Reckoners World RPG

Quivil

33 minutes ago, Goob said:

"Do you think you can get anything done by nightfall?"

"Probably. Here, nightfall. Got it. Anything in particular you want me to find out? Besides the usual stuff, I mean."

Edited by Tani

On 3/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, Tani said:

Why not ask the Nons? That's what most of us did, and their information was almost always accurate."

"I'm not asking the Epics for information, per se. I'm reaching out to the Epics of the city to gauge their motives. My soldiers that I didn't send out have already given me a brief overview, but I intend to learn more when I go up into the city proper. Which brings us to you. Surely you heard of my message, if not directly receiving it. Unless you just like taking walks in sewers. Where does your allegiance lie?"

Crystallix studied the newcomer, analyzing her posture, the subtle cues she gave off about who she was. Was she the kind of Epic to submit to a stronger force? Or one who would resist until her dying breath?
Either way, Crystallix wanted to make her decision easier. He caused the veins of crystal on the floor to shoot up into jagged spikes, pointing at the Epic from various angles. Not touching, but each point being a mere four inches from her skin. 

Ace strode through the slum-like alleys of the city, eventually coming across the collapsed building where he had set up his meeting with an informant before tracking Compound. He waited until he saw a shadowed form enter the ruin before advancing. When he reached the building he ducked through the mostly collapsed door and peered through the building’s dark interior. Inside was a man, short, fat and wearing the tattered remains of a suit, his informant, Torch.

“Torch, I am here for the information I requested,” Ace said, “What have you got for me.”

Torch straightened himself, and said  “Well, you requested knowledge of the EAEC and any potential operations they would have in the city. I cannot tell you much about them other than the knowledge that most people know, where they operate and what they do.”

“Alright, the second question is more important to me anyway.”

“Well you see, this information was very difficult to get hold of, I trust you will pay well for this, else I am ruined.”

“Out with it man, do the EAEC have any dealings in the city, and if so where would I be most likely to find them?”

I'm going to ask that someone on the EAEC team provide what the informant would know, as I dont want to give away anything this guy wouldnt know, as it wouldnt make sense. Feel free to just finish what Torch says.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:16 PM, Tani said:

"Probably. Here, nightfall. Got it. Anything in particular you want me to find out? Besides the usual stuff, I mean."

"A safe and secret place to hide out would certainly help. These hotel rooms are expensive."

On 3/16/2022 at 0:26 AM, #1 Taln Fan said:

"I'm not asking the Epics for information, per se. I'm reaching out to the Epics of the city to gauge their motives. My soldiers that I didn't send out have already given me a brief overview, but I intend to learn more when I go up into the city proper. Which brings us to you. Surely you heard of my message, if not directly receiving it. Unless you just like taking walks in sewers. Where does your allegiance lie?"

Crystallix studied the newcomer, analyzing her posture, the subtle cues she gave off about who she was. Was she the kind of Epic to submit to a stronger force? Or one who would resist until her dying breath?
Either way, Crystallix wanted to make her decision easier. He caused the veins of crystal on the floor to shoot up into jagged spikes, pointing at the Epic from various angles. Not touching, but each point being a mere four inches from her skin. 

"So you're after motive, not just allegiances. Me? Why should I tell you?" Her eyes narrowed.

The crystal shot up around her and she jumped, then tried to make hereself as small as possible. "You make a very compelling argument. However, I really don't like negotiating from extremely threatening positions. Drop the spikes and I'll talk to you."

On 3/17/2022 at 4:16 PM, Goob said:

"A safe and secret place to hide out would certainly help. These hotel rooms are expensive."

"Noted." Rosalin walked off.

I'm bad at talking to my own NPCs so I'm going to off-screen it.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:36 PM, Skaromas said:

“Out with it man, do the EAEC have any dealings in the city, and if so where would I be most likely to find them?”

Torch fell silent for a few moments, gathering his thoughts. "They usually don't have any operatives in the city, and if they do, it's just an in-and-out info mission. To find them, you could try walking up and down streets and looking like you know stuff, but try not to look too much like an Epic or they'll ignore you, hide, or shoot first and forgo asking questions, probably from a secluded sniper nest."

Crystallix stared at the Epic, letting her sweat a bit. He eventually pulled back the spikes from the newcomer. All but one, which he kept pointed at the Epic's heart. 

It's important to show strength. Crystallix thought. If I must, I'll have people's allegiance through threats and fear. However, an Epic who respects me is more useful an asset than an Epic who only obeys because I have a dagger to their back.

On 3/20/2022 at 0:47 AM, #1 Taln Fan said:

Crystallix stared at the Epic, letting her sweat a bit. He eventually pulled back the spikes from the newcomer. All but one, which he kept pointed at the Epic's heart. 

It's important to show strength. Crystallix thought. If I must, I'll have people's allegiance through threats and fear. However, an Epic who respects me is more useful an asset than an Epic who only obeys because I have a dagger to their back.

"All of them." Her face tightened in anger.

On 20/03/2022 at 3:23 AM, Tani said:

Torch fell silent for a few moments, gathering his thoughts. "They usually don't have any operatives in the city, and if they do, it's just an in-and-out info mission. To find them, you could try walking up and down streets and looking like you know stuff, but try not to look too much like an Epic or they'll ignore you, hide, or shoot first and forgo asking questions, probably from a secluded sniper nest."

