Brandon gave me an unpublished KR Ideal

Rew

So, got my copy of WoR from Weller's today - with personalization from Brandon.  I asked for one of the KR ideals that has not been published yet - and he complied. 

It says, 

"To Rew

I will stand (I may change this someday.)"

I take it from his phrasing that this is not published in WoR, given that he may change it (and thus, I'm not putting this in the WoR forum). 

I didn't ask him to put the Order on it (feared he might not do it), but to me this sounds like the Stonewards?

I'm pretty sure he was smirking a little, as this is really simple (yet powerful?).  But I'll take it :)

(PS- if this should be put in a different forum, is there a way I can do it? or the mods?)

(PPS- this is a fun question to ask, though I wonder how many times he would answer it with something before RAFO-ing. Maybe people at the Midnight release and other signings could come up with other answers?)

post-28-0-00769200-1393907663_thumb.jpg

So what if the Ideals are focused around the same attributes - Protect and Lead for windrunners, etc. - but each successive Ideal has few qualifiers. So maybe the third wind runner would be I will lead those who have lost themselves, the forth would be I will protect and the fifth would be I will lead

Maybe it is similar to how Shallan has to say a truth. I can picture Rysn saying "I will stand" during a physical therapy session :D ...my guess is it would have to do with strong belief. interesting though; RYSN: RISEN :blink:

I am sure if having to speak a truth is really an Ideal for the Lightweavers. From I've seen, it looks like the Immortal Words are... mindsets. Kaladin couldn't just say "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves" - he had to both understand what the Ideal means (and in this case it's pretty obvious, but the First Ideal requires some thinking) and believe, live, the Words. He - or Shallan for that matter - is not trying to win a debate against his spren, he needs to feel the right way for the Ideal to work. 

Words of Radiance explores more of this, but I do not wish to discuss it here and now - in part because we are outside the proper forum, and in part because I still have another couple of hundred pages left and don't want to sound like a fool :)