Adolin to be featured in new wine advertisement!

traceria

Scene 1: Shot of an attractive, young Alethi man scarfing down a chicken breakfast burrito while a darkeyes server looks on in confusion.

Scene 2: Shot of the same man kneeling and having an animated conversation with a really fancy and intimidating sword.

Scene 3: Shot of the man placing, taking out, and replacing a necklace in his pocket multiple times, looking nervous.

Scene 4: Two young Alethi men (one from the prior scenes) and a stately but attractive middle-aged woman in what is obviously the staging area of a dueling facility.  Sitting on a table, strategically placed for advertising purposes, is a glass of [insert appropriate color depending on target audience] wine.  Playing in the background is an engaging bass line...

First young man (not wearing Shardplate): You ate chicken?

Second young man (in Shardplate): [Puts on helm.]  For breakfast.

First young man: And you talked to the sword?

Second young man: Had an entire conversation.

First young man: Mother's chain in your pocket?

Second young man: Checked three times.

Stately yet attractive middle-aged woman: You still hold to those foolish superstitions?

[both young men look at her sharply.]

[Vocal accompaniment begins: "Very superstitious, writing's on the wall..."]

Voiceover: It's only weird if it doesn't work.

[Dialogue from Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson, Song lyrics from Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" and Voiceover dialogue from that series of Bud Light commercials.]

Eh, we watch a lot of hockey (and other sports at other times of the year) and are faced with dudes growing beards or their hair long or possibly cutting it if the mojo isn't right (losing multiple games), so when I got to that scene, it's all I could think about.  It was worth the effort if only to get it out of my head. :)

Scene 5: Adolin throws down Shardblade, replaces him with Stick, wins duel (and girls off-course) because the opponent's Shardblade snaps upon contact with Stick, puts on sunglasses and sips a glass of wine.

*cue cool music

You missed a vital detail there. Edited by Shaggai

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, if anybody is the Dos Equis guy, it's... well, it's not Adolin.

He once arm-wrestled a chasmfiend... to a draw.

He can parry a shardblade with his bare hands.

He's defeated more Shardbearers since giving up his Blade than most people do in a lifetime.

He doesn't take no for an answer, even from a god.

He is... the most interesting Shardbearer in the world.

"I don't always drink wine, but when I do, I prefer yellow or orange, because intoxication is forbidden to an officer in wartime by the Codes."

"Stay honorable, my friends."

Edited by digitalbusker

• Chaos locked this topic