12 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"Excuse me a moment," she said to the other two, then followed him. She paused, unsure of how to begin a conversation, then spoke cautiously. "What is it that you're looking for?"

Zerameth didn't bother raising his head from his hands. "Myself. I'm looking for myself."

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

Zerameth didn't bother raising his head from his hands. "Myself. I'm looking for myself."

Aln frowned. She didn't know what to do. Can you recover memories after suffering from post-traumatic amnesia? I've never run across this particular issue before. Stormlight seemed to do something, though. Perhaps reforging his Nahel bond could fill in some of the blanks. She was grasping at straws and she knew it. The idea was better than nothing, though.

"Maybe I can help you figure out who you are," she said, as gently as she could. "In the meantime, you're welcome to stay here. I want to help in any way I can."

Edited by Rushu42
Word choice

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Now was the time for her to be a guild leader, not to have an emotional breakdown. 

Why is this me every day 

Are we still assuming John Redleaf is crawling on Folorian? 

Edited by AonEne

2 hours ago, The_Archivist said:

Disturbed, John gave Zerameth a mirror from his pocket, he knew it wasn't what he meant, which made it cruel, but he couldn't resist.

Zerameth looked, saw his haggardly look, his unwashed, stringy hair drooping in front of his eyes, and breathed in sharply. Was that really what he looked like? He hadn't looked like that since...since...the memory slipped away alongside the faint glow he hadn't noticed he picked up. He knocked the mirror away. "This is not a game." 

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

"Maybe I can help you figure out who you are," she said, as gently as she could. "In the meantime, you're welcome to stay here. I want to help in any way I can."

"T-thank you," Zerameth stammered. "I know I don't deserve that kindness, but thank you."

10 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

He wants to know about Aimia? Of course he does. Aln shook her head, feeling surreal. She opened her mouth to direct him to a suitable tome, but Folorian spoke first. 

"No, that's fine," she said. "It's-" But she was cut off again when, suddenly, Zerameth lunged forward and grabbed John by the shoulders. Aln took an involuntary step backwards as he laughed crazily and tottered back to his seat. 

"Excuse me a moment," she said to the other two, then followed him. She paused, unsure of how to begin a conversation, then spoke cautiously. "What is it that you're looking for?"

@Invocation @mathiau @The_Archivist

Ok, Alanis was not angry at me, good

6 hours ago, Invocation said:

Zerameth looked, saw his haggardly look, his unwashed, stringy hair drooping in front of his eyes, and breathed in sharply. Was that really what he looked like? He hadn't looked like that since...since...the memory slipped away alongside the faint glow he hadn't noticed he picked up. He knocked the mirror away. "This is not a game." 

"T-thank you," Zerameth stammered. "I know I don't deserve that kindness, but thank you."

Zerameth was talking to another person than Alanis but I didn't dare trying to focus on them, lest I'd lose focus on Zerameth and Alanis, I'd have to do with only this half the mirror's story.

"Well, if kindness was deserved, it wouldn't really be kindness, would-it?"

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Why is this me every day 

Are we still assuming John Redleaf is crawling on Folorian?

Arcc didn't move him so I guess yes. Also don't count on Folorian to notice him, he can't :)

23 hours ago, Invocation said:

Aln nodded, glancing at Folorian as he responded. She suddenly realized how exhausted she was. When she considered everything that had happened in just one day, well, it almost felt like months. 

"I have a room upstairs," she said, looking back at the amnesiac. "It's not much, but there's a shower and a couch that you're welcome to. I'll see about finding you some clean clothes, if you like."

Would everyone in this thread agree to a short timeskip of maybe a day? I can leave some time to wrap up conversations and whatnot, but it seems like most are winding down a bit.

@Invocation @mathiau @The_Archivist

16 hours ago, mathiau said:

"Well, if kindness was deserved, it wouldn't really be kindness, would-it?"

Zerameth chuckled darkly. "Maybe. Just maybe." 

5 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"I have a room upstairs," she said, looking back at the amnesiac. "It's not much, but there's a shower and a couch that you're welcome to. I'll see about finding you some clean clothes, if you like."

"I'd appreciate that. Don't know where else to go."

I'm good for a timeskip. 

7 hours ago, Invocation said:

"I'd appreciate that. Don't know where else to go."

"Same here"

I'm fine with a timeskip as long as John get of Folorian's trouser and Zerameth give him back his medalion, I guess the later can be done during the timeskip

A timeskip sounds good.

John sighed, it didn't seem like Aln was going to refer him to a book about Aimia anytime soon, so he might as well look for it himself. He walked over to the nearest bookshelf and began to check the titles. It looked like this section was about Scadrial, he sighed again and went to a different section, there he saw a book called: Dysian Amians Around the Cosmere, perfect. He walked over and started reading it when he noticed a large bug on Folorian's leg. The poor thing must have been drawn to the light inside and gotten trapped, he'll catch it and release it outside later, he decided, and reached towards the bug, attempting to put it inside one of his empty vials.

