4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

BANG

"Seriously, guys? I spent three hours coming up with that last speech! THREE HOURS!

Definitely watch it alone. There's some swearing (s-words and variations thereupon, mostly) as well as blood and gore. Much of it is implied, rather than shown, but it's similar to how it was in The Dark Knight—leaving the worst of it to the imagination just makes it more unsettling. A couple of the characters are drug addicts and arguably the main theme is how broken they all are from their adoptive dad's terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad parenting. Although that's sometimes played for dark comedy, their depression and dysfunction are always shown as a tragic result of a terrible upbringing, and it (and Klaus's ability to talk to the dead) would probably be disturbing for younger viewers. 

Hide contents

And I'm pretty sure they're including a romance from the series, which is….so, you know how the Umbrella Academy kids aren't related by blood even though they have the same last name? Yeah. I didn't feel like the books ever glamorized it; Way and Ba seemed to portray it as another sad result of their messed-up childhood. But again, not suitable for young audiences. 

"It took you three hours to come up with 'I am the Master of Death, here to free you from its dark tyranny and lead you into the Light'?"

"I'm starting to feel like we're just putting him out of his misery. He's like a lame duck."

Dang. Why does all the good stuff have to make little kids cry? <_<:P

Just now, Kobold King said:

"It took you three hours to come up with 'I am the Master of Death, here to free you from its dark tyranny and lead you into the Light'?"

"I'm starting to feel like we're just putting him out of his misery. He's like a lame duck."

"I will find the lame ducks of the world and bring them into my Army of—" 

BANG

"Sparks. That one almost wasn't worth the bullet." 

"Almost?" 

2 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Dang. Why does all the good stuff have to make little kids cry? <_<:P

….I'd say we have Pixar, but that makes everyone cry, so never mind. :P 

1 minute ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

"I will find the lame ducks of the world and bring them into my Army of—" 

BANG

"Sparks. That one almost wasn't worth the bullet." 

"Almost?" 

….I'd say we have Pixar, but that makes everyone cry, so never mind. :P 

Hey, you didn't let me get halfway that ti-

BANG

*silence*

1 minute ago, breakingamber said:

Hey, you didn't let me get halfway that ti-

BANG

*silence*

somewhere luminous and cloudy

"Welcome, Professor Cardinal. Now that you have... apparently chosen to die, you have passed on to the true next life. Welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven."

"My head hurts... wait, where am I?"

"The Kingdom of Heaven. I'm St. Peter and I'm here to show you the ropes. Now, I know what you're thinking, but now that you're free of Calamity's corruption nothing you did as an Epic is held against you. We judge you solely as Thomas Cardinal, and-"

"The idea of 'heaven' is a childish comfort for the superstitious."

"...hah, that's not an uncommon reaction. But as you can see, it's very real. Now, let us just-"

"There is no reprieve from the tyranny of death other than my Army of Light."

"...now now, you seem to be stuck in ol' 'Lightwards' mode. Remember, Calamity has no influence here, and... what are you doing. Your pockets are empty, Professor Cardinal."

"I need my gun. You are to become my first Warrior before I take over."

"Professor, please. I'm trying to tell you-"

"QUIET! You are speaking to your better."

"..."

"Where are my dinosaurs?"

speaking into a radio : "...hello? Is this our colleagues downstairs? We have a Code Deathwish for you to come pick up."

5 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

"Welcome, Professor Cardinal. Now that you have... apparently chosen to die, you have passed on to the true next life. Welcome to the Kingdom of Heaven."

"The Kingdom of Heaven. I'm St. Peter and I'm here to show you the ropes. Now, I know what you're thinking, but now that you're free of Calamity's corruption nothing you did as an Epic is held against you. We judge you solely as Thomas Cardinal, and-"

"...hah, that's not an uncommon reaction. But as you can see, it's very real. Now, let us just-"

"...now now, you seem to be stuck in ol' 'Lightwards' mode. Remember, Calamity has no influence here, and... what are you doing. Your pockets are empty, Professor Cardinal."

"..."

speaking into a radio : "...hello? Is this our colleagues downstairs? We have a Code Deathwish for you to come pick up."

response: We're sorry sir, but there is no Code Deathwish. If you were thinking of... that..., then sorry, there's no Coke in Heaven, it's all Pepsi up here.

EDIT: Dammit. I can't read.

Edited by breakingamber

3 hours ago, Kobold King said:

"..."

Let’s collectively decide not to imagine Red doing Her Thing @ the devil. Or worse, God.

18 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Let’s collectively decide not to imagine Red doing Her Thing @ the devil. Or worse, God.

I'm imagining God and Satan sending her to each other, back and forth, over and over, because neither wants to see her Do Her Thing. It eventually culminates in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who has to take her, with the words "C'mon, best out of 73!" being spoken at some point. :P 

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'm imagining God and Satan sending her to each other, back and forth, over and over, because neither wants to see her Do Her Thing. It eventually culminates in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who has to take her, with the words "C'mon, best out of 73!" being spoken at some point. :P 

And then by mutual agreement they give her to the nearest tentacled eldritch abomination.

Then everyone is happy.

Just now, The Young Pyromancer said:

Tendril (that's the substance-that-is-not-plasma-but-is-very-similar-to-it Epic right?) with tendrils made of flesh.

Or just a self-biokinetic.

I'm actually seeing them more as a dimensional Epic like Firefight, but with a connection to murky and eldritch realms full of tentacled monsters. His MO would be opening these portals and then hightailing it out of there before they come through, since like Lovecraft, he'd be a xenophobe whose root fear is the fear of the unknown.

It'd make an interesting dynamic, to be sure: an Epic who summons monsters, but whose weakness is set off by actually seeing these madness-inducing alien monstrosities in the flesh. He'd be employed by a more powerful Epic as a terror tactic against enemies. Take him to an enemy city--have him open a bunch of portals--leave--repeat.

4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Argh, I need to dig up that Moral Guardian pony code again….

Like all of them he's in my Pony Vault. :ph34r:

Spoiler

Create Code: 4T1O095270FEFEFE000000035000045E5NN1837205021000N0000000EAF27204107F3FCC004CB2

Accessory Code: 066CC66066CC66066CC66066CC664D6C65A04E8FBAFFFF8C066CC662A000D1066CC6629600D1

It seems we need him now more than ever. -_-:P

8 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Hide contents

Create Code: 4T1O095270FEFEFE000000035000045E5NN1837205021000N0000000EAF27204107F3FCC004CB2

Accessory Code: 066CC66066CC66066CC66066CC664D6C65A04E8FBAFFFF8C066CC662A000D1066CC6629600D1

Spoiler

5c6b740a1a521_ScreenShot2019-02-18at8_11_47PM.png.7df3fc1d08b52ae126d013a5d5aee549.png

He has been summoned. Now watch what happens when I try to crack a joke about what would happen if Fortuity and Red, both looking for a new flame, wound up alone in a—

Spoiler

5c6b74a9549ee_ScreenShot2019-02-18at8_14_08PM.png.d10399287b4d9178117dab1d8907d20d.png

Hmm. It appears I can't finish that joke. Well played, Mister Guardian. Well played indeed. 

30 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Reveal hidden contents

Do you have a Metronome in there? I don't remember if he ever got one.