Hoid in White Sand

CosmereQuestioner

I also think that Hoid in the musician. We also have to take into account when looking for Hoid in books is the chronology as this determines whether or not he has Allomancy or Surge binding. WS is the first in the chronology (When Dragonsteel comes out it will be second.) and correct me if I am wrong we don't know how long after WS take place after Adonalsium's "death". So in short Hoid would be his Hawkfaced blonde hair self, unless he has disguised himself with another conventional mean. He does not have breath, surges, allomancy/feruchemy at this point as far as we know to disguise himself through means of Feruchemic Atium. (Please do not hesitate to correct me. I am still new to theorizing over the internet)

Edited by Pagerunner
Removed OB spoilers

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2018 at 0:14 AM, Calderis said:

Hoid has a variety of Lightweaving that originates pre-shattering from Yolen. We have never seen him at a point in time that he wouldn't be able to disguise himself.

But he seems to prefer normal disguises.

• 1 year later...

Hate to necropost but I needed to create an account so I can propose extra evidence.  I read the graphic novel and listened to the Graphic Audio version of White Sand at the same time. The voice actor who plays Hoid in Graphic Audio's version of the Stormlight Archive books is Chris Davenport. In the credits we can see that indeed the voice actor is reprising his role as Hoid in White Sand.  There are 2 scenes, shown earlier in this thread, where we see the musician playing his instrument. During these scenes you can actually hear Hoid speaking while playing the instrument. There is no doubt in my mind that Hoid is the musician. 

reference: https://www.graphicaudio.net/white-sand-volume-one.html

P.S. If you are wondering how Hoid sounds in the Graphic Audio version of these books (highly recommended) He sounds like the bard Jaskier in Netflix's The Witcher. His instruments really drive the similarity home.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 8:15 PM, Jamonifm said:

Hate to necropost but I needed to create an account so I can propose extra evidence.  I read the graphic novel and listened to the Graphic Audio version of White Sand at the same time. The voice actor who plays Hoid in Graphic Audio's version of the Stormlight Archive books is Chris Davenport. In the credits we can see that indeed the voice actor is reprising his role as Hoid in White Sand.  There are 2 scenes, shown earlier in this thread, where we see the musician playing his instrument. During these scenes you can actually hear Hoid speaking while playing the instrument. There is no doubt in my mind that Hoid is the musician. 

reference: https://www.graphicaudio.net/white-sand-volume-one.html

P.S. If you are wondering how Hoid sounds in the Graphic Audio version of these books (highly recommended) He sounds like the bard Jaskier in Netflix's The Witcher. His instruments really drive the similarity home.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the instrument he plays in White Sand is called a "zenthir" (at least I think that's what the narrator said.. I retain audio less well than text), which beards name very similar to the "enthir" he plays for Kaladin in the story of Fleet (Words of Radiance).. and yeah, now that you say that.. he does sound like Jaskier.

• 5 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 3:14 PM, Walkerxes said:

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the instrument he plays in White Sand is called a "zenthir" (at least I think that's what the narrator said.. I retain audio less well than text), which beards name very similar to the "enthir" he plays for Kaladin in the story of Fleet (Words of Radiance).. and yeah, now that you say that.. he does sound like Jaskier.

interesting, that does make sense.

2 minutes ago, Bejardin1250 said:

You might want to avoid bumping a thread if you don’t have something to add to a conversation 

It's only from December it's fine, and besides it wasn't even a full page bump

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood While this is fine try not to do it with anything over a year old unless you have something important to add.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, LeonardChurch said:

WR9zAwVvErQz4GgIgMCeAC14R-aqVyF3x6jyTT4g9sztCqBjcin_upfWTPdvpftUtOZu8oUEyX3chkzJLlLjO9xTrKiAKweqVJGIR7CB2voKbqqae1x0vu4K7LnYDiI64LSCxUTjag=s1600

I could have sworn it was this guy playing here.

This is correct. The guy on the boat with the instrument is Hoid (I think everyone agrees about this). He is the same one as in the other pictures and has the same instrument. (Sorry if I misinterpreted the question. Also, sorry for bringing up this thread again.)

• 2 years later...

Welcome to the Shard.

1 hour ago, Stormblessedmistborn said:

This has to be Hoid, musician with white hair

Spoiler

IMG_0369.jpeg

Yes, that's one appearance. If you check the White Sand Summary, each chapter he makes an appearance is listed in that chapter's character list. Example:

Spoiler

Chapter 4: Divides

Characters

• Hoid (appearance only)

Hope that helps