Most/Least Favorite Books

Mat

I am on book 8 (Please no spoilers for future books) and so far it has been... boring. Basically everyone is politically talking and marching and so far nothing really has happened. So I was wondering, what is everyone's least favorite and most favorite books?

I'll go first: (Again subject to change as I'm only on book 8)

Favorite: Lord of Chaos (6)

Least Favorite: The Path of Daggers (8)

Anything past book 7 I can't stand. (Except for the parts with mat in it) until the towers of midnight.

My favorite is A Memory of Light. That books is flat out awesome. I would go on a rant about why it rocks but if you are anything like me you can't resist clicking spoiler tags so I won't say anything.

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

Anything past book 7 I can't stand. (Except for the parts with mat in it) until the towers of midnight.

My favorite is A Memory of Light. That books is flat out awesome. I would go on a rant about why it rocks but if you are anything like me you can't resist clicking spoiler tags so I won't say anything.

That's what I was afraid of... so I get 800 x 4 pages of bleh. fun.

Also: When you said 'go on a rant' I immediately thought 'go on a rand' ^_^

4 hours ago, Matrim's_Dice said:

I am on book 8 (Please no spoilers for future books) and so far it has been... boring. Basically everyone is politically talking and marching and so far nothing really has happened.

I just want to agree with this. I'm on Path of Daggers as well (again) after having to restart because I completely lost interest. It was just too bland. 

Oo, forgot about that one that Truthless mentioned, would agree with that sentiment. But I think it is either 11 or 12 (I think it is 12, working my way through a reread so hopefully will get a refresher soon), that was just a slog to read through. It was rough even for me, and probably the only book I have had to force myself through (even though I remember the climax being SO rewarding because of it). 

Aside from that, the last few books during Mat's POV is my weakness, and Memory of Light or Crossroads of Destiny would be mine.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a tossup between A Memory of Light and The Gathering Storm for my favorite. A Memory of Light is the big payoff for so many things and it's freaking awesome, but the ending of The Gathering Storm affected me in a way no other moment in the series did.

Least favorite...Crossroads of Twilight. So boring.

1 hour ago, Jaywalk said:

It's a tossup between A Memory of Light and The Gathering Storm for my favorite. A Memory of Light is the big payoff for so many things and it's freaking awesome, but the ending of The Gathering Storm affected me in a way no other moment in the series did.

Least favorite...Crossroads of Twilight. So boring.

Crossroads of Twilight is O.K. becuase Mat is in it. The Path of Daggers never even mentions Mat. I want to know what happened to him! Why didn't Robert Jordan tell me?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 3:46 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

I am on book 8 (Please no spoilers for future books) and so far it has been... boring. Basically everyone is politically talking and marching and so far nothing really has happened. So I was wondering, what is everyone's least favorite and most favorite books?

I'll go first: (Again subject to change as I'm only on book 8)

Favorite: Lord of Chaos (6)

Least Favorite: The Path of Daggers (8)

I actually have the same thoughts. I love Lord of Chaos and can't stand Path of Daggers. I hate that Mat isnt even in it

Favorite: Dragon Reborn, btu the next 2 or 3 after that are pretty good too.

Least: Path Of Daggers, for the reasons already mentioned.  Eye of the Word and the Great Hunt are close behind though, at least partly because Mat isnt a perspective character in them either.

I'm in a bit of a weird position, though: I got The Dragon Reborn for christmas one year, but neither of the first 2 books.  after at least a couple tries to find them at the library, i gave up and just started in with book 3, so by the time i got back around to the first 2....they felt boring.