@Arcc1002 @mathiau @Rushu42

John sighed, it didn't seem like Aln was going to refer him to a book about Aimia anytime soon, so he might as well look for it himself. He walked over to the nearest bookshelf and began to check the titles. It looked like this section was about Scadrial, he sighed again and went to a different section, there he saw a book called: Dysian Amians Around the Cosmere, perfect. He walked over and started reading it when he noticed a large bug on Folorian's leg. The poor thing must have been drawn to the light inside and gotten trapped, he'll catch it and release it outside later, he decided, and reached towards the bug, attempting to put it inside one of his empty vials.

@Arcc1002 @mathiau @Rushu42

If I had noticed what John had done, I would told him trying to put a cremiling specially made to attack a guild by a Sleepless into a a vial was a bad idea, especially since this cremling had a poison designed to cause a pain so intense a Radian might forget they can breath stormlight to heal it. But I could not notice him, and I didn't know about the poison.

@Arcc1002@Rushu42

Edited by mathiau

On 4/15/2020 at 5:11 AM, mathiau said:

"Same here"

Aln glanced at him. "Do you also need a place to stay?"

Storms, I really should have invested in rooms for the Guild. I didn't expect the need to arise so quickly. I only know of one boardinghouse, and, well, I'm not particularly keen on heading over there just now.

@mathiau

Edited by Rushu42

John checked his watch, it was getting late. He could always get in a late night of research - Harmony knows he's done that often enough - but it would be more convenient to do it in his new rooms in TUBA. 

He approached Aln, "Pardon me, but is it possible to borrow books from the guild?"

@Rushu42

Aln looked up as he approached, and hesitated apologetically. "Well, normally I restrict borrowing books to members of the Guild. We've had some go missing in the past, unfortunately. But you're welcome to stay here and read for as long as you like."

3 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln looked up as he approached, and hesitated apologetically. "Well, normally I restrict borrowing books to members of the Guild. We've had some go missing in the past, unfortunately. But you're welcome to stay here and read for as long as you like."

He nodded, "Right, that makes sense. It would be a shame if something happened to all that knowledge. It's probably the only collection of it's kind in the entire universe after all."

As he spoke, the bug started making noise in it's little vial. I'll take you outside soon, little guy, I promise.

@Rushu42

1 minute ago, The_Archivist said:

He nodded, "Right, that makes sense. It would be a shame if something happened to all that knowledge. It's probably the only collection of it's kind in the entire universe after all."

As he spoke, the bug started making noise in it's little vial. I'll take you outside soon, little guy, I promise.

@Rushu42

Aln smiled a bit at the unexpected compliment. "I'm glad you understand. Gathering these books has been my life's work." 

She glanced at the volume he held. Dysian Aimians Around the Cosmere. Interesting.

"That book you've got there was one of the hardest to find. The Aimians are a closely guarded secret. If I may ask, what are you researching about them?"

Aln knew that she could only talk for so long - she had just promised the unfortunate amnesiac a room, after all - but she couldn't let this man leave without finding out what he knew about the Sleepless. His name was almost certainly a coincidence, but he had shown up looking for information on Aimia at the same time if the appearance of a familiar cremling. There could very well be a connection.

"I specifically wanted to learn more about their hive-mind, many bodies that create one consciousness. Since they breed their cremlings, they achieve a form of immortality that lets them survive even if a large number of them are destroyed. I wanted to check if it was known if it worked because of connection, or Identity, or something else entirely."

I actually meant for it to be taken as an accidental threat on her guild:P 

17 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

"I specifically wanted to learn more about their hive-mind, many bodies that create one consciousness. Since they breed their cremlings, they achieve a form of immortality that lets them survive even if a large number of them are destroyed. I wanted to check if it was known if it worked because of connection, or Identity, or something else entirely."

Aln nodded thoughtfully. "I've always wondered myself whether it comes from a Cognitive bond or a Spiritual one. I suspect that it involves Spiritual Connection; a spiritweb seems to be a consistent factor in most other forms of Investiture. Of course, many of those also involve the interference of one or more Shards, and I have so far been unable to uncover any evidence of the impact of any particular Shard. That doesn't mean that one wasn't involved, of course, but it doesn't seem to fit the same pattern as the others, especially since they have been seen on multiple Shardworlds. And their form is unusually malleable to be contained by a single spiritweb." She stopped abruptly, and shook her head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ramble at you. I've done some research on the subject myself, and was excited for a chance to discuss. Please let me know what you find."

34 minutes ago, The_Archivist said:

I actually meant for it to be taken as an accidental threat on her guild:P

Ha ha! Well, Aln's more interested in discussing the theory behind Aimians than in having a confrontation about the one that attacked her, so sorry about that.