Matrim's Dice

Most/Least Favorite Books

12 posts in this topic

I am on book 8 (Please no spoilers for future books) and so far it has been... boring. Basically everyone is politically talking and marching and so far nothing really has happened. So I was wondering, what is everyone's least favorite and most favorite books?

I'll go first: (Again subject to change as I'm only on book 8)

Favorite: Lord of Chaos (6)

Least Favorite: The Path of Daggers (8)

Anything past book 7 I can't stand. (Except for the parts with mat in it) until the towers of midnight.

My favorite is A Memory of Light. That books is flat out awesome. I would go on a rant about why it rocks but if you are anything like me you can't resist clicking spoiler tags so I won't say anything.

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

Anything past book 7 I can't stand. (Except for the parts with mat in it) until the towers of midnight.

My favorite is A Memory of Light. That books is flat out awesome. I would go on a rant about why it rocks but if you are anything like me you can't resist clicking spoiler tags so I won't say anything.

That's what I was afraid of... so I get 800 x 4 pages of bleh. fun.

Also: When you said 'go on a rant' I immediately thought 'go on a rand' ^_^

My favorite is a toss up between 2,4 or 14. My least favorite (and can anyone argue against it?) is, of course, Crossroads of Twilight.

I feel like all the middle ones (8-11) are 50% walking, 45% talking, and 5% important stuff

4 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

I am on book 8 (Please no spoilers for future books) and so far it has been... boring. Basically everyone is politically talking and marching and so far nothing really has happened.

I just want to agree with this. I'm on Path of Daggers as well (again) after having to restart because I completely lost interest. It was just too bland. 

I honestly can’t remember what happens in which book, but the one

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

/2 books where it’s just Perrin trying to get Faile back

is pretty boring. My favorite book has to be either Gathering Storm or Memory of Light.

Oo, forgot about that one that Truthless mentioned, would agree with that sentiment. But I think it is either 11 or 12 (I think it is 12, working my way through a reread so hopefully will get a refresher soon), that was just a slog to read through. It was rough even for me, and probably the only book I have had to force myself through (even though I remember the climax being SO rewarding because of it). 

Aside from that, the last few books during Mat's POV is my weakness, and Memory of Light or Crossroads of Destiny would be mine.

It's a tossup between A Memory of Light and The Gathering Storm for my favorite. A Memory of Light is the big payoff for so many things and it's freaking awesome, but the ending of The Gathering Storm affected me in a way no other moment in the series did.

Least favorite...Crossroads of Twilight. So boring.

Oh great, that's the next one :P 

Actually tbh, Winter's Heart hasn't been that bad. I am only 150 ish pages in though, so that could easily change.

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

It's a tossup between A Memory of Light and The Gathering Storm for my favorite. A Memory of Light is the big payoff for so many things and it's freaking awesome, but the ending of The Gathering Storm affected me in a way no other moment in the series did.

Least favorite...Crossroads of Twilight. So boring.

Crossroads of Twilight is O.K. becuase Mat is in it. The Path of Daggers never even mentions Mat. I want to know what happened to him! Why didn't Robert Jordan tell me?

On 5/24/2020 at 3:46 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

I am on book 8 (Please no spoilers for future books) and so far it has been... boring. Basically everyone is politically talking and marching and so far nothing really has happened. So I was wondering, what is everyone's least favorite and most favorite books?

I'll go first: (Again subject to change as I'm only on book 8)

Favorite: Lord of Chaos (6)

Least Favorite: The Path of Daggers (8)

I actually have the same thoughts. I love Lord of Chaos and can't stand Path of Daggers. I hate that Mat isnt even in it