Hoid worldhopping theory (spoilers)

Morevna

In the interview here: http://www.sffworld.com/2014/03/brandon-sanderson-exclusive-interview/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=brandon-sanderson-exclusive-interview the second question says:

"2. Will we learn more about the character currently known as Hoid in Words of Radiance? Yes, you will. Watch for a story told at a bar."

So here's an excerpt from the story Rock told at a bar of a man coming out of a pool in the mountains that the horneaters call holy:

"Like person,” Rock said. “Maybe Alethi, though skin was lighter. Very angular face. Handsome,perhaps. With white hair.” Sigzil looked up sharply. “White hair?” “Yes,” Rock said. “Not grey, like old man, but white—yet he is young man. He spoke with me on shore. Ha! Made mockery of my beard. Asked what year it was, by Horneater calendar. Thought my name was funny. Very powerful god.”

Speculation is that Hoid (it does describe him) was coming out of that pool, and that the pool is a shardpool. So maybe Hoid's worldhopping happens by going through shardpools????

The 16 gods are the shardholders. I dont think Vin counts becauseshe didnt have it very long. Sazed does count because he still has Ruin and Preservation. Rayse/Odium, Tanavast/Honor (dead), Cultivation, Endowment, Aona/Devotion (dead), Skai/Dominion (dead) and Bavadin (unknown intent) are the others we know of.

The 16 gods are the shardholders. I dont think Vin counts becauseshe didnt have it very long. Sazed does count because he still has Ruin and Preservation. Rayse/Odium, Tanavast/Honor (dead), Cultivation, Endowment, Aona/Devotion (dead), Skai/Dominion (dead) and Bavadin (unknown intent) are the others we know of.

Huh, I'm going to need to read up on these stuff... can't remember much... 

Listening to the audio for one of his WoR signing he says there is a very in your face hint on how he world hops through Shadesmar in his first cosmere book published. Could that be the pool the Elantrians would eventually disappear into?

Correction - he has says Hoid has used Shadesmar to worldhop, and he says there is a big hint about worldhopping in Elantris, but this doesn't imply that the Elantris hint is related to Shadesmar. In fact, having listened to him answer "Does Hoid worldhop using Shadesmar?", he was being very careful in saying "Hoid has, in fact, used Shadesmar to travel between worlds." The past tense was telling, I think.

• Chaos locked this topic