Spoilers- Kaladin's extra blade

zandi

Probably - but for the moment Nin seems to be on the wrong side and Dalinar needs a blade...so until then? 

(I'm as far from an expert as you can get clearly!)

Edited by zandi

A lot of the other heralds dont quite have their cremlings together. It may be time for new ones. The people are slowly, and with friction, doing or trying to do what the heralds would teach, without them

Yeah - I kind of think that they will all have to redeem themselves (except taln) or they go to the dark side. But that would make Dalinar )if he got szeth's former blade) a new herald of a different order - unless szeth's was the bond smith herald's (forgot name?).... 

Now this may just sound crazy, but is it possible for Kaladin to keep the honorblade and use 2 shardblades? I know that you cannot wield 2 dead shardblades (Otherwise someone would be doing it), but would still apply to an honorblade and a living shardblade? 

I've been wondering if it'll go to Adolin before the revelation that he killed Sadeas (and therefore invalidating him as a person who should have wind runner powers). Of course with Kaladin flying off for his home town, perhaps he hid it in a safe place or gave it to someone else to hide? Dalinar or Bridge Four would be the likely candidates for the latter (or Renarin for a twist).

Now this may just sound crazy, but is it possible for Kaladin to keep the honorblade and use 2 shardblades? I know that you cannot wield 2 dead shardblades (Otherwise someone would be doing it), but would still apply to an honorblade and a living shardblade?

I think you can, actually. It's just impractical. Shardblades are individual weapons - dual wielding gigantic swords would be incredibly difficult, and they're priceless.

I think you can, actually. It's just impractical. Shardblades are individual weapons - dual wielding gigantic swords would be incredibly difficult, and they're priceless.

But dual-wielding a Radiant-type blade that can change form, has no ten heartbeat cooldown, and an Honorblade sounds like it has potential, particularly if that person also has Plate. Honestly I can see Edgedancers being ridiculous with this.

I just think that if Adolin gets it he'll do something like murdering Sadeas again and because he's an 'honourary member' of the Windrunners, Kaladin will take issue with it. The only reasoning for that though is Adolins skills/personality and the fact that Kaladin really doesn't have a good history of giving weapons to people.

I feel like kaladin and syl (especially syl) wouldn't feel comfortable giving away the honorblade to some one unless they were bound by some sort of oath, wouldn't want another szeth flying around killing people and i beleive syl says something along those lines.

Giving Dalinar Jezrien's Shardblade would give him Windrunning powers. I'm not sure if that would override his Bondsmith powers, or how that would affect his Nahel bond.

I don't know - I feel Adolin may get the Honorblade for a time, merely due to the fact that he's probably a little moody now that even Renarin is a Radiant and Kaladin trusts in Adolin's sense of honor. Also, it seems like he is going down the path of the Skybreaker (killing Sadeas, Adolin's skill at arms), and I can imagine some scenario where Adolin loses/gives up the Honorblade but comes back at a critical moment as a Skybreaker who has already trained in basic lashings (like Szeth).

Giving Dalinar Jezrien's Shardblade would give him Windrunning powers. I'm not sure if that would override his Bondsmith powers, or how that would affect his Nahel bond.

This is what I'm wondering- would it affect his bond? Since he has a different bond...

Or maybe each honor blade gets restored to the right herald and reverses their insanity?

Sooner or later all the Heralds "should" reclaim theirs I'd think.

But, I'm not even mildly an expert on the Heralds.

Sorry meant to include in previous post

Do you think this will "repair" the heralds seeming brokenness?

Maybe it would just give additional powers? On the Taln's honor blade thread limelleth says:

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Hoid probably didn't 'unbond' the blade from Taln. Courtesy of Talenelat, from the San Diego signing:

Talenelat, on 05 Mar 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

"Can someone bond more than one honorblade?"

His (paraphrased) answer:

Honorblade? You can't bond an honorblade, though it can be given to you. (Only now as I write this do I realize he didn't fully answer it, lol) Shardblades, however, come from a spren bond and it is possible to bond more than one.

