Corrupted Honorblade

Invocation

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

So, when Moash murdered Jezrien, he gained that Honorblade.

Didn't they give it to him first.

Sja-anat was attempting to corrupt ("Enlighten") the Honorblade? Is that a thing? Can she corrupt the Honorblades?

All investiture should be corruptible. 

Edited by Karger

38 minutes ago, Karger said:

Didn't they give it to him first.

All investiture should be corruptible. 

But it should take a huge amount of odiums investiture to corrupt an honorblade. And since the Honourblades have no spren attached to them and are therefore merely tools in the hands of its holder, it can be used for any number of un-honourable things as it is.. then why corrupt it additionally? What will that gain? 

Edited by The traveller

5 minutes ago, Invocation said:

I was thinking it would allow you to power the Surges with Voidlight if you couldn't already, and might increase the efficiency as well.

Converting investature is difficult.  Also Odium might not want that.  Finally it might actually decrease utility for example I don't know if it would work on oathgates anymore.

38 minutes ago, Invocation said:

I was thinking it would allow you to power the Surges with Voidlight if you couldn't already, and might increase the efficiency as well.

Why would he want to change the source of Investiture? Why would he want to expend his own Investiture? Why would efficiency matter when all it does is use up more of Honor's power as fuel?

Odium is perfectly willing to have his minions use Stormlight, the system in place allows his minions to use Stormlight and Surgebinding, but certain things might not work with his Investiture like Oathgates, as mentioned above.

But yes, corrupting an Honorblade should definitely be possible but there's no need for it when he can simply hand it over to his minions and Stormlight is already freely available

Edited by Honorless

Yes but I think it requires a hack like using stormlight instead of breath and there should be easier ways to do it..

although he might want to change the source so that he can directly feed the user of Honorblade with unending supply. This way they can circumvent the problem of inefficiency of honorblades 

Edited by The traveller

Personally, I don't see a reason for it. I don't think there would be a gain. 

I think Vyre is going to be a serious threat. I think the emotional state he has been in is the "void," and now that he's taken that name and joined with the Fused in truth I think he's going to learn how to use it. 

With the Fused and how I believe that they work, I don't think voidlight is difficult to fuel Surgebinding with at all. We've been told the difficulty of conversion varies based on system and Investiture type and that fueling Surgebinding with Breath would be easy. So I think as it stands, Vyre will be able to fuel the Surges with both stormlight via the access the Honorblade grants, and Voidlight. 

And I think it gets better (or worse, depending on how you want to look at it). We have this quote from the Stormfather. 

What will you do with it? the Stormfather asked as Dalinar entered the empty corridors. It is a weapon beyond parallel. The gift of a god. With it, you would be a Windrunner unoathed. And more. More that men do not understand, and cannot. Like a Herald, nearly.

The Honorblades are capable of a power that men do not know, that would make a person "Like a Herald, nearly." what is something we know the Heralds had that put them beyond the radiants? Raw power. I think it's possible that the direct feed of power is still available... And Vyre has Nale to teach him how to use that power. 

Let's face it. Moash is nothing in a fight compared to Szeth. For Vyre to be a threat, he's got to have an advantage beyond what we've seen from the Honorblade so far. 

5 hours ago, Invocation said:

So, when Moash murdered Jezrien, he gained that Honorblade. What are the odds/possibilities that they waited to give it to him until after he killed the Herald because Sja-anat was attempting to corrupt ("Enlighten") the Honorblade? Is that a thing? Can she corrupt the Honorblades?

I think the reason they waited until Jezrien was dead before giving vyre the honorblades was I secretly think all Heralds are bonded to thier respective blades and can summon them back at any time . By killing him first they circumvented that potential problem . But that’s just a guess.

Having it run on voidlight would be more efficient . As voidlight seems endless and stormlight is finite. But I hope that’s not what happened .

• Chaos locked this topic