Which Brandon Character Would You Date?

Chaos

I thought this would be a fun idea for a thread: which character from Brandon's books would you date, and why?

For me, it's probably between Sarene, Marasi, or Shallan. They are all intellectuals, which is very appealing. But knowing me, I'd probably end up falling for Shallan. I always end up falling for more artsy girls (which is cool, I'd teach her calculus or something), and no offense Shallan, you're awesome, but she's got some serious issues, too (which is also normal for my dating life :P).

Who would you pick?

Eh, I'm not sure I could go with Shallan. She's too prim and proper. I need someone easy-going like Steris :P

Seriously though, Siri, all the way. Spontaneous, fun, adventurous, all great qualities. I'm much too much of a boring "follow the rules" person, so I need someone to make me have fun once in a while. With magic hair, and small shape-shifting abilities, what else could a guy ask for?

Seriously though, Siri, all the way. Spontaneous, fun, adventurous, all great qualities. I'm much too much of a boring "follow the rules" person, so I need someone to make me have fun once in a while. With magic hair, and small shape-shifting abilities, what else could a guy ask for?

Perhaps a girl who isn't already married? :P

(Of course, this topic exists in an alternate universe where all these people are single, but still :P)

Oh whoops, what can I say? I'm guess I'm not one of those follow the rules guys. In all fairness, Sarene's pregnant, so I hope you enjoy your adopted half-Elantrian baby if you go with her :P

Dude I am falling for Shallan. Shut your face :P

You'd have some competition for Shallan, Chaos. She is certainly the one for me! That is because

a) She's a redhead.

b ) she's hilarious

c) While she might have her daddy issues, at least I wouldn't have a horrible father-in-law, as I would if her dad were alive.

d) Oh yeah, and I guess she's like super-special-magical or something

Edited by FireArcadia

This is a tough choice!  I think that I would probably date Siri or Vivenna.  They are both called "beautiful" by those around them and I think they both have an incredible intellect and toughness that I find quite sexy.  Though, I seriously would not want to try and steal them from Vasher or the God-King.....

Oh, and Navani.  I am into hot, older women.

Edited by BlairJ

That's a real difficult question. :)

Most of the characters are sooooo young. :) Maybe I'd take Hoid, Galladon or Teft. 

I really like Susebron, because he was sooooo innocent. But -- he's married and no longer innocent. :P

The second option sounds a little more like the three little bears with more death to me. But isn't that how normal dating works?

Your dating life is quite a bit more interesting than mine, clearly :P

Unrelated: if I was a girl, I would fall for Elend, no question. That's easy.

Your dating life is quite a bit more interesting than mine, clearly :P

Unrelated: if I was a girl, I would fall for Elend, no question. That's easy.

Nah, not really. Though my life over all is intersting enough as is.

So all I need to do is find the AU where Elend is a girl and then one down in the compitition for Shallan's affections. :P

Most of them are just a little too young for me.

I find Steris' "badness with people" charming and a little cute. A little problem is she's already in love with a man who can fly. If I could just convince her to use her family's money to open the first fast food restaurant on Scadrial, and laugh all the way to the bank, she'd know I'm the right guy for her. "See, we don't need to be good with people. We just need to add fat and sugar and put bright colors on it, and they'll buy anything!" We'd be so happy together.

edit: I was reaching a lot to come up with anything, which is why it comes out a bit silly. There aren't a lot of choices. I do think Steris would be happier finding a way to appreciate herself and find a sense of humor that fits herself, rather than apologizing for being bad with people.

Edited by Morsk

I'm not sure if you're a guy or a girl, because your profile doesn't say, but I figured you should know this. (Abbreviated by myself for length reasons)

W. HEUS

How do you feel about the lack of prominent gay characters within the epic fantasy as a genre and do you ever include (or will ever include) gay or lesbian characters in your own work?

There is a lesbian character in Alloy of Law; again I don't make a big deal of it though it's a little more obvious.

People who have discussed it are like 90% sure it's Ranette, although you probably could make an argument for Steris.(But she did seem attracted by Wax's heroism)

I'm not sure if you're a guy or a girl, because your profile doesn't say, but I figured you should know this. (Abbreviated by myself for length reasons)People who have discussed it are like 90% sure it's Ranette, although you probably could make an argument for Steris.(But she did seem attracted by Wax's heroism)

I'm a guy. And that wouldn't shock me, I just really liked her as a person from the brief glimpse we got of her.