“I should have known this wouldn’t be easy,” Ace sighed before tossing a few coins at Torch, he had traded some of his supplies for them, “Thank you regardless Torch, but I must be going.” He turned and walked out the building, thinking on the best way to attract their attention.

There has to be an easy way to find them, He thought, The best way would be to locate myself near areas influenced by powerful epics. But where would I find something like that? I guess I’ll just have to ask around more.

He sighed and shook his head, before walking through the slums towards some more informants he knew would be ready to provide information to a rebel like him.

Compound stalked through the city, it was hard to not stalk through the streets in his dark clothing and mask. He watched and waited, and watched and waited, it was rather dull. He had thought that his little show of power would gather the interest of one of the powerful epics of the city, but no, nobody seemed to care apart from those epics that scattered and that bird who flew off. He sighed to himself and settled down for some more waiting and watching.

Edited by Skaromas

4 hours ago, Skaromas said:

“I should have known this wouldn’t be easy,” Ace sighed before tossing a few coins at Torch, he had traded some of his supplies for them, “Thank you regardless Torch, but I must be going.” He turned and walked out the building, thinking on the best way to attract their attention.

There has to be an easy way to find them, He thought, The best way would be to locate myself near areas influenced by powerful epics. But where would I find something like that? I guess I’ll just have to ask around more.

He sighed and shook his head, before walking through the slums towards some more informants he knew would be ready to provide information to a rebel like him.

Compound stalked through the city, it was hard to not stalk through the streets in his dark clothing and mask. He watched and waited, and watched and waited, it was rather dull. He had thought that his little show of power would gather the interest of one of the powerful epics of the city, but no, nobody seemed to care apart from those epics that scattered and that bird who flew off. He sighed to himself and settled down for some more waiting and watching.

Spoiler

He could probably conclude that the Crater would be a good place to attempt to find anyone, plus we're going there.

On 3/11/2022 at 11:13 PM, Tani said:

After that it was easy to find a person who would talk to him. "I'm new here. Are you willing to tell me of the current Epic politics of this city? Epic territories, places to avoid like the plague, stuff like that?"

The woman continued walking. "If you want advice, come with me while I give it. The east side of the city is controlled mostly by Desolation. The west is controlled by Ironwall. They're both typical Highs, both extremely arrogant, and both extremely dangerous, though Desolation is generally more likely to kill you. If you lie low and make yourself useful, you might possibly survive. The best place to be is in one of the less arrogant Lessers' territories, especially if they report to one or both of the Highs. They're less likely to kill useful people if they have competition, and the ones reporting to the Highs definitely count each other as competition. Also, a bit of advice: spend as little time out and about as you possibly can. Sometimes new epics kill streeters just to teach us to be scared. Stay away from anything and anyone weird. If you're looking for safety, the very best place to be is absent."

Ricochet followed, listening quietly and politely as she talked, walking about a half step behind her. When she finished, he thanked her and asked "Is there something I can do to repay you for helping me?"

The woman went up to a house, unlocked the door, and entered, then paused to respond. "Don't die, and definitely don't get me killed." She shut and locked the door.

Ricochet hurried away.

@#1 Taln Fan

Is Crystallix going to respond to Bug?

5 hours ago, Goob said:

@The Unknown Novel
"Well, we need to get going. Come on. I was thinking we could investigate down the main sewer tunnel first." Cibor wasn't sure how much he trusted this mercenary, so he had taken it upon himself to keep an eye on the gun-for-hire.

"Fine by me." Damien subconsciously took the lead to the door.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:12 PM, The Unknown Novel said:

"Fine by me." Damien subconsciously took the lead to the door.

Once the both leave, they walk down the highway into the denser parts of Berlin, and Cibor leads Damien to a sewer entrance tucked away in a tight alleyway. Pulling off the manhole ca wave of stench hits the two and Cibor hops down onto the ladder and descends into the dark.

7 minutes ago, Goob said:

Once the both leave, they walk down the highway into the denser parts of Berlin, and Cibor leads Damien to a sewer entrance tucked away in a tight alleyway. Pulling off the manhole ca wave of stench hits the two and Cibor hops down onto the ladder and descends into the dark.

Can it be the entrance at the top of Crystallix's room? :)

13 hours ago, Tani said:

That would definitely be funny but I'm not sure how they would get out of that one without an unexpected crystal acupuncture session, especially unprepared. Maybe it would be better to have them stumble onto it while exploring?

On 3/23/2022 at 8:58 PM, Tani said:

Bug mimed zipping her mouth shut, glaring slightly. 

"You must realize that I can't have an unknown Epic completely free in my room here. Fine, I'll remove the spike." Crystallix waved his hand (though the action wasn't necessary), and the spike retracted. Instead, however, he caused a line of crystal to wrap around the Epic's ankle. Not tightly, but it could be instantly tightened into a vice if she tried something. "I'll remove the manacle if you cooperate."

8 hours ago, #1 Taln Fan said:

"You must realize that I can't have an unknown Epic completely free in my room here. Fine, I'll remove the spike." Crystallix waved his hand (though the action wasn't necessary), and the spike retracted. Instead, however, he caused a line of crystal to wrap around the Epic's ankle. Not tightly, but it could be instantly tightened into a vice if she tried something. "I'll remove the manacle if you cooperate."

"To answer your earlier question, I work for Ironwall. Now it's my turn. Does leaving count as cooperation?"