A question about the ending of "The bands of mourning"

Zape

disclaimer mistborn is the only series out of the cosamere i read so far although i am planning on reading the way of kings next

what did the memory in the coin mean ? i felt like it was supposed to be some great revelation but i just dont get it i thought from the scars and what he said the implied that was klieser but that contradictory to everything we know about his death he was killed he had no ferochemical abilities as we could know from him being surprised by sazed having them i thought maybe he got a accidental hemalorgic spike like spook but it was said he was stabbed in the back not the eye further more sazed said he spoke to kleiser from the beyond what am i missing here ?

4 hours ago, Zape said:

i thought it only detailed what kleiser did for the 3 years between his escape from the pits and the start of the story

As the others mentioned, it covers a different time period and I can't say more without spoiling. This may sound dumb, but I'm so excited for you to read Secret History! Especially given you thought it was more of a Kelsier prequel...Because that's what I thought it was at first too and consequently didn't read it until after I had read all of the other Cosmere books..Boy was I wrong ;) Its so awesome and really gives you some great information that not only gives greater depth to the Mistborn trilogy, but makes it make way more sense! And it'll give a greater cosmere knowledge base as you head into Stormlight.  Have fun man.

On January 29, 2018 at 8:49 PM, Oversleep said:

@Zape at the beginning of Bands of Mourning there's a blink-and-you-miss-it reference by VenDell to Kelsier having Ascended to Preservation. This should have been a hint that there's something more going on with Kelsier than we have seen.

I was so confused when I saw that reference the first time. "Did I not pay attention to the first book...?" :P

• Chaos locked this topic