StEC General Chat Thread

KChan

This isn't the official storyline planning-type thread, but ask and you shall receive: a general chat thread for EC. To get the ball rolling, I'll comment on the characters currently up. We've definitely got an interesting cast so far, and I think some of the similarities between them are pretty amusing. I'm also intrigued by the sudden massive use of the first-person in character histories. I have to say, I haven't written first-person prose in about a decade or so, so it was definitely an interesting experience for me.

I guess it's my fault, the whole first-person thing. xD

Anyway, the characters are all looking awesome. I love Kiki and Sayuri! :D I can't wait to see Sayuri in play (having already seen Kiki. xD Though of course, I can't wait to see her start on the forum, too!)

I'm excited to see the group dynamic as a whole, and how we all end up together. I know we've begun figuring that out, but it should be interesting seeing our individual characters form into a group.

Yeah, for sure. I mean, a few of us have already set the stage, but where, for example, will Krh'rhl come in, and how? How will Sayuri convince herself/be convinced to join Nasir and Kiki's trio? It'll be a lot of fun playing that out.

Also, aside from Krh'rhl, because it doesn't say in his profile, I like how Sayuri is the shortest of the group. By almost a foot.

Yeah, for sure. I mean, a few of us have already set the stage, but where, for example, will Krh'rhl come in, and how? How will Sayuri convince herself/be convinced to join Nasir and Kiki's trio? It'll be a lot of fun playing that out.

Also, aside from Krh'rhl, because it doesn't say in his profile, I like how Sayuri is the shortest of the group. By almost a foot.

Wait, a trio of protagonists?

Does this mean I am obligated to make a primary antagonist?

We seem to have a quartet (or future quartet), with Krh'rhl. :D

Actually, it'd be a quintet, wouldn't it? If you count Harran, anyways:

1. Sayuri
  2. Krh'rhl
  3. Nasir
  4. Kierra
  5. Harran

A quartet of players, a quintet of characters.

Yay for shortness!

Side note, I said "about" to give me some wiggle room. I'm picturing Sayuri as somewhere between 5'00" and 5'4". Most likely 5'2", but we'll see. Hence wiggle room. I refuse to put an exact height on her until I am absolutely forced to :)

Sayuri was originally going to be kind of an antagonist, but she came out much nicer than she was in my head, so I guess it's up to Chaos and Kuri. We'll see what happens as the RP progresses though. I'm sure some things could change :)

I see her as a good guy almost entirely. While she's a little bitter and untrusting, she not as cold as I originally saw her being.

As for the other thing, I suppose it would depend when the RP starts whether it is flashback or not.

EDIT: I see what you are saying. How about they meet up in Tolvera?

Side note: Where and what exactly is Tolvera? From your post KChan it seems to be some sort of capital...

My character now has a proper name. He is Darshan Sevra. He's the crown prince of the Verani Empire, a nation which lies on the continent of Saraea, which is quite a distance from Alteiryn.

Oh, and he holds a sword named Rajendra which is an artifact that creates illusions.

It took a freaking long time to name this stuff.

My character now has a proper name. He is Darshan Sevra. He's the crown prince of the Verani Empire, a nation which lies on the continent of Saraea, which is quite a distance from Alteiryn.

Oh, and he holds a sword named Rajendra which is an artifact that creates illusions.

It took a freaking long time to name this stuff.

Well worth it, though, in my book!