The Cosmic Battle to Save the Thread

BringerofShadows

Star felt a tickle on her forehead. It wasn't bad, but... someone was hurting. Her back straightened in alarm, but then she realized that she... couldn't do anything. It hurt, but... maybe being trapped here was a twisted sort of freedom. Her stomach twisted at the thought. Better that she be punished than anyone else. But... she couldn't do anything. She sat back again, unsettled and disturbed by her own flippant attitude. 

Edited by Shard of Thought

What if…? BoS tried to summon some wine. The pain hadn’t lasted long, and she didn’t really feel like banging her head anymore. For the worse, a bottle appeared in her hand. Star wouldn’t like this…But she’s not here right now. “No.” Shadow said aloud. She threw the bottle, but it didn’t break. So she turned her back too it. After a few minutes, she sat on the concrete floor. Time passed slowly, and the wine bottle seemed to get closer and closer. BoS grumbled. No…No. Her mouth suddenly became dry. Really? Now? She sighed, and popped the lid off the bottle. “Cheers…” And she downed the bottle in a few gulps, wiping the red liquid off her lips. 

This was not Star's first time in a cell. She... preferred not to think about her first time. Her memories of it were limited because of Thought's interference, but it was still haunting to think back to. Left to her own in the dark, however, Star's thoughts seemed to spiral out of control. Questions assaulted her, one after the other. But one stayed with her longer than the others; She wanted her her happy ending... but did she deserve it? 

She wasn't a hero. Not really. She just helped people. Because that was the only way to help herself. Shards, when you said it like that, it seemed... very selfish. She wasn't selfish. Not anymore. And that was the thing right there, wasn't it? She had changed. For the better. And... heroes got happy endings. Maybe she could deserve it... later? Still, she could never erase what she had done. She knew her self pity was, well, pitiful, but it was a part of her now. And she didn't know how to get rid of it. Maybe Pheo could fix that. But he wasn't here. And she might never get out of this cell. Butt might never get his memories back. Pheonix might be trapped and mute forever. Heather might go back to drinking. It wasn't as if she'd done anything wrong to get her here though. She wasn't about to let Xino be killed. You know. Again. Queen of Shadows wasn't exactly the best part of her history. She sighed, feeling the burns throb. "Let me out of here," she whispered. "Please."

*Five bottles later*

BoS lay on the hard concrete floor of the cell in a drunken haze. A puddle of vomit was in the corner. She didn’t know how much time had past, nor had she cared. Forgetting that she could summon wine at will, she crawled to the bars with and empty wine bottle. She banged it against the metal, shouting: “Got any wine?” Shadow’s voice was slurred. “…Wine?!” 

1 hour ago, BringerofShadows said:

*Five bottles later*

BoS lay on the hard concrete floor of the cell in a drunken haze. A puddle of vomit was in the corner. She didn’t know how much time had past, nor had she cared. Forgetting that she could summon wine at will, she crawled to the bars with and empty wine bottle. She banged it against the metal, shouting: “Got any wine?” Shadow’s voice was slurred. “…Wine?!” 

The voice sighed.

"You shouldn't do that, you know," it said, with a slight hint of disappointment. "You don't need to be so sad."

On 3/19/2019 at 8:54 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Except Fantastic had vanished, so he couldn't.

Tom only sobbed on the ground. "Why? Why couldn't you accept me, as you did before? Why..."

On 3/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Cursing herself, Thought crawled over to Tom. Forgive me, AJ, she thought. This had to count. She leaned over and kissed Tom. And she found that she meant it. Something within her knew him, even if she didn't.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:00 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Tom melted into the kiss. Something in the back of his mind warned him, but he didn't care. He had her.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:01 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Thought felt stuck between worlds. Tamika knew this and she wanted it. But the part of her that was broken and needed mending... That part screamed. AJ would come. She would be loyal to him. Wouldn't she?

On 3/19/2019 at 9:03 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Tom felt her. Tamika. She was there. All he needed was a little more power...

Xino? he begged. 

On 3/19/2019 at 9:05 PM, Shard of Thought said:

Despite herself, Thought continued to kiss him. She just wanted someone who would take her. She loved AJ, but he had never felt quite comfortable when she had her Shard. "Why do you love me?" she found herself whispering.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:10 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Tom looked into her eyes. “You complete me, Tamika. You make me a better person. And I, you. Or at least, I did.”

OH MY SHARDS, this literally makes my heart ache now. Also, it's really cool to see Xino's interactions with the characters. Speaking of Xino, I can never get a grasp on his physical appearance. He was just gone for so after Queen of Shadows that I never really got a feel for him. He was sure interesting. All evil, just like Star was. Guys, we've created something really cool.