Longer White Sands preview

The Invested Beard

At least he eventually swapped to a black hood instead. But why a hood?

Exactly! Let me block most of my peripheral vision while going into combat with multiple foes. Makes perfect sense :huh: . Only thing worse is the warlock in Destiny. There is literally absolutely no reason/use to have a hood when you are wearing a space suit complete with helmet. 

Edited by Pathfinder

Exactly! Let me block most of my peripheral vision while going into combat with multiple foes. Makes perfect sense :huh: . Only thing worse is the warlock in Destiny. There is literally absolutely no reason/use to have a hood when you are wearing a space suit complete with helmet. 

I think you mean Hunters. And they only wear them because they think they look cool. It literally says that in a description of one of the hoods.

I think you mean Hunters. And they only wear them because they think they look cool. It literally says that in a description of one of the hoods.

Riiiiiiiite, been awhile since I played, my bad. Got so pissed at the lack of any content that I sold it back ASAP. Well I am sure in world they can think they look cool as a hive leaps at them from the side and rips off their head, hood and all lolol

"Welcome to Taldain, a planet like no other. Taldain has no rotation; instead it is forever locked in place, one half in brilliant sunlight, the other in eternal night."

This is not how tidally locked planets work, Dynamite. 

Here's the full synopsis from DSC01's link:

Welcome to Taldain, a planet like no other. Taldain has no rotation; instead it is forever locked in place, one half in brilliant sunlight, the other in eternal night. The most powerful figures on Dayside are the Sand Masters, harnessing arcane powers to magically manipulate sand for construction, transportation, and spectacular displays of attack and defense. The weakest of their number is Kenton, whose paltry abilities pale in comparison to his peers and to his father, the powerful Lord Mastrell Praxton.

However, a conspiracy is afoot on Dayside that threatens the stability of the whole planet. When the Sand Masters are ambushed and slaughtered, Kenton believes himself to be the sole survivor. With enemies closing in on all sides, Kenton finds himself in an unlikely partnership with a mysterious Darksider called Khriss -- who hides secrets of her own.

Plus some raw information:

White Sand Vol. 1 is on sale at finer comic shops and bookstores everywhere this June, and features 160 pages of spellbinding story and breathtaking art, from a true master of the genre! Look for this deluxe hardcover format for $24.99.

Just as an FYI, Amazon originally had June 22nd and changed the date recently. The change is from the 22nd to 5th which is only 14 days, so an extra two weeks to wait. No big deal, really. We know it's coming this year and not at the end of the year. We're getting close.  :lol:

This is not how tidally locked planets work, Dynamite. 

When I was writing the article about White Sand for Polish fansite I did point that out. Cause I did my research B)

...Well, actually, do we have confirmation that Taldain is tidally locked with its star or is it not moving at all? Probably the former, as a planet staying in place would require huge amounts of Shardic Intervention not to fall into the sun, but still...

...Well, actually, do we have confirmation that Taldain is tidally locked with its star or is it not moving at all? Probably the former, as a planet staying in place would require huge amounts of Shardic Intervention not to fall into the sun, but still...

If it was not moving at all, its solar system would just leave it behind. You could get around this requirement too, but then you are just piling... not even justification, just plain excuses to make that theory work.

There's an even longer preview on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brandon-Sandersons-White-Sand-Hardcover/dp/1606908855/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1459518386&sr=1-1&keywords=white+sand+brandon+sanderson

Note that in Brandon's introduction, he says that he originally conceived of Taldain as a planet

between two stars. There is an odd type of light on Darkside, coming from the other star.

Of course, we don't know if this is still the case in the latest edition.

Edited by DSC01

There's an even longer preview on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brandon-Sandersons-White-Sand-Hardcover/dp/1606908855/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1459518386&sr=1-1&keywords=white+sand+brandon+sanderson

Note that in Brandon's introduction, he says that he originally conceived of Taldain as a planet

between two stars. There is an odd type of light on Darkside, coming from the other star.

Is there a way to see ALL of that preview without having Amazon account?

There's an even longer preview on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Brandon-Sandersons-White-Sand-Hardcover/dp/1606908855/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1459518386&sr=1-1&keywords=white+sand+brandon+sanderson

Thanks for the reminder! This really made my day XD They even include concept design sketches at the back of the book, which is totally amazing! Can't wait to read it!

And there is also a map of Taldain (Dayside):

post-6459-0-46206700-1459658434_thumb.pn

Locations

Dayside

• Northern Border Ocean
  • Southern Border Ocean
  • Deep Sand
  • Denka
  • The Kerla - KraeDa
  • Seevis - Revan
  • Nor’ Tallon - Nor’ Tallon R.
  • Tallon
  • Kerzta - Ker Kedasha
  • Lossand - Kezare, Lraezare, Ry’Do Ali R.

I also wonder who the figure with red hair is.

Edited by Botanica

I don't know. I always thought of Bavadin as being a man, but I can't remember any masculine pronouns being ascribed to him, now that I think about it. Really, there haven't been a lot of references to Bavadin at all.

Well, for example, in http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1076#18Bavadin was referred to as male. I'm sure it's not the only instance either.

Well, for example, in http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=1076#18Bavadin was referred to as male. I'm sure it's not the only instance either.

Thanks for the WoB! I could have sworn Bavadin had been referred to as a he somewhere but couldn't remember. Also given we still do not know who the woman is in the "voidbinding" version of the eye of the almighty (theories say Cultivation, but nothing concrete yet), then this woman doesn't necessarily mean she is the shard either.