MultiQuote

Edit: yikes sorry posting from a phone...

Edited by zandi

With Kaladin now having the Windrunner's Honorblade, with it increase his powers as a Windrunner?

If not...

I thought he'd give it to Adolin as he's quickly becoming a friend and giving the blade to him will grant him Windrunning abilities.

i think adolin is a more likely Candide he is the best duelist and is highly trusted plus Dalinar has more important work than fighting

The main thing Adolin brings to the table is that he is a master duelist/fighter in full Plate with a Blade. The Honorblade won't work in conjunction with Plate, so I don't think he's a good fit.

I don't know - I feel Adolin may get the Honorblade for a time, merely due to the fact that he's probably a little moody now that even Renarin is a Radiant and Kaladin trusts in Adolin's sense of honor. Also, it seems like he is going down the path of the Skybreaker (killing Sadeas, Adolin's skill at arms), and I can imagine some scenario where Adolin loses/gives up the Honorblade but comes back at a critical moment as a Skybreaker who has already trained in basic lashings (like Szeth).

Quick correction - The Skybreakers uphold the law at all costs, and would not be happy with Adolin, here's some WoB:

Q: Are there radiant orders that would take someone like Adolin even after what he does at the end of Words of Radiant?

A:  I am not going to say whether or not Adolin will become a Knights Radiant, but yes, there are several orders that would be very happy with what he did.

Q:  Like the Skybreakers or Dustbringers?

A:  The Skybreakers would probably not want him because he broke a law, but there are other orders that would think he completely did the right thing and be very happy with him.

From the WoR WoB compilation thread we have.

Oh, and because having an Honorblade is much like having an extra bead of lerasium...

The obvious choice is to give the Honorblade to Jasnah, or Shallan, or (if neither of them want it) Dalinar. Having access to four Surges (three for Dalinar) is a massive improvement over having access to only two. It's just like giving lerasium to a Feruchemist. You want that versatility. The power of an Honorblade is not in whacking people with it like a caveman, it's in the Surges it grants.

For some reason I feel like Zahel is a likely candidate.  I feel like Kaladin may trust him, and the Radiants could certainly use someone to train them, spar with, that sort of thing.  If you have Windrunner abilities, you can't just spar with anyone, not to your true ability.  And there may be other connections with Zahel and Szeth, so it would be fitting in a way.

Oh, and because having an Honorblade is much like having an extra bead of lerasium...

The obvious choice is to give the Honorblade to Jasnah, or Shallan, or (if neither of them want it) Dalinar. Having access to four Surges (three for Dalinar) is a massive improvement over having access to only two. It's just like giving lerasium to a Feruchemist. You want that versatility. The power of an Honorblade is not in whacking people with it like a caveman, it's in the Surges it grants.

And on this topic - can we then give Kaladin an honorblade with a transportation surge?  then whoever fighting kaladin would have the fun job of not only seeing where his abilities are taking him, but he could transport to a spot above you then lash at you without you seeing him...  oh the fun :)

It's hard to say what surges a windrunner would benefit from the most, I'm thinking transportation, soulcasting (that could be in the same blade potentially), regrowth, lightweaving could all be fun - not to mention division etc...

I still think of windrunners as almost the elite fighting troops of the KR...  purely because you could get them to somewhere where a battle is going poorly relatively quickly, even if there were no oathgates nearby.  Then again - it's hard to say whether KR's with the transportation surge can move just themselves, or multiple people at once...

For some reason I feel like Zahel is a likely candidate.  I feel like Kaladin may trust him, and the Radiants could certainly use someone to train them, spar with, that sort of thing.  If you have Windrunner abilities, you can't just spar with anyone, not to your true ability.  And there may be other connections with Zahel and Szeth, so it would be fitting in a way.

I would love to see that fight, Zahel and Szeth with eachother's former weapons