight and anti-Voidlight and both sides know how to make more of it. How does this influece war in the future? Fused are mortal now and so are spren. It's not so easy to apply though as one needs Raysium and there's not a lot of it. Will spren die if they are in the blade/spear-form and touch dagger with gemstone filled with anti-Stormlight?

I assume that current war will end in 10 days one way or the other, but the next one will have much higher stakes as both sides will produce futher applications of this. 

Also, how did Gavilar get it? Thoughts?

To the last part, Gavilar was working in an organization lead by a herald, with multiple scholars and artifabrians, and is a king himself of one of the largest kingdoms.

If someone were to propose the existence of such a thing he absolutely had an incredible amount of resources to get it done.

Anti light is kinda based around anti matter right. If so , we know that a kiogram of matter colliding with a kiogram of antimatter Could create an explosion of 43 Megatons. 

Hiroshima was 14 kilotons I think. The biggest nuke ever tested was by the Soviets in 1961 , the Tsar bomba tracking in at 50 Megatons. 

So if antilight exhibits similar explosive strenght to amount ratios we could bombs that dwarf nukes. 

That might be arc 2 however

It's a good way to prevent war to become too much stale

So far if you kill a Fused or Radiant they can be replaced and doing this the war could last years and decades 

It also replace a new oathpact to stop Fused to comeback, I was getting afraid Sanderson would send some radiants to endure torture on Braize until SA6. Anti voidlight solution is good enough to stop the war, even if it's not enough to stop Odium 

Edited by IcaroRibeiro

Am I the only one wondering about general cosmere implications? is anti light still Investiture? If so, is it still Adonalsium-related?

And it's all very horrifying, though it seems anti light clashing with light isn't all that strong. It will finish he war, but probably won't destroy the planet.

2 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Am I the only one wondering about general cosmere implications? is anti light still Investiture? If so, is it still Adonalsium-related?

And it's all very horrifying, though it seems anti light clashing with light isn't all that strong. It will finish he war, but probably won't destroy the planet.

Exactly what I was thinking! We've seen obsessing over aluminium as a way of stopping/blocking investiture for years cuz the idea of disabling magic is obviously important to us. So this? Anti-versions of investiture that can destroy it when in contact? This is BIG.

Also When you talk sbout "destroying the planet" you're making me think maybe anti-light had to do with Ashyn.

ANYWAYS. Can anti light fuel devices / things keyed to anti light? Who is it Connected to? Is anti-voidlight Connected to odium as "his investiture" and if so, would Anti-Stotmlight weapons be able to affect odium connected things differently? This is BIG.

We need to know if there are other antis as well. Is stardlight unique to the Rosharan system, or do other shards make light as well in some way? Would it be possible to get Endowment light? Also, are there anti other investiture forms? Could one make anti-breath? Anti-aeons? So many questions.

Edited by teknopathetic