Cosmere

Shocka

Question

10 answers to this question

Welcome to the Shard! Brandon has stated that Cosmere and non-Cosmere will never merge. But, that said, Brandon seems to toy with the idea of including a bunch of the non-Cosmere stories in their own multiverse. So there might be crossovers of sorts between those (like Apocalypse Guard seems to point at). But not between Cosmere and non-Cosmere.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:38 PM, Shard of Reading said:

Long answer is that I really want it to happen, and I think that Megan would theoretically be able to access the cosmere, but it would be really difficult.

I have always wondered if...

Spoiler

...Megan can access the cosmere. Even though they don't actually connect, it is theoretically possible that out of infinitely many realities, one of them is identical to the cosmere. That being said, I don't think Megan would be able to access them because they are so different from her reality. I believe at some point in Calamity she says it is easier for her to pull from close realities. I imagine she just wouldn't be able to access the cosmere. (Although the earth in the Rithmatist is still earth, but also very different).

Edited by Kings_way

(spoilered for Reckoners)

19 hours ago, Kings_way said:

I have always wondered if Megan can access the cosmere. Even though they don't actually connect, it is theoretically possible that out of infinitely many realities, one of them is identical to the cosmere. That being said, I don't think Megan would be able to access them because they are so different from her reality. I believe at some point in Calamity she says it is easier for her to pull from close realities. I imagine she just wouldn't be able to access the cosmere. (Although the earth in the Rithmatist is still earth, but also very different).

Brandon agrees:

zuriel45

Could Firefight theoretically access the Cosmere using her dimensional powers? Do magic parallel realities exist in the greater Reckoners multiverse?

Brandon Sanderson

I built the Reckoners so that certain possibilities were "stable" and others were not--limiting how weird things go. (And how far she can reach.) I'm trying to keep it within the bounds of the Reckoners universe that things don't go all Rick and Morty on us. So the chance of reaching a shadow of the Cosmere is very slim.

/r/fantasy AMA 2017 (Feb. 23, 2017)

Edited by Elegy