Way of Kings Parody Summary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Soon? I've been kind of busy, and the last section is mostly character stuff and introspection that's nothing like what I've been parodying in the past few sections.

Brilliant! I'll take that as even being more awesome than before ;)... so how soon is "soon"?

*Shouts*

I've been kind of busy lately.  The stuff you hear about Engineering and time allocation? It's all true.

I currently have a pile of jokes (most of them bad) and ideas for bizarre events, though part of the difficultly is that this is the part that connects to Words of Irradiance, and I need to make sure that make the appropriate fraction of complete sense.

I've also been distracted by something else - an actual narrative, mind, though still a context where discussing plans for the thermonuclear dredging of the Bearing Strait is completely reasonable. So there's that.

I assume by "Bearing Strait" you mean a narrow channel of water inhabited by aquatic bears? That sounds interesting.

It took me a moment to realize the accidental pun. I meant Bering Strait - with sufficient abstraction, you described it more or less adequately perfectly.

It's only 'narrow' in the sense that, say, the Gulf of Mexico isn't. Fifty miles is nothing to sneeze at - hence the atomic bombs.

You want to... nuke the Bering Strait? How may Fissionspren would be attracted to that?

I have a few ideas for jokes, and I'll have to type them up and PM them to you when I get some time.

Surprisingly few - the plan called for the use of one-megaton devices with a fusion fraction above 98%; so only 20 kilotons of yield from fission decays. There would be far more fusionspreen present.

Second point sounds cool.

It took me a moment to realize the accidental pun. I meant Bering Strait - with sufficient abstraction, you described it more or less adequately perfectly.

It's only 'narrow' in the sense that, say, the Gulf of Mexico isn't. Fifty miles is nothing to sneeze at - hence the atomic bombs.

I can never resist taking people's typos literally in order to make jokes. :P

And yes, I meant "narrow" in the grand scheme of the scale of the entire globe. Size is all relative. :) I'm curious as to why you want to drop atomic bombs on it, though.

I can never resist taking people's typos literally in order to make jokes. :P

And yes, I meant "narrow" in the grand scheme of the scale of the entire globe. Size is all relative. :) I'm curious as to why you want to drop atomic bombs on it, though.

I'm acutely surprised it took this long for someone to ask.

We're not exactly just dropping a bomb on. The idea is to make the strait deeper, so as to make it more difficult for the aliens to walk across the seabed and threaten North American directly after they defeat the Soviet Union, because that would basically be game over for the entire human race.

I'm acutely surprised it took this long for someone to ask.

We're not exactly just dropping a bomb on. The idea is to make the strait deeper, so as to make it more difficult for the aliens to walk across the seabed and threaten North American directly after they defeat the Soviet Union, because that would basically be game over for the entire human race.

Why do the aliens have to walk across the seabed?

• 2 weeks later...

Likely due to presence of the Alaskan Anti-Alien Aerospace and Armor Artillery or AAAAaAA for short.

Somewhat related: The Association Against Acronym Abuse (AAAA) protests and insists you rename the Alaskan Anti-Alien Aerospace and Armor Artillery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
21 minutes ago, Flynn said:

plz shir, mai i hav sum moar?

NO YOU MAY NOT!

Try back in like a week*. I should be able to re-read Words of Irradiation and have something thrown together for the first bit.

Thanks for reminding me this existed drawing my attention to this matter; I'm pretty sure I lost my document copies of the bits posted and subsequently ran off to write something involving giant robots and suffering.

Expect the style to change a bit; I'm not sure I can manage the same level of minimalism I accomplished in the first sections.