Pet Peeves

Sarcasm

The words "Fleek" and "Bae."

WE DON'T NEED THOSE WORDS. WHY. JUST DONT USE THEM. PLEASE.

Those words are now an important part of our culture, whether you like it or not. :P

If my eyebrows weren't blond, they would always be on fleek...unfortunately bae won't let me use her stuff to darken them. :(

Fleek is like, trying to be sleek but not quite trying there? Honestly that and Bae feel like *conspiracy theory drumroll* something some people made up and then made it make its way into culture. It just doesn't sound like a natural slang that would develop.

I thread you, chive.  What kind of beckies would throw a nart like that?  It's enough to make you jic your own!

People who lean conservative using clips from "Watters' World" as evidence of their views. Like the one I saw today, where Watters asked questions of Sanders supporters, which was framed top and bottom with the words "BERNIE SANDERS' FANS ARE CLUELESS." 

Guys. Watters seeks out the dumbest people on the street. He admitted as much, on air, when asked how he chooses people to interview, and he said he gravitates toward people who don't look all that bright. No matter who Jesse Watters is interviewing, you can bet they are not an accurate representation of the group to which they belong. He chose the people he did to make the group they represent look like a bunch of buffoons. 

When I was studying student journalism, I heard a quote that's stuck with me: "My journalistic ethics are like my underpants. If they're too tight, they'll chafe; but if they're too loose, they'll trip me up and expose my chull." Jesse Watters' journalistic ethics are very loose indeed, and I consider him one very, very small step above tabloid reporters. His "interviews" should not be treated as a valid source of information. 

I have lots, but there's one that drives me nuts above all else: people who insist on chewing like cows--mouths open, smacking and chomping. *shudders* You would not believe how many adults I've had to ask to chew with their mouths closed, which is supposed to be something parents teach their kids from a young age!

As someone who isn't all that bothered by people eating - what exactly do you mean by smacking? 

I mean the sort of noise you would get if you slapped someone with a fish or removed a lollipop from your mouth while sucking on it hard with your mouth. Or the noise of a really loud, wet, sloppy kiss, I suppose.

People who don't slide the box-cutter blade back into its casing.  It's called safety!

The worst perpetrator of this at work is the guy who had to get stitches last year for slicing his finger open on a box-cutter.  He still hasn't learned.  :rolleyes: