The Fellowship of the Thing-Other Stories

Negative_Null

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"Well... can't we barricade the lab? Or get me a picture and maybe I can teleport it?"

"Our best shot," said Ashley, "is to get in there and neutralize whatever's sending these beasts our way before it sends the next one in line." She shook her head. "It's going to beat through whatever we try to barricade it with, I'm certain."

Edited by xinoehp512

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

"Well... no. But wouldn't it be able to send all of its monsters at us at once?"

"It might be testing our strength," says Rakushta, inserting himself into the conversation. "It'll want to expend as little resources as possible, depending on how smart it is. It wants to find out what we can handle, and then throw the bare minimum at us."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"It might be testing our strength," says Rakushta, inserting himself into the conversation. "It'll want to expend as little resources as possible, depending on how smart it is. It wants to find out what we can handle, and then throw the bare minimum at us."

"I guess I just don't want to do this."

Just now, Condensation said:

"Well... no. But wouldn't it be able to send all of its monsters at us at once?"

"You'd think, wouldn't you? But it's only sending one at a time. There has to be a reason for that."

2 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"If that's the case, attacking will give us an advantage. If we stand and fight, we're only giving it more information about how we fight."

On 10/25/2020 at 8:43 PM, Condensation said:

"Okay. Just give me a little bit to catch my breath."

After giving her a couple of moments of breath, Rakushta begins to follow after the beast carefully along with the rest of the party, explosive in hand.

Desolé, Condensation. How about we say that Chrysler just grabs her hand and says "Not now" since apparently you guys are planning on following it.

Experience, as far as I know, we're trying to get back into Ashley (Xino's) lab after it got taken over by bug things.

The group makes their way inside the lab.

In the center of the room stands a gigantic... creature of some sort.  Standing on two legs and taller than any of the party members, its imposing presence seems to fill the room. It has red claws and blue eyes with glimpses of intelligence in them. The rest of the creature is covered in a set of iridescent green scales- all except for its tail. Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to be colored at all.

And then- a few moments later - the child comes into view.

In his left hand, he holds what looks like a paintbrush. The tip is colored green, and it leaves behind a trail of color as he brushes it across the skin of the beast. The color laid down is uneven, however, at doesn't seem to be staying firmly within the form of whatever creature it is he is constructing. Similar to all the other creatures the group has seen so far.

He appears entirely focused on his task, and does not notice the approach of the group for a couple of seconds.

@Negative_Null @Condensation @AmazingGoob

7 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Chrysler sheathes her sword and walks towards the child. "Hey kid. Whatcha doing?"

14 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

He appears entirely focused on his task, and does not notice the approach of the group for a couple of seconds.

Mumbling to himself, Rakushta says "Why is it always a kid? It could of been a horrible pulsating monster, but nooooo, it's a child..." He grips his explosive tighter and decides to let Chrysler manage this.

11 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Desolé, Condensation. How about we say that Chrysler just grabs her hand and says "Not now" since apparently you guys are planning on following it.

Experience, as far as I know, we're trying to get back into Ashley (Xino's) lab after it got taken over by bug things.

It's fine. Okay!

"Who're you?"

14 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The group makes their way inside the lab.

In the center of the room stands a gigantic... creature of some sort.  Standing on two legs and taller than any of the party members, its imposing presence seems to fill the room. It has red claws and blue eyes with glimpses of intelligence in them. The rest of the creature is covered in a set of iridescent green scales- all except for its tail. Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to be colored at all.

And then- a few moments later - the child comes into view.

In his left hand, he holds what looks like a paintbrush. The tip is colored green, and it leaves behind a trail of color as he brushes it across the skin of the beast. The color laid down is uneven, however, at doesn't seem to be staying firmly within the form of whatever creature it is he is constructing. Similar to all the other creatures the group has seen so far.

Ayia approaches the child carefully.