Future Prologues

The Rooster

It's been stated that, at least for the first five books it is likely that the Prologues will all be featured on the same night, but from Different POVs.  I've been hitting the books and I think I've put together a few super tight and accurate timelines for the events in these future chapters for some of our favorite characters. 

Dalinar:

-Dalinar meets with Gavilar pre treaty signing.  Gavilar tells him to follow the codes.  Dalinar makes a face when he turns away and starts pounding a goblet of purple.

-Dalinar keeps drinking

-Dalinar continues to drink.  Eventually calling for the Parshendi to bring their drums and start the merriment. 

-Elhokar tried to calm down his uncle while his wife sniggers

-Few more cups of purple wine

-Dalinar passes out

-Dalinar is awoken and told that Gavilar has been assassinated

Well, I know it looks impressive but it really didn't take too much work. You just have to put in the time and do the work.  Onto my next one, and this one took A LOT of timeline scouring so I hope you appreciate it.

Kaladin

-Kaladin studies all day

-Kaladin helps his mom and Tien clean up some crem

-I'm sure they eat dinner or something?

-The Stormblessed family turns it in early that night

What POV for Assassination Day are you looking forward to?

Edited by AG Rooster

I'm looking forward to the drunk-beggar-herald's PoV, should have some very interesting revelations. Like what colour of wine was in the flask he was reaching for? and answers to important question like, did they see him?

Though on a serious note I'm guessing we'll see Elhokar's PoV as the next one. After that we'll see another character, I think Sadaes or Amaram seem most likely at the moment, since Dalinar was drunk most of the night like you so cunningly deduced. And my money is on us seing Gavilar's point of view for the final one. What could be more revealing that what was seen by the man himself that night.

Edit: Good point, I forgot Eshonai was there, in that case I would say: Elhokar, Eshonai, Gavilar. are most likely.

Edited by Moist_von_Lipwig

Elhokar, Eshonai, and Gavilar are the ones i'm most looking forward to (would like to see).

Elhokar: Obviously he was having conversation with who we think are Heralds, so that might be an interesting read, to see what was discussed.

Eshonai: I would like to hear the debate that lead to the decision of murdering Gavilar, also more regarding their "Gods". How did they get in contact with the Assassin in white?

Gavilar: That would probably be the last POV of that night. It would probably answer all the remaining questions we'd have regarding what happened that night, and what Gavilar was working on.

Definitely hoping for Gavilar (for #5). Eshonai would be nice (Eshonice), but I doubt it will happen - though I don't know, maybe it will. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we see Sadeas. Elhokar is a likely candidate, maybe his wife too - depends on how big of a role she has. The thing is, we don't really know who else is there - we didn't know about Amaram until Tor released those chapters. Oh, maybe Amaram PoV would be interesting.

I want a Wit prologue ! Since Hoid is always present at the most important happenings i guess he could be there, too. 

Screw it i'm want a whole Hoid book ! Well, one book clearly would'nt be enough .. there has to be a series.

There is a hoid series, but we wont see it for a long time yet.

I personally don't want a Gavilar PoV think it would be more fun if we were left to put events together our selfs I think the PoV's of Elhokar, Amaram and Sadeas would account for most of Gavilars movements so we can piece together the events of that night.

The only thing a Gavilar PoV has going for it in my opinion is what he planned to do/did that the Parshendi feared but that only becomes necessary if none of the other PoV's are aware of them.

On a side note if Amaram turns out to be one of the soldiers who flee with Sadeas a Sadeas PoV would be unnecessary unless as I suspect he is the one aware of Gavilars plans which would open up a slot.

I disagree with the belief that Gavilar will make things more... boring, let's say. By the time we are in book #5, we should already know a lot about what his plan was, what the consequences would've been, and where he got the idea from. I doubt we'll know all of it, but we'll have an outline. What I want to see is his internal monologue - not for more information (though a couple of tidbits would be nice), but so I can learn more about Gavilar the person, not Gavilar the dead character.

Elhokar, Eshonai, and Gavilar are the ones i'm most looking forward to (would like to see).

Elhokar: Obviously he was having conversation with who we think are Heralds, so that might be an interesting read, to see what was discussed.

Eshonai: I would like to hear the debate that lead to the decision of murdering Gavilar, also more regarding their "Gods". How did they get in contact with the Assassin in white?

Gavilar: That would probably be the last POV of that night. It would probably answer all the remaining questions we'd have regarding what happened that night, and what Gavilar was working on.

I don't think Eshonai was privy to the whole debate about the decision. When her sister brought up storm form she said "I'm bring this to the council." Eshonai may be part of the Council now but I don't think she was then. When she became the war leader she was informed of the reasoning?

I don't think Eshonai was privy to the whole debate about the decision. When her sister brought up storm form she said "I'm bring this to the council." Eshonai may be part of the Council now but I don't think she was then. When she became the war leader she was informed of the reasoning?

Eshonai wasn't part of the council, but the council included her in the discussion and decision because of her knowledge of humans.

• Chaos locked this topic