UK Oathbringer Tour - Forbidden Planet’s London Megastore 2017-11-28

Overlord Jebus

2 hours ago, Run Ookla, run! said:

Probably not. 

Hide contents

I think First of the Sun might be the waters, with Obrodai as an aside mention.

And the Shard is probably another aspect of Autonomy. A splinter. 

Ok because 

Spoiler

We also instruct that you should not return to Obrodai. We have claimed that world, and a new avatar of our being is beginning to manifest there. She is young yet, and— as a precaution— she has been instilled with an intense and overpowering dislike of you. This is all we will say at this time. If you wish more, seek these waters in person and overcome the tests we have created. Only in this will you earn our respect.

Sanderson, Brandon. Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (p. 506). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

If you look at this together it reads like it is the same place. The waters and the test seem pretty clear to be Patji and it implies to me Hoid has been there before. I do see the possibility of Patji being a splinter though as she calls it an Avatar. 

Edited by StormingTexan

1 hour ago, StormingTexan said:

Ok because 

Hide contents

We also instruct that you should not return to Obrodai. We have claimed that world, and a new avatar of our being is beginning to manifest there. She is young yet, and— as a precaution— she has been instilled with an intense and overpowering dislike of you. This is all we will say at this time. If you wish more, seek these waters in person and overcome the tests we have created. Only in this will you earn our respect.

Sanderson, Brandon. Oathbringer: Book Three of the Stormlight Archive (p. 506). Tom Doherty Associates. Kindle Edition. 

If you look at this together it reads like it is the same place. The waters and the test seem pretty clear to be Patji and it implies to me Hoid has been there before. I do see the possibility of Patji being a splinter though as she calls it an Avatar. 

Oathbringer spoilers here and in quote

Spoiler

I agree that "the waters and the tests" seem likely to refer to First of the Sun/the islands on the planet. However, it seems clear to me that these are separate from Obrodai. The writer (which I believe is Autonomy, who we know to have multiple personalities/avatars) says "don't come to Obrodai", and then says "seek these waters". That reads to me like Autonomy wants Hoid to come somewhere else (not Obrodai) to talk. Obrodai is "that world", First of the Sun/Patji is "these waters".

47 minutes ago, Ookla the Contradictory said:

71-74 are mine :D

and 89 is intriguing, is that the exact wording?

How do you want to be identified in your entries?

And it is the exact wording (though I just made a small edit). If you click the play button on the entry, you can listen to audio to make sure!