Brandon in Bulgaria

Hunky Dory

Hello everyone!

I have been planning on attending Brandon's reading and singing in Sofia, Bulgaria on 27th March. However I can't find the venue where signing will happen and I am not able to plan the whole trip appropriately. I guess what I am asking is if anyone knows exact time and place of the event?

You probably know, but in case not the page is here.

It's at midday but he hasn't posted the location yet. Just keep up to date with the site, he must announce soon. And if there's any chance you can record the audio he's usually ok with it and it is invaluable for us :) I'm always happy to do transcriptions if you do.

And enjoy it! I'm both jealousand really glad Bulgarian fans are representing.

This being my first signing I am really glad you reminded me of recording! I promise I will try :)

As for the location, I have been religiously checking the events page ever since the event was announced and as it's getting closer I am growing more impatient, the plan is to find a bed and breakfast near venue, we will travel from Serbia and time schedule will be tight. Sorry if I ramble, I am just trying to plan a not so short trip :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so dragonssleepinfire over on tumblr went to this signing and asked the following question:

Q: In Words of Radience

B: Yes

Q: After Eshonai bonds the storm spren, she starts hearing this screaming voice in her head.

B: Yes

Q: Is that her voice?

B: Well, um… It is a combination of her voice and something that is happening with Roshar, and at the end of the next book you’ll get a big clue.

I was pretty surprised that he said with Roshar and not in Roshar, but he’d been signing for a while so he might have not phrased it right. Then again it might be a clue.

There is a half hour video on Facebook that I won't get a chance to go through until much later today, so I don't know what's in it.

Re: Eshonai WoB. I've been thinking about what's happening with her, and I am starting to suspect a (large?) piece of either her mind or soul has been replaced by the stormspren she bonds with. I had a vague feeling that the comet-like spren she starts seeing is that piece of her, but I wanted to finish my Words of Radiance reread and extract the relevant passages before I formulate this as a theory.

Edited by Argent

On 3/16/2017 at 3:35 AM, Hunky Dory said:

Hello everyone!

I have been planning on attending Brandon's reading and singing in Sofia, Bulgaria on 27th March. However I can't find the venue where signing will happen and I am not able to plan the whole trip appropriately. I guess what I am asking is if anyone knows exact time and place of the event?

I had no idea that Brandon sings LOL 

11 hours ago, WeiryWriter said:

Okay so dragonssleepinfire over on tumblr went to this signing and asked the following question:

Very interesting. And it reminds me of this.

BLIGHTSONG

Is anything magical going on with the screams Szeth hears?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Uhhh, Szeth's screams. Uhhm, I'm trying to decide how to answer this. It is not, see here's the thing. What we would call magical may not be considered magical in the Cosmere, but it depends on your definition of magic. Would Szeth if he were on our planet and have done those things would he hear those screams, probably not, but would someone else in the Cosmere who had gone through what he had gone through hear those screams, yes.

BLIGHTSONG

So it has to do with the spiritual realm?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yea, mhmm, yea.

I figured it was because of the victims but maybe it opened him to hearing the same thing going on 'with' Roshar and the screams relate to Roshar rather than his actual victims?

wot-tidbits on tumblr has also post the following collection of videos/recordings of stuff Brandon did while in Bulgaria:

Here is  the full package of all recordings of Brandon Sanderson while visiting Bulgaria on 28 and 29 March 2017

We start with the only recording of the first Q&A at mall Bulgaria.

https://web.facebook.com/groups/368803339975431/permalink/626426507546445/

On the other day we had online interview in two parts (as there was problem with connection) 

https://www.facebook.com/Ozone.bg/videos/10155148544718320/

https://www.facebook.com/Ozone.bg/videos/10155148570203320/

And the evening Brandon Sanderson continued his inhumanity with long lecture about writing and stuff. Two parts.

https://www.facebook.com/Ozone.bg/videos/10155148980048320/

https://www.facebook.com/Ozone.bg/videos/10155149118493320/

And here is an audio file from close meeting/lunch between Brandon Sanderson and several Bulgarian literature bloggers. (lucky bastards) 

https://ufile.io/191f5

I know I said I was going to listen to all the things, but this is just too weird to me =\

I watched the public Q&A, the first video (https://www.facebook.com/groups/368803339975431/permalink/626426507546445/), and there isn't anything too interesting from it, but I can't promise I'll get to the others. I think it bothers me that I couldn't be there, so watching those is... uncomfortable. 

Noteworthy from the public Q&A:

• Apparently "most of [Dragonsteel] is gone, and is now in the Stormlight Archive" - though I am not sure how seriously we should take this (or, to be honest, how relevant it is). 
  • Alethi tall man Lift sees in Edgedancer? RAFO
  • There are some Navani viewpoints in Oathbringer.

Whoever ends up transcribing the rest, I can jump in and maybe offer context to a question that had to be translated in English, but I would rather someone else do the bulk of the listening... If it's any consolation, I don't expect there will be much to transcribe, I think the second day was mostly a writing lecture.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late to this party, but are we suggesting that Eshonai may have been hearing what Hoid said he heard? The sound a planet makes when it pisses itself?

more to the point... Did Hoid actually hear Roshar urinating? Or was it metaphorical? Haha jk

edit: So... Was that an accidental downvote, because those are the exact words Hoid uses, and that was actually a sincere question in the first part. Though I do apologize if the second part went too far, I have some social disinhibitions.

Edited by Darkness

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finally decided to give the interviews a listen, just in case something came out of them (plus I feel a little bit responsible for checking these recordings, being from Bulgaria and all). You can rest easy, it doesn't seem like we've missed anything too exciting. I listened and reported the open Q&A earlier, and now I've listened through the two-part interview. I am assuming no lore will come out from the writing lecture, but I'll give it a listen too. In the meantime, here are the few relevant (though not new) Cosmere bits:

Q: Would a Shard's magic change if they moved to a different world?

A: RAFO.

A: Perpendicularity is the primary way to get between planets.

A: Rysn gets an interlude in Oathbringer.

A: Jasnah's role in Oathbringer won't be major, but won't be a minor one either; she will eventually reunite with the main cast.

A: Szeth was in the original The Way of Kings. I love the idea of someone doing terrible things for what he sees as noble reasons; he feels he has to do those things.

And the infamous "Shard of Ingenuity" WoB, verbose:

Q: If you were entrusted with a Shard of Adonalsium, which one would it be?

A: Maybe Ingenuity. 

I will remind you that Brandon later "clarified" it (through Isaac, on Twitter) by saying that "readers can interpret his worlds how they want." 

@WeiryWriter, the last link is dead - can you contact wot-tidbits about it (they say it's okay), because I don't know how to Tumblr beyond favoring things?

Edited by Argent

On 5/13/2017 at 1:24 AM, Argent said:

@WeiryWriter, the last link is dead - can you contact wot-tidbits about it (they say it's okay), because I don't know how to Tumblr beyond favoring things?

If you go to their page, at the top with the red buttons there is one that says "Ask", which is the standard message feature. (That page can be accessed for any tumblr-blog by apending "/ask" to the end of the main url)