Randm character concept, which I'm pitching more to see if anyone has done it yet? I think there are shades of it in Nathan, but maybe not exactly the same...

Basically, an epic con man. As in, a con man who pretends to be an epic.

Think Jack Harkness, way back he was introduced; a grifter, drifter and all-around malcontent, faking epic powers to get a leg-up on things. Usual M.O, of course, would be to roll into town, get what he wants and et outta dodge before he has to actually back his claims up (which... might not work for an RPG), but... figured I'd run the idea by ya'all?

Haha he sounds very amusing

there are indeed shades of him in Nathan, and people have suggested some characters with motivators who pretend to be epics I think, but none exactly like that.

He could be an amusing part-time character

Or goes to Corvallis and gets trapped

He's Knighthawk!  :P

On a different topic, here's a timeline:

David's birth:2005

Day of Annexation/David is 8!: 2013

RP: 2018

It would take about 1 year for Steelheart, after taking Chicago, to cement his rule. Then, he would have 4 years for Conflux to actively power the city. So: 2018! It would take about that long for people to consider Steelheart as feared as Night's Sorrow or Obliteration.

Actually, Steelheart is set in 2023 (ten years after annexation). The RP is two years before that, so 2021.

Is that actually written down somewhere?

That's as great as a blind man pissing during an earthquake.

Or a carrot in a minefield

Or maybe even bread at a rock party  :P

Haha he sounds very amusing

there are indeed shades of him in Nathan, and people have suggested some characters with motivators who pretend to be epics I think, but none exactly like that.

He could be an amusing part-time character

Or goes to Corvallis and gets trapped

Only way I can think of that working would be to have him drift between RP topics. 

But I'm also pretty sure the only way his story can end is in him getting locked down in one ()probably Corvalis or Astoria), outted, and then lynched by angry epics and/or vanilla's. 

Sounds interesting. How would he fake Epic powers? He probably needs something flashy, at the least, to make sure people believe him.

I'm more of an "ideas" guy. Practical things like "how does this work" aren't precisely my forte. :P

Well, technically his Rending should have ended last night, so it's more that death for him is just so easy. He doesn't have to revive, he doesn't come in a burst of flame or an explosion, he just goes to a "peaceful" place with Calamity and then he's back in his fully healed body. 

Did we ever get a hard limit on how long Rendings go? I mean otherwise it doesn't really matter if he has some hallucinations of a place that doesn't exsist, he still dies.

Did we ever get a hard limit on how long Rendings go? I mean otherwise it doesn't really matter if he has some hallucinations of a place that doesn't exsist, he still dies.

I guess we could factor in the negation of death-related trauma as one of the quirks of his power. Like Deathwish not feeling pain when his damage reflection kicks in or Lucentia not flinching when she's shot in the face.

By the way, I was thinking about Night's Sorrow and maybe it could be someone really close to Nighthound who he gifted before he died. Then she goes on a killing/destruction spree. She might need to have other powers as well, but I think that might work.

You know Kobold, I'm not sure what I expected this earth day, but a ponified version of a fictional character congratulating me on helping to depopulate the world was certainly not one of them. In hindsight though, it probably should've been...

You know Kobold, I'm not sure what I expected this earth day, but a ponified version of a fictional character congratulating me on helping to depopulate the world was certainly not one of them. In hindsight though, it probably should've been...

You're welcome. :P

On another note entirely... it's Earth Day! Please take a moment out of your days to hear some important messages from members of the Epic community.

Remember, it's for the planet.

MoL3Yj2.jpg

RrqPpi6.jpg

Of course Funtimes would love the mantis shrimp :P That's pretty much perfect, Kobold. Thanks for making me crack up in class :D

So: 2018!

That is...quite a large number. :mellow:

I guess we could factor in the negation of death-related trauma as one of the quirks of his power. Like Deathwish not feeling pain when his damage reflection kicks in or Lucentia not flinching when she's shot in the face.

That works. Edited by mail-mi