The scadrian sun

Staphylococcus

Idk if this had been thought about before, but I've just realized, that with the pre-Catacendre scadrian sun being red, and thus, red light falling on the planet, how different must things look! I mean, imagine standing in a room lit by a red-painted lightbulb - everything has a red hue. So with the sun being red, that's basically how everything must look on Scadrial.

The scadrian characters, of course, don't notice it as it's what they've always been living with, but imagine how eerie that must look to all the worldhoppers. And how weird the world must seem to scadrians right after Harmony moved the planet back to its original position. Everything would, all of a sudden, be a totally different color!

Anyway. This is just something that crossed my mind and I needed to share it with someone.

Edited by Staphylococcus
Autocorrect was messing with me

I think it had to do with their lungs and digestion. (They weren't effected by constantly breathing ash; they could digest the new plants.) The bigger question is how do Kell and Marsh manage? Since healing is based on self perception and they'd view themselves with the same lungs/digestive tract, I can't help but think that they keep 'healing' back to World of Ash baseline...

1 hour ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Since healing is based on self perception and they'd view themselves with the same lungs/digestive tract, I can't help but think that they keep 'healing' back to World of Ash baseline...

Yeah, but how often do you think about the exact specs of your respiratory tract? Ash-Scadrial, K & M's perception of their lungs are works fine, no problems breathing (except on really ashy days). Harmony-Scadrial, K & M's perception of their lungs are works fine, no problems breathing. It's not like their lungs are visible where they can see the changes.

I imagine it'd be like taking off a pair of tinted sunglasses and suddenly WHOAH SO MUCH BLUE before your eyes adjust.

I've always had the image that Mistborn Era 1 plays out in a sepia filter. Ash all around, reddish light, brown plants.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2017 at 2:33 PM, AnonymousFan said:

Also, what were the changes to the physiology of humans made by TLR?

TLR made Nobles and Skaa semi-distinct races. Nobles had few children, were taller(iirc), and a few other things. Skaa were made very fertile(to keep workforce population up), shorter, more physically built for labor, etc.. Most of these changes were partially negated by Skaa-Noble interbreeding over the centuries.

Both types were altered to survive in the ashen landscape. The Southern Continent was kept unaltered, so TLR had a baseline to work from if his changes doomed the North.

So he essentially made 3 races of humanity: Noble, Skaa, & Human

• Chaos locked this topic