Who is Khriss?

Teccam

A few months? I SWEAR it took just one single day in my case, and one friend of mine had to wait the same time than me sending the mail at a different time.

By the way, we have seen a worldhopper who comes from White Sand (everyone who has read the book might know who is he), so at least we can confirm that some of the major characters still there for the official version (at least Khriss and B***).

You mean one of three 17thsharders?

Mighten Khriss be Iyatil? Mraize's Babsk? She is described as having dark tan skin, and seems to be the leader of a group dedicated to gathering knowledge related to different cosmere worlds? 

She's obviously a world hopper: 

"My name," the woman said. "Iyatil"

"I've never heard one like it."

"Unsurprising..."

Page 756, Words of Radiance. Kindle Edition, location 15081

Maybe she's Khriss as well? I'll have to re-read her description in White Sands... 

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/6416-szeths-unique-aquisition-spoilers/page-7#entry111604

Trying to find where khriss was aslos refered to as a dragon

To my knowledge Khriss has never been refered to as a dragon.  She also definitely isn't The Dragon to whom the letter is written since he is a he.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, man! I think she's Baxil's mistress! He says she looks Makabaki but has Shen-like eyes, and I don't think . I know everyone thinks she's Shalash, but could she be both? Her full name is Khrissalla, which could easily be corrupted to Shalash, especially by a culture that wants symmetry in their names. 

Oh, man! I think she's Baxil's mistress! He says she looks Makabaki but has Shen-like eyes, and I don't think . I know everyone thinks she's Shalash, but could she be both? Her full name is Khrissalla, which could easily be corrupted to Shalash, especially by a culture that wants symmetry in their names. 

Ooh, interesting idea. As a general question, do we happen to know when White Sand takes place relative to the general Cosmere timeline? Before or after Elantris?

And welcome to the 17th Shard, DSC01. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

We don't know where in the timeline White Sand takes place, but we can take a few educated guesses. We know by WoB that Blunt in Way of Kings, is from White Sand. So, for certain before then. We suspect Khriss is the Ars Arcanum author, because we have a WoB she is the most knowledgeable. That would put White Sand prior to Mistborn. Given that the rest of the Sanderson novels were written approximately in chronological order, and White Sand was the first book written, we can guess that if the approximate pattern holds true White Sand should be a bit before Elantris, but not too much. That's the best we have at the moment, I think.

Well, if my hypothesis is correct, and Baxil's mistress is both Shalash and Khriss, then White Sand happens a LONG time before most of the other books. She would have to have since learned a ton about the Cosmere, been roped into the Oathpact, and been running around Roshar (or maybe some other Shardworlds) for a number of centuries.

If by centuries, you mean millenia.... The oathpact was broken 4500 years prior. There were apparently 99 Desolations before that, and they were long enough to consistently eradicate iron age technologies, so they would have had to have been at least a decade between each one and probably closer to 50-300 years. If the 99 is accurate, that would make Shallash anywhere from 5500 to 34500 years old.

Edited by Tempus

If by centuries, you mean millenia.... The oathpact was broken 4500 years prior. There were apparently 99 Desolations before that, and they were long enough to consistently eradicate iron age technologies, so they would have had to have been at least a decade between each one and probably closer to 50-300 years. If the 99 is accurate, that would make Shallash anywhere from 5500 to 34500 years old.

I'd say considerably more than a decade. 9/10 of the population died every Desolation iirc, and it should take a very long time to get back to normal– at the very least 300 years. I kinda doubt the 99 Desolations bit, seeing as by this point all the other planet's populations should be flying around in FTL spaceships zapping each other with giant lasers with that much technological delay on Roshar's part.